2012-2013 UMDNJ - Robert Wood Johnson Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks and congrats!- I was complete 7/25 and am still waiting! :(

Members don't see this ad.

can anyone tell me how long it took to receive the "your application is complete" email after they submitted their secondaries? thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
can anyone tell me how long it took to receive the "your application is complete" email after they submitted their secondaries? thanks!

I'm wondering the thing. Any input would be appreciated.

Fingers crossed for this school, I would love to go here!

I sent my secondary on August 11th and received "complete" email on August 13th.

Submitted secondary on 8/21, received "file complete" email on 8/22

Submitted secondary 09/03, LORs finally uploaded today.
Complete email sent today. Fingers crossed!

Interview invite this morning - very excited...

I was complete 7/15...

Does anyone know if it will be the same as last year - in that even though we'll interview 9/28, we shouldn't expect to hear anything until mid-December?

Good luck to everyone...

Congratulations! And thanks for posting- it gives me hope, since you were complete before me!

How can one check their status? I got an eMail saying that I was under review, but when I log on to the portal I don't have a status. Is it just by eMail?

I just got my interview details today by email. Anyone else in group 3 on 9/28?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone had any issues downloading the secondary from email clients? they keep sending me nonviable files..that cannot be opened with any programs (Adobe/Office) and i know its not my computer because I open other pdfs/words just fine... ugh?

Got an email from RWJ and became all excited. :D:D
But then saw it was about the merger with Rutgers. :smuggrin::bang:

Got an email from RWJ and became all excited. :D:D
But then saw it was about the merger with Rutgers. :smuggrin::bang:

Haha seriously I did the same. I care much less about the merger than I do about getting an interview at either school.

Interview Invite! 9/26
Complete 9/19

IS 30R
3.75sgpa/3.73cgpa

Interview Invite! 9/26
Complete 9/19

IS 30R
3.75sgpa/3.73cgpa

wow, that's an incredibly fast turnaround. i was complete on 09/07 but still haven't heard anything. i wonder if this means i'm about to be rejected.

For the question "Please comment on any science grades below a B," I am really puzzled about what I should say if I just did poorly in the class because I did not understand the material well. I don't know what more there is to say about it but I definitely feel like I should be saying something more. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Interview Invite today! Wow, what a great way to start the day.

Complete: 8/7
Invite: 10/11
Interview: 11/30

Hang in there for everyone else waiting!

IS, 29S, 3.6 sgpa and cgpa

Can't tell if this is a question that needs a reply, but... she said "IS" = in state. Congratulations PurpleSmiley!!! :D

II today! Really excited since this is my top choice and my first II.
IS MCAT: 31 sGPA: 3.87

Last edited:
II this morning! (my first MD interview) :D

Complete 8/16
IS 29Q, 3.7

Complete 9/26
II 11/21

they said in the email that they are unable to schedule my interview yet, but then said later in the same email they said that they have upcoming dates (and listed them, one in Jan and one in Feb). So this means I just wait right? AKA don't answer.

I got that exact same message. regardless of when i get to interview, i'm just happy to have the invite

I have my interview this Friday... In a doc they sent regarding mmi format, it says that Friday is the 5th interview session of this admissions cycle...

Isn't that... Very late???

Complete 9/6... hoping to hear something soon :/

They interviewed 3 groups of 15-20 on my interview day. So the 5th day would mean roughly 225-300 interviews which would make sense if they interview 450 they probably only have 8-10 days.

Congrats on all the recent ii's!

does anyone have data on # interviewed / accepted? perhaps from the US News report?

I have my interview this Friday... In a doc they sent regarding mmi format, it says that Friday is the 5th interview session of this admissions cycle...

Isn't that... Very late???

Yeah I think Robert wood is just SLOW. I'm thinking part of it may be so that people don't interview there when they've already been accepted to other places - keeps the yield rate higher for the state school. At any rate, unlike most schools, they issue no decisions on 10/15. On my interview day (10/26), they said our decisions would be in their first batch, sometime in mid-December.

Part of the slowness could be the amount of time it takes to read/process their RIDICULOUS secondary!

Will both NJMS and RWJMS be considered Rutgers Medical School? I'm a bit confused about this.

Slow, maybe, but like someone posted above, if they are interviewing about 60 people a "session" then I guess that makes up for it.

Will both NJMS and RWJMS be considered Rutgers Medical School? I'm a bit confused about this.

Yep, I believe that's what it means. It would become like our pharmacy school/business school/nursing school/etc, I guess. The specific names won't be changing, except instead of UMDNJ RWJMS it would be Rutgers University RWJMS

They'll both be under the Rutgers "umbrella" but remain separate entities with separate applications/admissions processes. From what I heard at both interviews, the only things affected will be possibly the school's names, where/how funding is allocated, and unlimited access to Rutgers' libraries and intramural sports - students at RWJ seemed especially excited about the latter!

Also, it probably means students will have access to all Rutgers facilities (eg. Athletic and rec facilities) and maybe even housing? which would be ridiculous ...

Status
Not open for further replies.