Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2013-2014 Loyola University (Stritch) Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
3.5/29 OOS Non-Trad
It might be that 29, there seems to be a consensus that 29 is the minimum required for admission and perhaps they want a higher GPA with that Kind of MCAT; However, I hope that is not the case because I have a 30 but a much lower GPA :/
It might be that 29, there seems to be a consensus that 29 is the minimum required for admission and perhaps they want a higher GPA with that Kind of MCAT; However, I hope that is not the case because I have a 30 but a much lower GPA :/
I have a new MCAT score coming tomorrow. Hopefully it will be a score worth sending an update.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a new MCAT score coming tomorrow. Hopefully it will be a score worth sending an update.
Good luck!!
Good luck!!
Thank you! Good luck to you too!!
Take, Luck!
I have a new MCAT score coming tomorrow. Hopefully it will be a score worth sending an update.
If that's the case, then they're obviously waiting for your new MCAT score to come in.
What you got may have been an automatic message.
You should be fine if your new score is over a 30.
good luck!
Looking forward to this thread, application in progress!
I got a secondary with a 28.
Hey folks. Wondering about the last question of this secondary - did anyone use this time to express why they want to go to Loyola? Or did you use it exclusively for updates to the AMCAS? I only ask because they don't have a question about why you want to go to Loyola, but this is one of my top choice schools and I want to do anything I can to make this clear! Thanks for any help you can offer
Hey folks. Wondering about the last question of this secondary - did anyone use this time to express why they want to go to Loyola? Or did you use it exclusively for updates to the AMCAS? I only ask because they don't have a question about why you want to go to Loyola, but this is one of my top choice schools and I want to do anything I can to make this clear! Thanks for any help you can offer
They probably didn't include that question on the secondary because they don't need that information to identify which students they are interested in. That space is for updates only, so I'd follow the instructions. If Loyola is your top choice, send an LOI to discuss why you want to attend Loyola.
I got a secondary with a 28.
Thanks for replying DeadDean,
I will be taking the MCAT this friday and Im anticipating a score between 27-29,
based on my average on the AMCAS practice exams.
A person at admissions told me a 29 was minimum but i dont think thats the case anymore.
Whats your gpa tho, if you dont mind sharing?
these are mine:
Undergrad GPA: 3.85
Undergrad Science GPA: 3.74
They probably didn't include that question on the secondary because they don't need that information to identify which students they are interested in. That space is for updates only, so I'd follow the instructions. If Loyola is your top choice, send an LOI to discuss why you want to attend Loyola.
When should we send a LOI? t I cant send one now b.c its too early and if i wait, i risk getting an early rejection and by then thats too late.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks for replying DeadDean,
I will be taking the MCAT this friday and Im anticipating a score between 27-29,
based on my average on the AMCAS practice exams.
A person at admissions told me a 29 was minimum but i dont think thats the case anymore.
Whats your gpa tho, if you dont mind sharing?
these are mine:
Undergrad GPA: 3.85
Undergrad Science GPA: 3.74
Goodluck to you! I have a 3.4 sGPA and a 3.5 cGPA with a strong upward trend, strong ECs, and strong LORs. My GPA is pretty low but holistic reviews are definitely to my advantage 🙂
When should we send a LOI? t I cant send one now b.c its too early and if i wait, i risk getting an early rejection and by then thats too late.
I'm sending my LOI in mid-september. If I'm already rejected, I am going to send my letter directly to the dean and ask them to reconsider my application.
Goodluck to you! I have a 3.4 sGPA and a 3.5 cGPA with a strong upward trend, strong ECs, and strong LORs. My GPA is pretty low but holistic reviews are definitely to my advantage 🙂
Awesome, thanks for the good wishes!
Good luck to you as well!!!!
I'm sending my LOI in mid-september. If I'm already rejected, I am going to send my letter directly to the dean and ask them to reconsider my application.
haha good plan! although I dont think they will "reconsider" your app.
Admissions people have been doing it for years and they know what they're looking for.
So I would suggest that you send that LOI now rather than later.....so they know how serious you are about going to Loyola
good luck!
haha good plan! although I dont think they will "reconsider" your app.
Admissions people have been doing it for years and they know what they're looking for.
So I would suggest that you send that LOI now rather than later.....so they know how serious you are about going to Loyola
good luck!
I'm not worried about being rejected early in the cycle; I'm worried about being rejected late in the cycle. With my stats and experiences, I'm expecting rejections from top25 schools and deferrals/holds from everywhere else. I am counting on my fall grades, updates, and LOIs to bring me to the interview arena. I'm in no rush to get an LOI out yet. This is a process of patience, tact, and resilience.
I'm not worried about being rejected early in the cycle; I'm worried about being rejected late in the cycle. With my stats and experiences, I'm expecting rejections from top25 schools and deferrals/holds from everywhere else. I am counting on my fall grades, updates, and LOIs to bring me to the interview arena. I'm in no rush to get an LOI out yet. This is a process of patience, tact, and resilience.
