You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2013-2014 Indiana University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Just got a lovely email with an II!
How fast did everyone hear back with available dates after sending in the campus interview request? It would be nice to be able to request off work since, from what I've heard, interviews are only Wednesdays?
Well you have to send in the forms first and once they receive those you get scheduled. It's at least 2 weeks in advance though
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not true, they schedule you after they receive your email with a campus request.
I've been waiting for them to schedule me for a while. Is that normal?
I've been waiting for them to schedule me for a while. Is that normal?
I talked to a friend who interviewed at IU last year, here's his timeline:
Received invite/additional materials 10/16/12
Submitted interview preference/online fee/mailed documents 10/18/12
Received email (NW-gary) 12/5/12
INTERVIEWED 1/16/12
Accepted 3/15/12
Obviously this is one of, what, 1000 interviews?? So by no means don't infer that I'm saying it will take 6 weeks to hear back from them, but don't be discouraged if you haven't heard back yet!
ACCEPTED!!!!!!! 😀 😀 😀
I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!
Interview was 9/4, IS
I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!
Interview was 9/4, IS
ACCEPTED!!!!!!! 😀 😀 😀
I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!
Interview was 9/4, IS
Congratulations!!!!! That's so awesome! Did you get notified via snail mail today?
I also interviewed 9/4, though I am OOS and about a 3hrs drive away from Indy.
Thanks! Yes it was via snail mail. I live in Indy though so I may have gotten it faster than most people.Congratulations!!!!! That's so awesome! Did you get notified via snail mail today?
I also interviewed 9/4, though I am OOS and about a 3hrs drive away from Indy.
Thanks! Yes it was via snail mail. I live in Indy though so I may have gotten it faster than most people.
That makes sense; thanks for the info! 🙂
Eagerly awaiting the mail now--hoping also they got to my app in their October committee meeting! I thought my interview went really well (which I know can mean nothing, but...) so crossing my fingers I hear good news soon.
I talked to a friend who interviewed at IU last year, here's his timeline:
Received invite/additional materials 10/16/12
Submitted interview preference/online fee/mailed documents 10/18/12
Received email (NW-gary) 12/5/12
INTERVIEWED 1/16/12
Accepted 3/15/12
Obviously this is one of, what, 1000 interviews?? So by no means don't infer that I'm saying it will take 6 weeks to hear back from them, but don't be discouraged if you haven't heard back yet!
Thanks so much! That really makes me feel better!
Anyone else assigned to South Bend so far?!
Does "Under Consideration" mean waitlisted?
Does "Under Consideration" mean waitlisted?
I do not think so. I think this means that your file is completely complete (with interview feedback and everything).
Does "Under Consideration" mean waitlisted?
When did you interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was looking over last year's thread and saw that people were able to call the admissions office and find out their decision that way. Any luck with that this year??
I don't know. I wish we had a Guinea Pig for this. Who wants to risk annoying the adcoms to find out.

I don't know. I wish we had a Guinea Pig for this. Who wants to risk annoying the adcoms to find out.![]()
Gave them a call and they just told me to wait it out... ha
Thanks! Yes it was via snail mail. I live in Indy though so I may have gotten it faster than most people.
Did you get an email in addition?
Does "Under Consideration" mean waitlisted?
My status still says that and I was accepted. I don't think the online status ever changes.
Did you get an email in addition?
Nope! Just the beautiful white envelope
My status still says that and I was accepted. I don't think the online status ever changes.
Nope! Just the beautiful white envelope
Great I interview the same day as you, but I'm in the southeastern part of the state so I just hope it's coming....
Accepted. Best feeling ever.
Accepted. Best feeling ever.
Congrats!! Are you IS? (Just trying to figure out when my mail will come haha)
Anyone interviewing in Indy on the 13th of November?
congratulations!!!my status still says that and i was accepted. I don't think the online status ever changes.
