-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2013-2014 Northwestern University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Interview invite today!! First one of the season, so I couldn't be more excited! Complete 9/10.
Congrats!!
Is anyone else having trouble with the secondary website? When I type in my ID # and last name and press login, the page just refreshes.
Try a different browser. I had the same issue with IE, but it loads fine in Chrome.
II Today!
Complete: 08/19
Canadian applicant
Good luck everyone!
Complete: 08/19
Canadian applicant
Good luck everyone!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is it normal for a week to elapse without having received the secondary?
Is it normal for a week to elapse without having received the secondary?
Try checking your spam folder. That's where mine was sent initially.
II Today!
Complete: 08/19
Canadian applicant
Good luck everyone!
What were your stats
Try checking your spam folder. That's where mine was sent initially.
Thanks found it, and another secondary! I searched my e-mail, but I guess it doesn't search the spam folders.Will have to be more vigilant.
2
274631
Does anyone know how we would go about sending more LORs. They say on the website that you can send more after you get an II. Has anyone done it? Do I just assign them in AMCAS?
Does anyone know how we would go about sending more LORs. They say on the website that you can send more after you get an II. Has anyone done it? Do I just assign them in AMCAS?
Yes, just assign them on AMCAS
2
274631
Yes, just assign them on AMCAS
Thank you.
this thread's been awfully quiet. anyone excited about the approaching decision date for those interviewed early in the cycle? If I remember correctly, Dean Wallace said this year the decisions will come out earlier than previous years (between 10/15 an 11/1)!!!
this thread's been awfully quiet. anyone excited about the approaching decision date for those interviewed early in the cycle? If I remember correctly, Dean Wallace said this year the decisions will come out earlier than previous years (between 10/15 an 11/1)!!!
Really? I was expecting mid-November again. Well that's exciting. I interviewed on September 25, so hopefully that's still considered early

Really? I was expecting mid-November again. Well that's exciting. I interviewed on September 25, so hopefully that's still considered early![]()
Hrm I have a vague memory of Dean Wallace saying mid-November on our day but I could be totally wrong.
Really? I was expecting mid-November again. Well that's exciting. I interviewed on September 25, so hopefully that's still considered early![]()
Yeah I was there the 27th and he said to expect to hear back in appx 6 weeks...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Really? I was expecting mid-November again. Well that's exciting. I interviewed on September 25, so hopefully that's still considered early![]()
Hmm really? That's weird. I was there before you guys but only by one week. He originally said 10/15, but I wanted a clarification so I asked if we can expect to hear back on oct. 15th or Nov like the past, and he told my interview group that this year they are moving a little faster and will try to release it sometime between the 10/15 the 11/1.
Unless plans changed after my interview group. Haha
Wow. Just accepted via email. Was NOT expecting to hear anything so soon!
Can anyone give a little more information on what a "deferred decision" email is here. I've heard that it is very common for Northwestern and many (if not most) people get put on it. Does NW have a waitlist at this point? The email makes the chance of acceptances after this status seem favorable. Thanks!
Just got the "deferred until March decision."
Can't say I was surprised since most end up with that decision and I didn't exactly have my best interview of the cycle here (at least not amazing enough to warrant immediate acceptance). Probably going to send a massive update letter sometime to reaffirm how badly I want to go here haha.
Can't say I was surprised since most end up with that decision and I didn't exactly have my best interview of the cycle here (at least not amazing enough to warrant immediate acceptance). Probably going to send a massive update letter sometime to reaffirm how badly I want to go here haha.
Just got the "deferred until March decision."
Can't say I was surprised since most end up with that decision and I didn't exactly have my best interview of the cycle here (at least not amazing enough to warrant immediate acceptance). Probably going to send a massive update letter sometime to reaffirm how badly I want to go here haha.
Is this a common decision? I got this too and was quite disappointed 🙁 I'd thought the interview had gone fairly well (but of course it's always hard to tell)
Is this a common decision? I got this too and was quite disappointed 🙁 I'd thought the interview had gone fairly well (but of course it's always hard to tell)
IIRC from interview day, only a small percentage get accepted right away and most get the deferral. Then most from the deferral actually get accepted. That's why they said they're semi-rolling admissions.
