You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 Washington University in St. Louis Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Bump
strong bump, any waitlist movement today?
MASSIVE bump
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got accepted off the waitlist. Holy ****. My world is upside down.
Any current students on here that wouldn't mind answering a few questions? This is turning out to be a much harder decision than I would have guessed a few months ago.
Any current students on here that wouldn't mind answering a few questions? This is turning out to be a much harder decision than I would have guessed a few months ago.
Last edited:
If you go to the WUMS Apply website, there should be a link in the sidebar about the waitlist and whether you want to remain on it.
Recently accepted from waitlist, couple of questions if anyone is able to answer.
1) When do we get housing information? I know there is a dorm but I don't know if I really want to live in it after I stayed there for the interview. I assume most people live off campus in apartments?
2) The info they sent in my acceptance packet stated that the deadline for the financial aid information was May 15th, I didn't get accepted until after that... Am I ineligible for aid?
3) What is required to transfer to the MD/PhD program? I looked on the site but it was somewhat vague, will I need to fill out AMCAS again and do all that?
1) When do we get housing information? I know there is a dorm but I don't know if I really want to live in it after I stayed there for the interview. I assume most people live off campus in apartments?
2) The info they sent in my acceptance packet stated that the deadline for the financial aid information was May 15th, I didn't get accepted until after that... Am I ineligible for aid?
3) What is required to transfer to the MD/PhD program? I looked on the site but it was somewhat vague, will I need to fill out AMCAS again and do all that?
Recently accepted from waitlist, couple of questions if anyone is able to answer.
1) When do we get housing information? I know there is a dorm but I don't know if I really want to live in it after I stayed there for the interview. I assume most people live off campus in apartments?
2) The info they sent in my acceptance packet stated that the deadline for the financial aid information was May 15th, I didn't get accepted until after that... Am I ineligible for aid?
3) What is required to transfer to the MD/PhD program? I looked on the site but it was somewhat vague, will I need to fill out AMCAS again and do all that?
Congrats on getting accepted! I'll try to answer your questions.
1) Olin residence hall will send you a packet containing info to live there. Also you can check out medadmissions.wustl.edu or this specific link. http://medadmissions.wustl.edu/StudentLife/ourstudentsguidetowusm/Pages/Housing.aspx It'll list all the typical housing options in the central west end area.
2) yes you can still apply for financial aid. Just recently finished my financial aid application so it's definitely still ok to fill out now.
3) don't really know much about this one
Oh for 1) Olin residence hall info took about 3 days to get to my permanent address on my amcas. There is also a closed Facebook group.One of the admins should invite you soon. Theres a decent number of people looking for roommates there.
Recently accepted from waitlist, couple of questions if anyone is able to answer.
1) When do we get housing information? I know there is a dorm but I don't know if I really want to live in it after I stayed there for the interview. I assume most people live off campus in apartments?
2) The info they sent in my acceptance packet stated that the deadline for the financial aid information was May 15th, I didn't get accepted until after that... Am I ineligible for aid?
3) What is required to transfer to the MD/PhD program? I looked on the site but it was somewhat vague, will I need to fill out AMCAS again and do all that?
1) As the person above said, you'll get a packet for Olin. Maybe 1/4-1/3 of the class lives in Olin, but most people live off campus, and most of those people live in the Central West End. There'll be lots of people looking for roommates.
2) I think they ask for you to get the paperwork in ASAP, with a deadline of maybe 2 weeks after you're accepted? There's def still aid to be given.
3) This isn't firsthand from me attempting to transfer, but I'm 99.8% sure you don't have to fill out AMCAS again. There might be an application of sorts, and I know you have to do the same committee interview as the regular applicants, but because it's an internal transfer it isn't as involved as applying as a pre-med. FYI, they accept maybe 1-2 transfers a year. I had one person from my class transfer in after 1st year and one transferred in this year.
About financial aid: They should have sent you some info on where to log on to fill out the necessary documents. Once you've completed everything, you should get your decision within a day or two. I faxed in my documents late on Wednesday and they got me my award notice by mid-morning the following day. Be sure to call them if you're unsure about anything—they're extremely helpful.
As for housing: there are some folks in the FB group looking for roommates, and they posted a document they'd given out during second look with a list of apartment complexes that you might find helpful. Personally, I've been looking for places on padmapper and craigslist and will be heading up to StL in the next couple weeks to check places out in person. There's also a google doc of WUSM students and graduates offering up subleases for the summer and/or first semester (through December).
As for housing: there are some folks in the FB group looking for roommates, and they posted a document they'd given out during second look with a list of apartment complexes that you might find helpful. Personally, I've been looking for places on padmapper and craigslist and will be heading up to StL in the next couple weeks to check places out in person. There's also a google doc of WUSM students and graduates offering up subleases for the summer and/or first semester (through December).
I remember hearing that the M1s this year were very actively campaigning for a P/F grading system during M2. Has there been any news on this?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I remember hearing that the M1s this year were very actively campaigning for a P/F grading system during M2. Has there been any news on this?
Won't be any news until December probably (the relevant committee meetings are very spread out over time)
thank you for the update tayless
Anyone here back about the waitlist? I'm starting to lose hope. :/
In a parallel universe, I just got the acceptance call...
I'm totally losing hope
I am sad
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 943
- Views
- 367K