2012-2013 University of Vermont Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
just got email to fill out the supplemental app

Members don't see this ad.

For anyone wondering, there is no essay component for the secondary.

Question: They only allow enough space to specify four LOR. Do they ignore the other LOR if you have them?

Members don't see this ad :)
For the required course work:

My school is on a quarter system. UVM requires 6 credits or 1 year of each of the major sciences. However, I took orgo 1 and 2 in two quarters and our school is weird and gives 1 credit per class regardless of class. They say on the UVM website that in a quarter system, THREE quarters equals one year. Based on this, it seems like I have not even close to fulfilled the requirements even though all my classes were just accelerated versions of the semester courses. Anyone have a similar issue?

nevermind I forgot amcas converts my 1 credit to 4.3.

I hope I get this secondary today. I've officially decided they're my number one choice. :love:

Anyone else get one? Do they screen?

Members don't see this ad :)
They do not screen. I was verified early last week as well, but have not received one. It takes a while to send out that many, relax! haha

It's literally just.. anything else you want to share? It is that open-ended.

If i have a letter packet then I don't need to list the names right?

Secondary Submitted 7/27/12 2:11PM!

back up fast! filled out the optional essay section with my heart and sole

well crap. submitted this morning. didn't see an optional essay section. :( wonder if it was because i was using chrome =T

Ugh, I wish they'd hurry up with the secondary... ruins the whole point of getting verified early when they never send their secondaries.

Ugh, I wish they'd hurry up with the secondary... ruins the whole point of getting verified early when they never send their secondaries.

I think they just started sending out secondaries today. So personally, I would wait.

I didn't see one either! Whew. I thought I was being careless...but i was using chrome too. I doubt that's the reason though? :confused:

It wasn't an essay section per se. Two small open text boxes on the 5th (I believe) step of the app - right before the app review. First said "residency history" or something of the sort. Second just "additional information."

It wasn't an essay section per se. Two small open text boxes on the 5th (I believe) step of the app - right before the app review. First said "residency history" or something of the sort. Second just "additional information."

I recall the residency history... I filled that out. OH. Maybe I do remember the additional information text box, and I thought that meant additional information about my residency because it was under the same header? :smack:

I recall the residency history... I filled that out. OH. Maybe I do remember the additional information text box, and I thought that meant additional information about my residency because it was under the same header? :smack:

All is well, friend. It was optional for a reason, and nothing you could say there you couldn't say in an update.

I was using chrome and I saw the optional essay. Submitted yesterday!

Submitted just now, there was an optional section but it was only 1,000 characters.

Hey to those who have gotten secondaries are y'all IS or OOS?

hi everyone, current student here, thought I would join the party. Pretty busy lately and don't spend as much time on SDN as i used to, but i'll try to answer questions and be a resource for people as the year goes on. good luck to all!!

To anyone who hasn't received a secondary yet (including me), don't worry. Apparently the director of admissions is/was on vacation and he/she hasn't sent out secondaries to all the states yet. Only some areas have gotten them. The person on the phone said more will be sent out on Monday :)

Last edited:
To anyone who hasn't received a secondary yet (including me), don't worry. Apparently the director of admissions is/was on vacation and he/she hasn't sent out secondaries to all the states yet. Only some areas have gotten them. The person on the phone said more will be sent out on Monday :)

Oh lord, if they go by state I'm screwed haha. Most people forget mine even has people in it :p

Status
Not open for further replies.