Nope! Just the beautiful white envelope
congratulationsaccepted. Best feeling ever.
When did you interview?
I interviewed on 10/2. I called them to ask what it meant. They said it means my application is available for the ad com to review at their leisure.
IS applicant, but I go to school in Michigan, and that is where I received my letter.
Interviewed on 8/28. Status still listed as 'under consideration' in the portal.
Good luck!
Interviewed on 8/28. Status still listed as 'under consideration' in the portal.
Good luck!
IS applicant, but I go to school in Michigan, and that is where I received my letter.
Interviewed on 8/28. Status still listed as 'under consideration' in the portal.
Good luck!
Thanks very much! 🙂 I'm in the Chicagoland area so hoping I get a letter in the mail tomorrow or Saturday...
does anyone know if everybody receives a letter regardless of status? I interviewed 9/4. and live in Illinois so maybe it didn't arrive yet?
Anyone know if you're supposed to receive a confirmation email regarding our interview? I received an email that told ME to confirm my interview on 11/6, so I sent an email to the requested address. However, they never sent one back that said "we have received your confirmation, etc." My status hasn't updated on the website either, so now I'm getting a little paranoid that I typed their admissions email address incorrectly or something.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You will get a letter this early if you are accepted. I doubt they'll send rejection letters out in the first batch. If you weren't sent a letter this month, they could have held your application until the next adcom meeting to re-evaluate. That's what my interviewers led me to believe.
And no, you won't get an email to confirm your confirmation. They'll send you info about your interview a week or two before the actual day. The application portal is notoriously behind on updates. Don't worry about it. If you were offered an interview on a certain day, you will interview on that day. Hope that helps.
And no, you won't get an email to confirm your confirmation. They'll send you info about your interview a week or two before the actual day. The application portal is notoriously behind on updates. Don't worry about it. If you were offered an interview on a certain day, you will interview on that day. Hope that helps.
Can those of you that have been accepted please list GPA and MCAT so those of us still waiting can gauge our chances?
OOS with in-state ties, received II recently.
Average stats.
I sent a letter to the admissions office describing my Indiana history prior to being primary verified so I probably avoided having my application being rejected initially (similar to most average OOS apps).
Average stats.
I sent a letter to the admissions office describing my Indiana history prior to being primary verified so I probably avoided having my application being rejected initially (similar to most average OOS apps).
Can those of you that have been accepted please list GPA and MCAT so those of us still waiting can gauge our chances?
IS, 3.81/3.86, 34
I felt fairly good about my interview but thought I could have answered two of the questions a little better.
Is it safe to say that if we didn't hear by now, then we're in the next month's pile?
Is it safe to say that if we didn't hear by now, then we're in the next month's pile?
Probably so 🙁 I interviewed early September, and I live less than an hour away from Indy. Haven't received anything in the mail
EDIT: I just received an email about campus assignment changes for accepted students. Did everyone else get this email? Or just accepted students 🙂
Last edited:
I just got an email from IU talking about a recent change to campus assignment procedures and those accepted will create a campus preference list.
The thing is, I don't know if I've been accepted yet because I didn't receive a letter in the mail yet.
Has anyone also received this letter who hasn't been accepted?
edit: the guy above me got it too.. so I guess every interviewee is probably receiving it :/
The thing is, I don't know if I've been accepted yet because I didn't receive a letter in the mail yet.
Has anyone also received this letter who hasn't been accepted?
edit: the guy above me got it too.. so I guess every interviewee is probably receiving it :/
Haven't been accepted, no email though. Maybe that gives you 3 above me some optimism!
I interviewed in early September and received the email too.
+1. No letter in the mail yet, though.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
To anyone who has interviewed, did you get a quesiton on the 9 competencies or what professionalism is?
To anyone who has interviewed, did you get a quesiton on the 9 competencies or what professionalism is?
I wasn't asked either of those questions but I guess it depends on your interviewer.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K