2012-2013 UMDNJ - Robert Wood Johnson Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, it probably means students will have access to all Rutgers facilities (eg. Athletic and rec facilities) and maybe even housing? which would be ridiculous ...

Yup that's what they told us on our interview day. And dining halls also.

Members don't see this ad.

top choice, but I messed up 2 of the stations here. I hope that isn't enough to ruin my chances here.

Complete 9/26
II 11/21

they said in the email that they are unable to schedule my interview yet, but then said later in the same email they said that they have upcoming dates (and listed them, one in Jan and one in Feb). So this means I just wait right? AKA don't answer.

Did u end up responding or hearing back? I got this message to..

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed here already and can't wait to hear back. I called them and they said they are going to have their first ADCOM meeting this dec 5th and send out their decisions for the interviews that have been conducted so far from that time to mid-december sometime. I couldn't guage from the MMI at all so let's see what happens. Am I the only one who thought that or people who interviewed there thought the same thing? Could you guys guage if the interview was great or bad?

Interviewed here already and can't wait to hear back. I called them and they said they are going to have their first ADCOM meeting this dec 5th and send out their decisions for the interviews that have been conducted so far from that time to mid-december sometime. I couldn't guage from the MMI at all so let's see what happens. Am I the only one who thought that or people who interviewed there thought the same thing? Could you guys guage if the interview was great or bad?

Thanks for calling! I can't wait to hear the decision. I was thinking the same thing too- I enjoyed the MMI interviews, but I couldn't tell if the interview was good or what they thought. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed.

I'm very excited to hear as well. I've already been accepted to UMDNJ-SOM, so I really won't be devastated if I don't get accepted (especially since I want to do EM and either one is fine for me). Still, this would be my first choice as it's closer to home.

I actually thought I was able to gauge the MMI the same, or if not better than other traditional interviews - for me, I thought I did very well. By that I mean that if I am rejected or waitlisted, I can not imagine it coming from the MMI, but rather being on the lower end with stats (3.6 sGPA, 30Q). Either way, excited to hear.

I wonder if the decisions will actually start coming out tomorrow even though they've given them out around Dec. 15th for the last two cycles. Maybe this year will be different. I'm way too excited here.

anxiously awaiting hearing back!! RWJ is my top choice by far ..hope to hear soon!

I just looked on MSAR and it says that Dec.15 is the earliest that acceptances will go out.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am also excited but super nervous. I don't know what the outcome will be as this is also my top choice. I just wished if I could have gauged something from the MMIs.. I wonder how they make their decision?? I m sure equal weight-age is given to stats and interview, right.

I am also excited but super nervous. I don't know what the outcome will be as this is also my top choice. I just wished if I could have gauged something from the MMIs.. I wonder how they make their decision?? I m sure equal weight-age is given to stats and interview, right.

I know during scoring/grading of the MMI, these interviewers had no access to any of your stats or demographics. However, if I remember correctly, they did say that when the admission's committee met as a group, your statistics would be available to them at that time...

Just a thought -- Do you think that IS applicants who have RWJMS as a "safety" would have withdrawn by now? Or do you think that the lower IS tuition is enough for all applicants to wait and see?

Just a thought -- Do you think that IS applicants who have RWJMS as a "safety" would have withdrawn by now? Or do you think that the lower IS tuition is enough for all applicants to wait and see?

Definitely enough to wait and see. I would say this applies to most people.

Called the admissions office and they said that decisions will go out "verrry shortly." I asked if they would be out within the week and was told "yes."

Apparently, last year the official email went out on the 15th (Friday), but people started receiving phone calls the day before. So maybe some of us might be hearing tomorrow?

But 15th this time around is a Saturday so hopefully they start letting us know by tomorrow and Friday..I m excited but nervous at the same time.

Are they still giving out invites. Was complete mid July and have heard nothing. IS. Mcat 32P.

Are they still giving out invites. Was complete mid July and have heard nothing. IS. Mcat 32P.

Probably. I remember seeing dates available into December when I got my II, even though the first batch of acceptances are given to people who interviewed up until the Nov 30th interview session.

Probably. I remember seeing dates available into December when I got my II, even though the first batch of acceptances are given to people who interviewed up until the Nov 30th interview session.
How do you know that the first batch goes up to Nov. 30 interviews?

I was looking at last years thread, and also they said something about the adcom meeting the Wednesday after nov 30. As for decisions being released today or tomorrow, I don't know if there's enough time for the adcom to have met and made a decision already for the dec 10th session.

Just got my acceptance via e-mail, it said that phone calls will be made in the next few days.

Apparently we have to decide to accept or decline within the next two weeks? This is my first time applying and I thought we would have more time to decide.

when did you interview/ was it a group email?

so nervous right now...omg...do you think they'll be sending them out all day today?

so nervous right now...omg...do you think they'll be sending them out all day today?

Assume "no," find something else to do, and don't check your email until the end of the day. It's always better to be pleasantly surprised than to sit around waiting for something that doesn't happen.

when did you interview/ was it a group email?

I interviewed on the first date - I think it was early October but my mind is all over the place right now. Email basically said that we will be getting a phone call in the next day or two and congratulations on your acceptance...

I got accepted too! My first choice!!!!! Interviewed Nov 30th

no I called in...this is going to be the worst year of my life

Accepted! Via email at 11:49 am. Says Dr. Terregino will call in the next few days and that an acceptance letter will be sent by mail. :)

Just got my acceptance via e-mail, it said that phone calls will be made in the next few days.

Apparently we have to decide to accept or decline within the next two weeks? This is my first time applying and I thought we would have more time to decide.

You let them know accept or decline... But it's not binding. If you get in somewhere else you like better later you can withdraw your acceptance. That's why wait lists move so much in the spring. :D

When did people start hearing today? I haven't heard anything and thinking to call..

All accepting a decision involves is a small deposit (50-100$). You then have until May 15th to actually decide that you are going to matriculate at RWJ. You can hold as many acceptances as you want until that date. If you decide not to go to RWJ, the deposit is returned to you. Congrats.

Also, accepted as well!!! IS, 35, 3.4

Anyone want to start up a new RWJ vs NJMS debate? :laugh:

All accepting a decision involves is a small deposit (50-100$). You then have until May 15th to actually decide that you are going to matriculate at RWJ. You can hold as many acceptances as you want until that date. If you decide not to go to RWJ, the deposit is returned to you. Congrats.

Also, accepted as well!!! IS, 35, 3.4

Anyone want to start up a new RWJ vs NJMS debate? :laugh:

Are you sure we need a deposit? The email they sent just asks us to send a letter accepting their offer.

Accepted as well. And I didn't see anything about a deposit in my email.

Are you sure we need a deposit? The email they sent just asks us to send a letter accepting their offer.

Woops sorry, most schools require a deposit but it looks like this one does not. All the better!

Congrats to all those accepted, hopefully I will be able to make it to the accepted student reception.

Best of luck to those waiting!

So I called and am put on the wait list. It's a little bit disappointing but have other interviews scheduled and will prepare for them. So does anyone know how does the wait list works here and what can we do now?..does rwj like letter of intent?

Status
Not open for further replies.