You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2013-2014 Northwestern University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Tier 1 w/l from pitt this morning makes me feel nervous about my chances here :/
Ahhhhh!!!!! TOP. I've never topped before!!!
Lol TOP is only for the class of 20XX threads unless you want to make it a thing for the school specific threads too.

Did anyone attend the reach out program? What do you do? Should I attend?
I did! It was very relaxed. They gave me the option of scheduling a dinner or coffee break with current LGBT and ally students - I opted for the coffee break since I was scheduling it so last minute. I met two students after my interview day was over in the office of diversity and they took me to Argo Tea. I was able to ask them questions and get more inside info on the school and their focus on diversity.
Also got an awesome bag of goodies and they paid for the tea/coffee! I would say go for it if you don't think you'll be completely exhausted after the whole interview day!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Haha yes, we're making this a thing.Lol TOP is only for the class of 20XX threads unless you want to make it a thing for the school specific threads too.![]()
Apologies for the first post. I've been a long time lurker taking advantage of dates from the forums, and figured I should start giving back. I'll put my (belated) updates in other school specific threads, hopefully to help future SDNers.
Northwestern: Complete: 9/6
II: 10/30
Interviewed: 1/10
Accepted: 2/3
Northwestern: Complete: 9/6
II: 10/30
Interviewed: 1/10
Accepted: 2/3
D
deleted589960
We interviewed on the same day. My decision was deferred...Apologies for the first post. I've been a long time lurker taking advantage of dates from the forums, and figured I should start giving back. I'll put my (belated) updates in other school specific threads, hopefully to help future SDNers.
Northwestern: Complete: 9/6
II: 10/30
Interviewed: 1/10
Accepted: 2/3
Deferred until March 🙁 interviewed on 12/11.
Congrats! Did you get an email or status update?Accepted today! Interviewed at the beginning of January
thanks!Congrats! Did you get an email or status update?
I heard by email! But I just checked and my status also has it as well.
Ah ok. Maybe they do it in a trickling stream instead of all at once (I hope).thanks!
I heard by email! But I just checked and my status also has it as well.
Good luck, hope you get some good news!Ah ok. Maybe they do it in a trickling stream instead of all at once (I hope).
deferred. 🙁 I love this school. 🙁 🙁 🙁
they will accept a bunch of people next month, so delete a few of those frowns!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can't wait!!!!! 🙁Last year Northwestern sent out an e-mail in mid-January rejecting everyone who hadn't been offered an II. I'm thinking that those of us without an II yet are about to face another historic wave of mutiliation
Unbelievable. Just got an II for next Monday!! Complete August 10, 3.95 39. First completed secondary, last interview invite. So totally shocked and excited. Now just have to brush off my interview skills and book a train to Chicago!
Unbelievable. Just got an II for next Monday!! Complete August 10, 3.95 39. First completed secondary, last interview invite. So totally shocked and excited. Now just have to brush off my interview skills and book a train to Chicago!
Congratulations! So I guess they have gone through all of the apps now and are doing the quick review of applications, filling up the remaining interview slots, before they do their mass rejection. At least that's my guess going off of last year.
Unbelievable. Just got an II for next Monday!! Complete August 10, 3.95 39. First completed secondary, last interview invite. So totally shocked and excited. Now just have to brush off my interview skills and book a train to Chicago!
Congrats! What date did you schedule your interview for??
Unbelievable. Just got an II for next Monday!! Complete August 10, 3.95 39. First completed secondary, last interview invite. So totally shocked and excited. Now just have to brush off my interview skills and book a train to Chicago!
Congrats! What date did you schedule your interview for??
Lol they said next Monday in the post you quoted
Lol they said next Monday in the post you quoted
Lol that's what happens when you don't read carefully
Same question here...Deferred until March - is it worth sending an update letter though they pretty much have all my info, maybe send in why I think it's a good fit (nw is my top choice)
I interviewed Dec 13 and got deferred until March. I'm also wondering if/when to send an LOI, both my parents went to nw for med school, I really wanna carry on that legacy, haha :/
Anyone else interviewed in Dec and not heard back at all?
been waiting since november here...
D
deleted589960
Based on your screen name, i'm about 80% sure that we interviewed in the same panel. my decision was also deferred. I think I'm going to send in an update because I don't think was clear enough during my individual interview.Deferred until March - is it worth sending an update letter though they pretty much have all my info, maybe send in why I think it's a good fit (nw is my top choice)
Last edited by a moderator:
what! no news at all? not even deferral?been waiting since november here...
.
How long until I receive my rejection?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well that's depressing. I really wish I could have had an opportunity to come out and interview here. Anyways, good luck to everyone to waiting to hear back!!PS: The admissions dean told us that this week was the last week for interviews.
Just as a curiosity, how many of you guys received a response to your "Thank you for your interview" emails??
I never received a reply. I guess it's nice if they reply, but I honestly wouldn't worry about it too much.
I never received a reply. I guess it's nice if they reply, but I honestly wouldn't worry about it too much.
I've only gotten a reply from people at Case. Nowhere else replies. One school actually told me not to send any it annoys them haha.
I've only gotten a reply from people at Case. Nowhere else replies. One school actually told me not to send any it annoys them haha.
That wasn't Peoria, was it?
Why do you ask? Did you?
no.
Just as a curiosity, how many of you guys received a response to your "Thank you for your interview" emails??
Are you talking about the "thank you emails" you send to your interviewers after the interview?
Yes, exactly.Are you talking about the "thank you emails" you send to your interviewers after the interview?
Out of four interviewers (1 individual, 3 panel interviewers) that I sent thank you emails to, I got response back from two of them.Yes, exactly.
March 1stAny mass rejections yet? when should we expect that to happen? :/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
posted on Wednesday:hey guys, does anyone know if Northwestern is still offering II?
thanks!
Just as a curiosity, how many of you guys received a response to your "Thank you for your interview" emails??
PS: The admissions dean told us that this week was the last week for interviews.
posted on Wednesday:
Thank you very much!
As another applicant, I think its pretty important. NU has a lot of group work, and I would think they want to make sure that you can do well in those situations (be cooperative, nice to the other people in your group, don't try to one-up other people). I was accepted in October, but after I interviewed, I felt like the least competitive person in my group. I think there is more weight because of some of the crazy questions they ask you as well.How important do you guys think that the interview is to NU?
Dang. 🙁posted on Wednesday:
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K