You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2013-2014 Meharry Medical College
Started by Tots
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Unfortunately, I was rejected. But in the same email, I was told I'm being considered for the one year masters program. If you have your heart set on Meharry, it sounds like a great program that allows one to enter their medical school after a year of good performance.Anybody heard anything about the one year masters program at meharry? I think it's newer but it's by invite only.
Can someone please explain exactly how the MAPS program works? I know it is required before starting, but don't understand how it factors in to the academic year, housing, tuition, etc. I saw on the Facebook group that on-campus housing is not option.
To my understanding, it is just a block in the beginning of first year. So the M1 academic year begins with MAPS in June and it is counted in the first year tuition.
Here is more information about the course content from the academic catalog: http://www.mmc.edu/education/som/policies/studentpolicies/somacademiccatalogwithcp70313.pdf
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed on September 30. I received an e-mail today. I was placed on the waitlist. This sucks🙁
I really want to go to Meharry.
Have you heard anything about how the waitlist works? It seems like last year it was ranked by percentage. Just wondering if thats the case this year.
I interviewed this Monday 2/3 and was waitlisted today 2/6.
5
582927
My bad I just saw this. I stayed at the hotel they recommended, Hampton Inn in Nashville. It's very close to the campus, took me about a 15min walk over there. There's also a shuttle interview day that brings you directly there.Hey where did you stay before the interview? Hotel?
To my understanding, it is just a block in the beginning of first year. So the M1 academic year begins with MAPS in June and it is counted in the first year tuition.
Here is more information about the course content from the academic catalog: http://www.mmc.edu/education/som/policies/studentpolicies/somacademiccatalogwithcp70313.pdf
Thanks for that information! That does clear things up a bit.
Hi guys, I submitted the secondary in November and haven't heard a peep. The only application portal I have found is the applyweb.com one that tells me my payment was accepted and the form submitted successfully. Is there any other place to check status or do I just continue waiting for an email? Thanks!
Hi guys, I submitted the secondary in November and haven't heard a peep. The only application portal I have found is the applyweb.com one that tells me my payment was accepted and the form submitted successfully. Is there any other place to check status or do I just continue waiting for an email? Thanks!
I submitted mine in November and received a confirmation email a few days later. I got another email in early December asking to allow them up to six weeks for review and that they would communicate their decision via writing.
Last edited:
Just out of curiousity.. considering your status... would you say your interview went well ???Have you heard anything about how the waitlist works? It seems like last year it was ranked by percentage. Just wondering if thats the case this year.
I interviewed this Monday 2/3 and was waitlisted today 2/6.
II today! So happy 🙂 anyone know the II to acceptance ratio?
I turned my app in oct 21?Congrats! When were you complete?
I don't see anything about this program on their website? Do you have a link?Unfortunately, I was rejected. But in the same email, I was told I'm being considered for the one year masters program. If you have your heart set on Meharry, it sounds like a great program that allows one to enter their medical school after a year of good performance.
Anything u think went wrong? Talked about!Not sure about others but for me it was about a week. Rejected 🙁
Good luck and congrats (who got accepted) everyone!! 😀
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Unfortunately, I was rejected. But in the same email, I was told I'm being considered for the one year masters program. If you have your heart set on Meharry, it sounds like a great program that allows one to enter their medical school after a year of good performance.
This is correct. If you do well in the program and get a good score on the mcat (i think it has to be 25+) then you will be apart of the next class. It was formerly a Postbac program but they recently changed it to a Masters.
However if you get accepted elsewhere I'd go there in a heartbeat
Any current students free on Sunday? I'm flying in on Saturday wondering if anybody could show me around? I have a hotel just need someone to show me around
Any current students free on Sunday? I'm flying in on Saturday wondering if anybody could show me around? I have a hotel just need someone to show me around
You interview Monday? I'll be there.
Monday the 24!You interview Monday? I'll be there.
Monday the 24!
I meant this upcoming.
Anyone interviewing March 3rd
Application complete in November. Anyone else still waiting to hear about an interview?
There doesn't appear to be any information about the program on the website. I'll pm you the information that was emailed to me.I don't see anything about this program on their website? Do you have a link?
I think the interview went very well. I think it is more likely that I was wait listed due to my low science GPA. Meharry is my top choice though so I am still holding out hope.Just out of curiousity.. considering your status... would you say your interview went well ???
Application complete in November. Anyone else still waiting to hear about an interview?
I was also complete in November and have received neither invite not rejection. It's making me nervous I might have missed something.
My entire point of this post is to make you feel a little better...I was complete by the end of September and just got an II last week. Stay strong.
My entire point of this post is to make you feel a little better...I was complete by the end of September and just got an II last week. Stay strong.
That's comforting to hear. Good luck with the interview!
Hope the best for you...I think the interview went very well. I think it is more likely that I was wait listed due to my low science GPA. Meharry is my top choice though so I am still holding out hope.
Anyone interviewing Monday from out of town? I'm exploring the city today
Yes, but I am flying in tomorrow....did your interview day get changed from 8am-1pm to 10am-3pm too?Anyone interviewing Monday from out of town? I'm exploring the city today
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes! Well I'm going to explore the city tomorrowYes, but I am flying in tomorrow....did your interview day get changed from 8am-1pm to 10am-3pm too?
Just got my interview invite for 3/12!
Last edited:
Congrats! When were you complete?Just got my interview invite for 3/12!
I thought they only do Monday's?Congrats! When were you complete?
I thought they only do Monday's?
I know it's so weird that it's on a Wednesday.Congrats! When were you complete?
I was complete mid September. My stats are: 27 Mcat and 3.95 cgpa and 3.92 sgpa for undergrad. I'm not URM
Will you go there if accepted since you are gung-ho about NSU?I know it's so weird that it's on a Wednesday.
I was complete mid September. My stats are: 27 Mcat and 3.95 cgpa and 3.92 sgpa for undergrad. I'm not URM
Omg are you stalking my posts??Will you go there if accepted since you are gung-ho about NSU?
Lol... I remember that you spoke highly of NSU before... and I spend a lot of time in the pre-osteo forum as you do...Omg are you stalking my posts??
Yeah but it doesn't mean i stalk peoples posts...I do think highly of NSU. It's not my fault I got an ii at MMCLol... I remember that you spoke highly of NSU before... and I spend a lot of time in the pre-osteo forum as you do...
Errr .... That went south pretty quickly. Play nice kids!
I interview tomorrow. Anyone else? Im currently just taking in Nashville.
Who knows if I'll be able to interview. Nashville is covered currently covered in ice and my interview been delayed 3 bours. BUMMER
It was really nice meeting all of you who interviewed today at Meharry. Good luck with the application cycle you guys, I know you'll make great physicians one day.
Last edited:
It was really nice meeting all of you who interviewed today at Meharry. Good luck with the application cycle you guys, I know you'll make great physicians one day.
Same here. Wish I couldve had a tour
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone interviewing 3/10???
II 03/12. Really hope I get in
I'm interviewing 3/12. If anyone is in the area the night before and wants to go out and explore Nashville let me know 🙂
Interviewing 3/10. Super excited!
I'll be interviewing that day too!Interviewing 3/10. Super excited!