ACCEPTED!
I was feeling really down today after not getting a call from Uchicago, and I was not expecting to hear anything from Northwestern anytime soon, so when I saw the email I started freaking out with happiness lol. I really loved this school when I interviewed here 😍
I was feeling really down today after not getting a call from Uchicago, and I was not expecting to hear anything from Northwestern anytime soon, so when I saw the email I started freaking out with happiness lol. I really loved this school when I interviewed here 😍.
Last edited:
So I only just recently sent my primary to Feinberg and got the secondary on Mon. I haven't had the chance to submit the supplemental app as of yet but this morning received an email encouraging me to complete my ''missing supplemental application" basically asap.
I read somewhere up here that Feinberg really prefers prompt submission of the secondary. Did anyone else receive this notice just 3 days later? I'm trying to figure out if its even worth it at this point.
Thanks!
I read somewhere up here that Feinberg really prefers prompt submission of the secondary. Did anyone else receive this notice just 3 days later? I'm trying to figure out if its even worth it at this point.
Thanks!
I didn't get this email (I definitely took longer than 3 days in August), but I wonder if it's because their primary deadline has passed and they are urging people to finish the supplemental app to try to wrap up the application process. Just a hypothesis though.
II this morning! I was complete August 27th. The dates left to choose from were in December and January.
II today! Complete late August.
Did you get an email from Feinberg explicitly mentioning the completion date? All I see is that your application is complete and under review on the website...
No, I never did.Did you get an email from Feinberg explicitly mentioning the completion date? All I see is that your application is complete and under review on the website...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did you get an email from Feinberg explicitly mentioning the completion date? All I see is that your application is complete and under review on the website...
I did, yes, it was a few days after I submitted. If you got it, you can't miss it, the subject line reads: YOUR APPLICATION AND FEE CONFIRMATION FOR THE FEINBERG SCHOOL OF MEDICINE
....September 3rd....getting close! 😕
I did, yes, it was a few days after I submitted. If you got it, you can't miss it, the subject line reads: YOUR APPLICATION AND FEE CONFIRMATION FOR THE FEINBERG SCHOOL OF MEDICINE
....September 3rd....getting close! 😕
Are you certain that Feinberg reviews apps in order of completion date.
hi everyone! does northwestern accept application updates?
What are your stats?II yesterday! Scheduled for Jan 6. (The earliest available at this point).
Submitted on 9-28.
36R, 3.9/3.9What are your stats?
Accepted on 10/31!!!! Interviewed 10/4
Does anyone know what the latest interview day that received Accept/Defer/Reject decisions yesterday was?
Accepted!! Got the email last night. Interviewed 10/11
has anyone added updates to their application/ is this even a possibility? 😵
II today! Complete early-mid October. Available dates are in early-mid January
II today! Complete early-mid October. Available dates are in early-mid January
If you don't mind sharing, what are your stats? I was complete around the same time...
3.8 gpa 36 mcat. Is mdapps back up yet, because more info is on there? I'm on mobile so I can't tell.If you don't mind sharing, what are your stats? I was complete around the same time...
3.8 gpa 36 mcat. Is mdapps back up yet, because more info is on there? I'm on mobile so I can't tell.
MD Apps is back up and running!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yup, just e-mail them: [email protected]has anyone added updates to their application/ is this even a possibility? 😵
I've sent them stuff, and they reply stating that it will be added to your application.
2
274631
I submitted mine before the interview day. I emailed then and they said that was fine.on the website it says "Once you receive an interview invitation, you are welcome to submit additional letters on interview day, by electronic submission or by mail to AMCAS."
So we are supposed to wait until our actual INTERVIEW DAY to submit our additional letters?
Does anybody know if NW has been giving out any post-interview rejections? Or has it all just been either accept/defer to march?
Does anybody know if NW has been giving out any post-interview rejections? Or has it all just been either accept/defer to march?
It has all been accept or defer to march. Don't think they will start sending out rejections until march.
It has all been accept or defer to march. Don't think they will start sending out rejections until march.
Yeah Feinberg doesn't send out too many post interview rejections and they won't come until March the same day deferred candidates find out whether they've been accepted, wait listed, or rejected.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K