2012-2013 University of Louisville Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm... I have no idea what it could mean then! I guess we'll just have to wait and see.. ugh. Ill post if/when I hear something. Hang in there, everyone!

You're on the middle third of the wait list too I'm guessing?

Members don't see this ad.

A. Did you check your Spam folder?
B. If there is nothing in your Spam folder, then I would contact the admissions office. I think's it reasonable to reach out to them after getting a background request.
C. It's better to find out today then have to wait until Monday to call the office.

Nothing in my spam folder so I think i'll call on Monday (road trippin' today) and find out what this is about. Thanks for the advice!

Members don't see this ad :)
I emailed Pamela Osborne today and she said they had a policy that a certain number of people on the wait list are submitted for a CBC. Not that that says much still but that was the official response.

Certain number of "random" people, or certain number of "top #___" from the wait list expected to get in? That's the question I'd like answered ;-)

Last edited:
Just wanted everyone to know that they are definitely making progress on the list. I got an acceptance offer on Wednesday (29th) off of the middle list. Things are moving a lot faster than I ever thought they would! Keep the faith everybody, and good luck!

Certain number of "random" people, or certain number of "top #___" from the wait list expected to get in? That's the question I'd like answered ;-)

I would guess top # of people otherwise they're pretty dumb for wasting that money on paying for background checks for people towards the bottom of the list.

Just wanted everyone to know that they are definitely making progress on the list. I got an acceptance offer on Wednesday (29th) off of the middle list. Things are moving a lot faster than I ever thought they would! Keep the faith everybody, and good luck!

Congrats, and thank you for sharing ;-) Curious, did you get the background check e-mail prior to receiving the acceptance offer or afterwards?

I would guess top # of people otherwise they're pretty dumb for wasting that money on paying for background checks for people towards the bottom of the list.

So in other words, you are guessing that they break the middle third down into subsections as well for CBC purposes? Hmmm, interesting. Well, if that theory is correct, then you must be close to the top of the remaining middle third because you received the CBC e-mail. I am in the middle third as well, but haven't received that e-mail. Keep us posted on your status and/or any further communications with the admin office and I'll do the same. Thx ;-)

Congrats!!! Thanks for sharing! I have been checking my email nonstop! I really, really hope I hear from them soon!

Thanks everyone! And I received the CBC about an hour after the acceptance was sent.

Anyone know if there's much movement from the list in June? I'm worried that the list is pretty much at a standstill now and very few, if any, acceptances will be given out :\

Anyone know if there's much movement from the list in June? I'm worried that the list is pretty much at a standstill now and very few, if any, acceptances will be given out :\

I'm sure there will probably still be at least some movement. There are 129 people now on the official Facebook group made by the school. With 155 spots, I'm think that group needs to be a little fuller than that before the wait list movement stops.

KCCO for now.

Members don't see this ad :)
First off congrats to those accepted and good luck to those waiting. As far as the laptop policy - I'm a little torn here. My fiance is starting in the fall and her parents are buying her a laptop as a gift. It's important to have a good one to last of course, however they are trying to be price conscious. This will be used only for school, no gaming or anything else like that.

We see that one option is to purchase through the school using the links on blackboard and you'll get the Lenovo or Macbook, fully loaded with what you need, and imaged so theres always a backup of the programs if something goes wrong. Ready to go right out of the box. The other option is to take the minimum requirements and shop around yourself, then either call them (or take the laptop in later) and Louisville will show you what you need to add and potentially just do it for you.

Are these options accurate to anyone who has done this? If it is, it seems that it would be easier to go through the school but potentially much cheaper to simply buy one on your own with the requirements. Any suggestions? We want it to be a good laptop, but don't have unlimited funds to spend well over $1,000 for it. Any help would be appreciated.

Word from the UK blog seem to be that the wait list has slowed down considerably. I'm guessing that would be somewhat synonymous here too :(

Word from the UK blog seem to be that the wait list has slowed down considerably. I'm guessing that would be somewhat synonymous here too :(

I think so as well. This has been a really rough week for me. I'm trying to come to terms with the fact that I will probably have to reapply and retake the mcat... Not to mention its freakin June so I'm also looking at a August/September app submission. Ugh...

Sorry for posting so late, I was accepted May 20 and will be attending as well! OOS, Top 1/3....Good Luck to all those still waiting!

I met with Pamela Osborne yesterday. She said that the wait list has been static for the past few weeks. However, she said that considering how the list "usually" moves, there might be some more movement between now and the end of June. But, she said if I don't hear anything from them by the end of June, to pretty much forget about getting accepted off of the wait list and go ahead and re-apply. She also said that she does not expect the entire middle-third to be exhausted.
I've been planning for the worse nevertheless, and will be submitting my application to AMCAS within the next couple of days. Hopefully there will be some movement soon though...

I had a friend today get accepted off the middle-third OOS waitlist. Good luck everyone!

Accepted off the wait list today!!!! Middle third. I'm absolutely psyched!!!

That's awesome!! Congrats!!!

... So, the list is still moving! Gives me some hope that things could potentially work out this year.

How do you find the facebook group. Is it searchable?

OMG. Pam Osborne just called and I'm accepted off the OOS waitlist! Holy crap!

Congrats BabyDoc86! I was hoping you would get in! See you in almost a week!

Status
Not open for further replies.