2013-2014 The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats!! When were you complete? I was complete August 10th but still waiting for my II, if I am lucky enough to get one. I love this school.

July 5th, which I believe was the first possible day - so nothing to worry about! Good luck :thumbup::thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

That's fantastic - congrats. Complete 7/24 here so looks like there's at least a decent amount of waiting for me as they sort through all those other applications first.

II! I'm really surprised that they only have 3 dates posted to interview for the next 3 months.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anybody else get spammed with 8 secondary emails from Brown? :confused:

Little bit late, got my secondary turned in!

Hey everyone!

Just submitted my secondary today. Brown is my top choice!

Good luck to everyone applying!

How long after verification did it take you guys to receive the secondary? I have this one pre-written and I really want to submit, but it's one of the few that hasn't sent me a secondary yet! Verified 8/7.

How long after verification did it take you guys to receive the secondary? I have this one pre-written and I really want to submit, but it's one of the few that hasn't sent me a secondary yet! Verified 8/7.

I was verified 7/31 and received a secondary the same day

Hey guys, on the secondary,

It mentions if you have ever been convicted/pleaded no contest to a criminal misconduct?

Is that felonies or also misdemeanors?

Hey guys, on the secondary,

It mentions if you have ever been convicted/pleaded no contest to a criminal misconduct?

Is that felonies or also misdemeanors?
Felonies and misdemeanors; Med schools need to know if you have been convicted of a DUI, etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone having trouble logging in to check your status? I used safari and firefox on my mac and cleared cookies, but I still can't log in.

Anyone having trouble logging in to check your status? I used safari and firefox on my mac and cleared cookies, but I still can't log in.

Yeah I haven't been able to log in all day for some reason.

Yeah I haven't been able to log in all day for some reason.

Well, this is giving me some hope that the reason I haven't gotten a secondary yet is that they're having technical problems.....

I also was verified on 8/7 and yet to receive the secondary !

I noticed from the few people in this thread who posted the exact date they received the secondary, it was all Wednesdays. So maybe tomorrow?

Did you get a secondary? Over a week since verification and still nothing for me. I'm starting to wonder if it's worth giving them a call.

Did you get a secondary? Over a week since verification and still nothing for me. I'm starting to wonder if it's worth giving them a call.

I still have not received it as well.

I was also verified 8/7 and have not received the secondary. Did anyone call about this?

Anyone else getting invalid password error when trying to login to check their status?

I just tried logging in and it works, no error

How long does it take for the LORs to show up in the secondary? I just received the secondary today and submitted it, but it still says the LORs havent been received. They have been marked received on AMCAS for a while now, and I've completed many other secondaries.

Just wondering, because all of my other secondaries already had them as received when I first opened up the secondary app.

How long does it take for the LORs to show up in the secondary? I just received the secondary today and submitted it, but it still says the LORs havent been received. They have been marked received on AMCAS for a while now, and I've completed many other secondaries.

Just wondering, because all of my other secondaries already had them as received when I first opened up the secondary app.

My letters were marked as received 5 days after I added them to the school on AMCAS

I sent a quick email today and received my secondary shortly thereafter. Submitted! Very excited, Brown is one of my top choices.

Yep! Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure my chance of an interview at Brown is ~0.0001%, so I don't think it means anything/much. It just makes me want to go there even more! +pity+

Anyone else get a brochure via snail mail?

I did a few weeks ago. It was pretty exciting, until I remembered that I requested the brochure be sent to me on the secondary. Doesn't matter; got verification of my existance.

Got an interview. I can't friggin believe it. This totally made my day.
The thing I don't quite understand as I look at MSAR is that it seems Brown interviews a relatively small number of applicants (about 300). For an entering class of 120ish, I'm guessing they would be extending acceptances to about 200 people. Is their acceptance from the interview really that high?

The thing I don't quite understand as I look at MSAR is that it seems Brown interviews a relatively small number of applicants (about 300). For an entering class of 120ish, I'm guessing they would be extending acceptances to about 200 people. Is their acceptance from the interview really that high?

Congrats! When were you complete?

A lot of people in the class are from Brown combined BS/MD program, so much fewer than 120 interviewees matriculate. A current student can give you better info than I can, but that's the general explanation. Congrats on the II

There are approximately 65 seats available to students entering through the normal application system, so no, the interview acceptance rate isn't THAT high, but it is still pretty high.

Congratulations! When were you complete? I want an interview from Brown so badly...

There are approximately 65 seats available to students entering through the normal application system, so no, the interview acceptance rate isn't THAT high, but it is still pretty high.

Congratulations! When were you complete? I want an interview from Brown so badly...

About a month ago.

sent in primary about one week ago still waiting on secondary, have others who were in the same boat gotten one?

Edit: Recieved secondary five minutes after this post, haha.

Last edited:
They accept like 230 of 280. Pretty high.

About 50 out of those 230 are BS/MD kids at Brown, so for regular folk like us it's more like 170ish/300ish, which is still pretty high.

About 50 out of those 230 are BS/MD kids at Brown, so for regular folk like us it's more like 170ish/300ish, which is still pretty high.

From my understanding they're not included in the applicant pool at all. The PLME is completely separate. I think Brown just must have low yield.

From my understanding they're not included in the applicant pool at all. The PLME is completely separate. I think Brown just must have low yield.

I thought the MSAR says the acceptance number of 230 includes BS/MD students.

I thought the MSAR says the acceptance number of 230 includes BS/MD students.

This was discussed in last year's thread (and probably in every year's thread since Brown started accepting through the AMCAS route).

It is my understanding that the PLMEs are included in the 230 figure.

Either way, Brown accepts a fairly large portion of the students interviewed. And they interview very few. If you do receive an interview, know that Brown is already super interested in you. This should be a source of confidence. Be passionate and bring what you wrote in those essays to life.

Congrats and Good luck!