You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 UMDNJ - Robert Wood Johnson Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Has anyone tried to reschedule an interview yet? Wondering how receptive they are.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
can anyone tell me how long it took to receive the "your application is complete" email after they submitted their secondaries? thanks!
I'm wondering the thing. Any input would be appreciated.
Fingers crossed for this school, I would love to go here!
can anyone tell me how long it took to receive the "your application is complete" email after they submitted their secondaries? thanks!
I sent my secondary on August 11th and received "complete" email on August 13th.
I sent my secondary on August 11th and received "complete" email on August 13th.
Thank you!
Submitted secondary on 8/21, received "file complete" email on 8/22can anyone tell me how long it took to receive the "your application is complete" email after they submitted their secondaries? thanks!
Submitted secondary 09/03, LORs finally uploaded today.
Complete email sent today. Fingers crossed!
Complete email sent today. Fingers crossed!
Edit
Last edited:
Interview invite this morning - very excited...
I was complete 7/15...
Does anyone know if it will be the same as last year - in that even though we'll interview 9/28, we shouldn't expect to hear anything until mid-December?
Good luck to everyone...
Congratulations! And thanks for posting- it gives me hope, since you were complete before me!
How can one check their status? I got an eMail saying that I was under review, but when I log on to the portal I don't have a status. Is it just by eMail?
Edit
Last edited:
I am in group 3 on 9/28 as well!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
has anyone had any issues downloading the secondary from email clients? they keep sending me nonviable files..that cannot be opened with any programs (Adobe/Office) and i know its not my computer because I open other pdfs/words just fine... ugh?
Got an email from RWJ and became all excited. 😀😀
But then saw it was about the merger with Rutgers.

But then saw it was about the merger with Rutgers.

Got an email from RWJ and became all excited. 😀😀
But then saw it was about the merger with Rutgers.![]()
Haha seriously I did the same. I care much less about the merger than I do about getting an interview at either school.
haha seriously i did the same. I care much less about the merger than i do about getting an interview at either school.
+2
Interview Invite! 9/26
Complete 9/19
IS 30R
3.75sgpa/3.73cgpa
wow, that's an incredibly fast turnaround. i was complete on 09/07 but still haven't heard anything. i wonder if this means i'm about to be rejected.
For the question "Please comment on any science grades below a B," I am really puzzled about what I should say if I just did poorly in the class because I did not understand the material well. I don't know what more there is to say about it but I definitely feel like I should be saying something more. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Interview Invite today! Wow, what a great way to start the day.
Complete: 8/7
Invite: 10/11
Interview: 11/30
Hang in there for everyone else waiting!
IS, 29S, 3.6 sgpa and cgpa
Complete: 8/7
Invite: 10/11
Interview: 11/30
Hang in there for everyone else waiting!
IS, 29S, 3.6 sgpa and cgpa
Interview Invite today! Wow, what a great way to start the day.
Complete: 8/7
Invite: 10/11
Interview: 11/30
Hang in there for everyone else waiting!
IS, 29S, 3.6 sgpa and cgpa
in state?
Can't tell if this is a question that needs a reply, but... she said "IS" = in state. Congratulations PurpleSmiley!!! 😀
my bad...I think i've been staring at SDN far too long for my own good
congrats!
II around 10:30 this morning!
Complete Aug 13
Stats- 30, 3.8, IS
Complete Aug 13
Stats- 30, 3.8, IS
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS MSTP Invite 10/22
II this morning! (my first MD interview) 😀
Complete 8/16
IS 29Q, 3.7
Complete 8/16
IS 29Q, 3.7
II this morning! (my first MD interview) 😀
Complete 8/16
IS 29Q, 3.7
Congrats! Our stats are similar and I was complete 9/5, so hopefully I'll hear in ~2 weeks!
II this morning. Complete 8/29. IS
Stats?
Edit
Last edited:
Complete 9/26
II 11/21
they said in the email that they are unable to schedule my interview yet, but then said later in the same email they said that they have upcoming dates (and listed them, one in Jan and one in Feb). So this means I just wait right? AKA don't answer.
II 11/21
they said in the email that they are unable to schedule my interview yet, but then said later in the same email they said that they have upcoming dates (and listed them, one in Jan and one in Feb). So this means I just wait right? AKA don't answer.
I got that exact same message. regardless of when i get to interview, i'm just happy to have the invite
I have my interview this Friday... In a doc they sent regarding mmi format, it says that Friday is the 5th interview session of this admissions cycle...
Isn't that... Very late???
Isn't that... Very late???
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have my interview this Friday... In a doc they sent regarding mmi format, it says that Friday is the 5th interview session of this admissions cycle...
Isn't that... Very late???
Yeah I think Robert wood is just SLOW. I'm thinking part of it may be so that people don't interview there when they've already been accepted to other places - keeps the yield rate higher for the state school. At any rate, unlike most schools, they issue no decisions on 10/15. On my interview day (10/26), they said our decisions would be in their first batch, sometime in mid-December.
Part of the slowness could be the amount of time it takes to read/process their RIDICULOUS secondary!
Slow, maybe, but like someone posted above, if they are interviewing about 60 people a "session" then I guess that makes up for it.
Yep, I believe that's what it means. It would become like our pharmacy school/business school/nursing school/etc, I guess. The specific names won't be changing, except instead of UMDNJ RWJMS it would be Rutgers University RWJMS
Will both NJMS and RWJMS be considered Rutgers Medical School? I'm a bit confused about this.
Yep, I believe that's what it means. It would become like our pharmacy school/business school/nursing school/etc, I guess. The specific names won't be changing, except instead of UMDNJ RWJMS it would be Rutgers University RWJMS
They'll both be under the Rutgers "umbrella" but remain separate entities with separate applications/admissions processes. From what I heard at both interviews, the only things affected will be possibly the school's names, where/how funding is allocated, and unlimited access to Rutgers' libraries and intramural sports - students at RWJ seemed especially excited about the latter!
Also, it probably means students will have access to all Rutgers facilities (eg. Athletic and rec facilities) and maybe even housing? which would be ridiculous ...
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 253
- Views
- 93K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
- Replies
- 599
- Views
- 196K