You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2013-2014 Meharry Medical College
Started by Tots
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
for those of you who got accepted , there is a facebook page titled Meharry Medical College School of Medicine Class of 2018, please join. thnx
Post link!
Just got Interview Invite for Jan 13th
Canadian
Lots of work with minorities
GPA 3.85 MCAT 31R
First Interview ...ever (Applied to American schools 3 rounds - 2nd app to Meharry)
I have no idea what I'm doing :S
I'm very excited as I have heard amazing things about this school!
(Sorry for low post count...I snoop a lot).
Canadian
Lots of work with minorities
GPA 3.85 MCAT 31R
First Interview ...ever (Applied to American schools 3 rounds - 2nd app to Meharry)
I have no idea what I'm doing :S
I'm very excited as I have heard amazing things about this school!
(Sorry for low post count...I snoop a lot).
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got Interview Invite for Jan 16th
Canadian
Lots of work with minorities
GPA 3.85 MCAT 31R
First Interview ...ever (Applied to American schools 3 rounds - 2nd app to Meharry)
I have no idea what I'm doing :S
I'm very excited as I have heard amazing things about this school!
(Sorry for low post count...I snoop a lot).
Congrats and good luck on your interview! Would you mind sharing when you received your complete email from Meharry? I'm hoping for an II here!
Congrats and good luck on your interview! Would you mind sharing when you received your complete email from Meharry? I'm hoping for an II here!
Sept 26th 🙂
I was accepted in early November but declined my acceptance. I would not stress about interview...it is pretty laid back. Just be yourself and articulate well your motivation/passion for medicine and why mmc. I honestly loved the school and I think the faculty members do care about the success of their students. Good luck.Any advice would be very very very much appreciated on the Interviews, where to stay, what to expect ect.
I was accepted in early November but declined my acceptance. I would not stress about interview...it is pretty laid back. Just be yourself and articulate well your motivation/passion for medicine and why mmc. I honestly loved the school and I think the faculty members do care about the success of their students. Good luck.
Thanks for the great advice. I'm really looking forward to the interview. Everyone I have spoken to has had nothing but good things to say.
So I was accepted and sent in my deposit! I was wondering if anyone had the match list for Meharry or where can I access it? (you can PM me) It would help in making my decision next May 🙂
I was complete late August and I haven't heard a peep since. So way longer than 6 weeks for me lol.Does it really take about 6 weeks to receive an initial decision after getting the complete email?
Ok out of all the schools I applied, I regret applying here the most! I didn't pay 35 dollars for them to tell me that I was not good enough candidate because of my damn mcat score. Talking about professionalism. Well guess what I just got interview at case and I think it went well. So I wonder if I am really not good enough candidate :/
5
582927
If you're getting an interview anywhere, you're a "good enough" candidate. The rest is up to how well you fit with the school's program and mission, how you do during your interview, etc. Congrats on the Case interview, keep your head up and good luck. Focus on that.
Thanks! I just though the message was rude. I have 7 years of research experience both clinical and basic science and have first author papers in PNAS, autophagy, AJP and 5 other co author papers. The interviewer at case said he has never seen the recommendation letters like mine before. I also have MPH degree. So how can they say that I was not good enough. Anyway I just thinks it's rediculous for me to pay them 35 dollars and be disrespected like that.If you're getting an interview anywhere, you're a "good enough" candidate. The rest is up to how well you fit with the school's program and mission, how you do during your interview, etc. Congrats on the Case interview, keep your head up and good luck. Focus on that.
Was this pre-interview?Ok out of all the schools I applied, I regret applying here the most! I didn't pay 35 dollars for them to tell me that I was not good enough candidate because of my damn mcat score. Talking about professionalism. Well guess what I just got interview at case and I think it went well. So I wonder if I am really not good enough candidate :/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks! I just though the message was rude. I have 7 years of research experience both clinical and basic science and have first author papers in PNAS, autophagy, AJP and 5 other co author papers. The interviewer at case said he has never seen the recommendation letters like mine before. I also have MPH degree. So how can they say that I was not good enough. Anyway I just thinks it's rediculous for me to pay them 35 dollars and be disrespected like that.