I see...well that sounds like a good strategy to me!
Best of luck!
When I check my status, it says, "Your file has been reviewed by the Committee on Admissions. The review process is continuous from now until the conclusion of our interview season in April. If you are granted an interview, you will be contacted by phone and/or e-mail."
Has anyone received an interview invite from here yet? I'm just curious if not having heard anything since I've been reviewed is bad or doesn't really mean anything.
Has anyone received an interview invite from here yet? I'm just curious if not having heard anything since I've been reviewed is bad or doesn't really mean anything.
edit: nevermind.
When I check my status, it says, "Your file has been reviewed by the Committee on Admissions. The review process is continuous from now until the conclusion of our interview season in April. If you are granted an interview, you will be contacted by phone and/or e-mail."
Has anyone received an interview invite from here yet? I'm just curious if not having heard anything since I've been reviewed is bad or doesn't really mean anything.
I tried to check my status just now and it seems the site is down.
I tried to check my status just now and it seems the site is down.
Maybe they are going to update and invite for interview?
The secondary app website wont load! Am I the only one?
Nope.
My status changed to "Your file is under review with the Committee on Admissions. Please note: files can be in review until the end of the interview season in April.". It use to be under preliminary review I think.
My status changed to "Your file is under review with the Committee on Admissions. Please note: files can be in review until the end of the interview season in April.". It use to be under preliminary review I think.
I've also had this status for quite a while now.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hi,,
how long did it take for you guys to receive the secondary. I dont want to call them if they just do it slower. its been about week after i submitted the appli
It's been a week since you submitted the primary? It will be a few weeks until your app gets verified and sent to Loyola. Then they will send you the secondary (assuming you meet the minimum requirements).
It's been a week since you submitted the primary? It will be a few weeks until your app gets verified and sent to Loyola. Then they will send you the secondary (assuming you meet the minimum requirements).
More like the full 5-6 weeks at this point in the cycle.
More like the full 5-6 weeks at this point in the cycle.
Yeah, sorry tiwenti, but this is probably true. This is the peak of the primary verification season. I remember seeing a graph once on SDN with the average verification time depending on when you submit. I couldn't find it though.
Unfortunately, all you can do is wait. Make sure your letters are in, so once your app is verified you will be ready to go. I wouldn't recommend emailing Loyola (or any other school) about receiving the secondary. Good luck.
Yeah, sorry tiwenti, but this is probably true. This is the peak of the primary verification season. I remember seeing a graph once on SDN with the average verification time depending on when you submit. I couldn't find it though.
Unfortunately, all you can do is wait. Make sure your letters are in, so once your app is verified you will be ready to go. I wouldn't recommend emailing Loyola (or any other school) about receiving the secondary. Good luck.
Is this the graph you were talking about?
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=12733546
Yep, thanks! Hang in there tiwenti!
My status changed to "Your file is under review with the Committee on Admissions. Please note: files can be in review until the end of the interview season in April.". It use to be under preliminary review I think.
I've also had this status for quite a while now.
After how many days it your status change from "under preliminary review " to "Your file is under review with the Committee on Admissions. Please note: files can be in review until the end of the interview season in April."
After how many days it your status change from "under preliminary review " to "Your file is under review with the Committee on Admissions. Please note: files can be in review until the end of the interview season in April."
I'm not entirely sure but I don't think it took very long for the status to switch.
My status changed to "Your file is under review with the Committee on Admissions. Please note: files can be in review until the end of the interview season in April.". It use to be under preliminary review I think.
Same here. Is this a good or bad thing? I don't have a frame of reference because I dont know if people are getting interviews yet.
does anyone have "has been reviewed" as their status? This is in contrast to "under review"...
does anyone have "has been reviewed" as their status? This is in contrast to "under review"...
Mine has said that I "have been reviewed" for a few days now. I guess it just means they've made a preliminary decision about us and we won't find out what it is until they start giving out interviews?
Mine has said that I "have been reviewed" for a few days now. I guess it just means they've made a preliminary decision about us and we won't find out what it is until they start giving out interviews?
Can you post exactly what your status says?
does anyone have "has been reviewed" as their status? This is in contrast to "under review"...
My status has been the "has been reviewed" status for over a week. I'm hoping its been that just because they don't want to send out invites yet, and not because I'm just on hold.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can you post exactly what your status says?
"Your file has been reviewed by the Committee on Admissions. The review process is continuous from now until the conclusion of our interview season in April. If you are granted an interview, you will be contacted by phone and/or e-mail."
My status: "Your file is under review with the Committee on Admissions. Please note: files can be in review until the end of the interview season in April."
It has been like this for almost a week i think..
I've had this status for at least two weeks. I hope it's not a bad sign...
I've had this status for at least two weeks. I hope it's not a bad sign...
According to last year's thread, I think it's better to be "under review." It appears we may stay at this status for a very long time (until an II is extended or we're put on hold.)
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K