What did you pay $35 for, and how did they communicate this to you?
Post link!
Yes, can someone please post the link to the FB page? I can't find it either! Thanks!
if you are accepted please join the facebook group here:
https://www.facebook.com/groupinvit...tltc0efI8DOpVczPxiwQoH2KIg7tb3NpaPHbVD-gxHMrc
https://www.facebook.com/groupinvit...tltc0efI8DOpVczPxiwQoH2KIg7tb3NpaPHbVD-gxHMrc
https://www.facebook.com/groups/241390202691945/Yes, can someone please post the link to the FB page? I can't find it either! Thanks!
Hello, hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas.
Foe those of you who have been accepted,
I was just wondering, did you recieve a packet/information concerning housing, immunizations, etc. yet.
Thanks and have a wonderful New Year.
Foe those of you who have been accepted,
I was just wondering, did you recieve a packet/information concerning housing, immunizations, etc. yet.
Thanks and have a wonderful New Year.
5
582927
So far I've only gotten the letter of acceptance in the mail. I can't remember perfectly but I think it said those other things would be coming later.
Hello everyone!
Does anyone know if meharry accepts update letters pre interview? I have some new accomplishments since sending my application months ago?
Does anyone know if meharry accepts update letters pre interview? I have some new accomplishments since sending my application months ago?
Hello everyone!
Does anyone know if meharry accepts update letters pre interview? I have some new accomplishments since sending my application months ago?
I called and asked, they don't accept any updates.
Okay, thank youI called and asked, they don't accept any updates.
Just withdrew my acceptance hope it goes to one of you guys!
I think I find the immunization list on this website.
http://www.mmc.edu/prospectivestudents/student-services/student-health-svcs.html
http://www.mmc.edu/prospectivestudents/student-services/student-health-svcs.html
Anybody get a interview here recently???
I was complete end of September and received II today. Took about 14 weeks, so if you haven't heard back yet stay positive!
Same here. Complete 9/26 and got an II yesterday. Meharry is my top choice so I'm really excited!I was complete end of September and received II today. Took about 14 weeks, so if you haven't heard back yet stay positive!
just wanted to know from the people who withdrew their acceptance. who did you email and did you get a response email.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I responded to the acceptance email and of course gcane sent me an email to aknowledge my withdrawal.Thats all you need to do.just wanted to know from the people who withdrew their acceptance. who did you email and did you get a response email.
I responded to the acceptance email and of course gcane sent me an email to aknowledge my withdrawal.Thats all you need to do.
I sent the email to gcane and not the acceptance email. 2 weeks i did not hear anything back. So, I emailed Mr.Lee and got a response. thanks tho
Well, I'm glad it worked out eventually.I sent the email to gcane and not the acceptance email. 2 weeks i did not hear anything back. So, I emailed Mr.Lee and got a response. thanks tho
So, you're bitter about that rejection of yours? We all get disappointed after being rejected but that language is un-called for! I can see why you're rejected...your application probably looked like a$$ or you probably acted like an a$$ during your interview! Stop ranting and ask yourself why you were rejected. You could use some self-reflection than dismissing meharry!Rejected? Tell 'em to wipe "meh harry" a$$!
Interviewed Jan 13th; Result - Accepted
I'm ecstatic!
Congrats! How long did it take to get your invite after you were complete?
Interviewed Jan 13th; Result - Accepted
I'm ecstatic!
thats a quick turnaround. is that normal?
Anyone get an interview invite recently?
I got ii 1/25
I got ii 1/25
Congrats!! I got one too on 1/24. Interview is scheduled for Feb.
Last edited:
Anybody heard anything about the one year masters program at meharry? I think it's newer but it's by invite only.
Congrats! How long did it take to get your invite after you were complete?
Complete Sept 16th
Invite for Interview - Dec 9th
thats a quick turnaround. is that normal?
When I interviewed, my interviewer shared with me that it would be a quick turnaround.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II this morning. Complete late October
So far I've only gotten the letter of acceptance in the mail. I can't remember perfectly but I think it said those other things would be coming later.
Hey where did you stay before the interview? Hotel?
What month do interviews go until?
I think the last Monday in March