-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Brown (Alpert)
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
borrawin95
Full Member
Nope, ghosted.Has anyone IS received an R yet?? Complete 7/31 and silence.
Took the L here on tuesday, complete 9/8
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
excitedfuturedoc
Full Member
Hi everyone-- I just made an account today but wanted to contribute!!
At my interview at Brown on Friday 11/13/20, they gave us an exact date that we are supposed to hear back that we are accepted, waitlisted, or rejected (mine is December 21st).
They are the only school so far that has done that in my experience! So cool.
At my interview at Brown on Friday 11/13/20, they gave us an exact date that we are supposed to hear back that we are accepted, waitlisted, or rejected (mine is December 21st).
They are the only school so far that has done that in my experience! So cool.
Was at your interview day- eagerly awaiting news on Monday! Best of luck to you (& everyone else waiting)!!Hi everyone-- I just made an account today but wanted to contribute!!
At my interview at Brown on Friday 11/13/20, they gave us an exact date that we are supposed to hear back that we are accepted, waitlisted, or rejected (mine is December 21st).
They are the only school so far that has done that in my experience! So cool.
excitedfuturedoc
Full Member
Omg best of luck to you, too!! I hope they follow through with their promised date so we can both get A's from Brown as early Christmas gifts, hehe. 🥳😊😋🤩🙌🙏Was at your interview day- eagerly awaiting news on Monday! Best of luck to you (& everyone else waiting)!!
livthatsme
New Member
Here waiting for that 21st email 😬😬
livthatsme
New Member
Got that A! 👾
Got the A!
Last edited:
excitedfuturedoc
Full Member
Waitlisted.
squashedbananas
New Member
Got the A!
Any IIs ?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hopefully soon! Almost 5 months of silence over hereAny IIs ?
soccer123456789
LM: 74 | 1°:18 | 2°:17 | II:6 | WL:4 | A:3
WL :/ congrats tho to all the A's!
kljlkjd
Full Member
+1WL :/ congrats tho to all the A's!
+2 unfortunately
Does anyone think that sending an update letter/letter of interest has any weight for Brown at this point? I haven't received a pre-II R yet, but this was my reach school and I didn't think I even had the stats to compete, but I have great ECs. I really want to emphasize my interest in this program.
borrawin95
Full Member
Does anyone have information about post-ii interview acceptance rates? Thanks!
Idk anything except they’re way lower than the II tracker states (supposedly they’re around 30-50% post-II acceptance)
eltoroloco
Full Member
This is accurate. During interview they said about 30% post-II then up to about 50% with people coming off the WLIdk anything except they’re way lower than the II tracker states (supposedly they’re around 30-50% post-II acceptance)
anotherhotpremed
Full Member
II this morning!! I was wondering why Brown is ranked so low compared to other Ivy's
kljlkjd
Full Member
tbh I was troubled as well with its ranking. program directors rank it at number 31 compared to USNWR'S number 38. It's ranked after Colorado, Wisconsin,UT Southwestern (!)(!) (!),Iowa(!) ,UVA,NY LI.II this morning!! I was wondering why Brown is ranked so low compared to other Ivy's
Honestly v curious as to why it's ranked so low. (when I say low, I mean compared to the other ivies)
See ranking below:
( taken from Program Director's ranking thread)
Last edited:
Ranking is based on research money. Brown isn't exactly a research powerhouse when compared to the other Ivies, but either way the school itself is excellent.II this morning!! I was wondering why Brown is ranked so low compared to other Ivy's
kljlkjd
Full Member
USNWR'S ranking is based on research. imo USNWR'S ranking is pretty useless and dubious. but director rankings don't really care about research, and place it at #31Ranking is based on research money. Brown isn't exactly a research powerhouse when compared to the other Ivies, but either way the school itself is excellent.
My theory is that it's because its relatively new (1975) when most* schools in top 30 have been around for about 100 years but who really knowsUSNWR'S ranking is based on research. imo USNWR'S ranking is pretty useless and dubious. but director rankings don't really care about research, and place it at #31
Last edited:
II this morning!! I was wondering why Brown is ranked so low compared to other Ivy's
Because you are conflating undergrad reputation with medical school reputation, which is a factor of research and clinical opportunities. Unfortunately it is not a research powerhouse, and its clinical opportunities suffers from a lower ranked hospital system compared to the other top schools. I'm sure being in a small city does not help either. Lastly, it is as someone mentioned, its relatively young and also not flushed with cash like the other top schools. Great program like all other top 40 schools, but rankings do not care about undergrad reputation.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not true, UCLA was founded in 1951, Icahn 1963, ucsd 1968,My theory is that it's because its relatively new (1975) when every other school in top 30 has been around for about 100 years but who really knows
kljlkjd
Full Member
ChicagoBob is absolutely right. Brown does not even have its own hospital...and the hospitals seem a bit old and provincial-if that's ok to be said. The facilities are not even close to how good UCLA's,UCSD's and Mt.Sinai's are. Take for example Mt. Sinai. It has at least 4 full Mt.Sinai owned hospitals and countless locations in the city in which students rotate. Sadly, Brown has 0.
anotherhotpremed
Full Member
Thanks everyone for the clarification!
anotherhotpremed
Full Member
is UVA that good?
kljlkjd
Full Member
well...better than Brown according to Director Rankings and USNWR...but this is a discussion for another thread....is UVA that good?
eltoroloco
Full Member
Who cares? They match at incredible programs.USNWR'S ranking is based on research. imo USNWR'S ranking is pretty useless and dubious. but director rankings don't really care about research, and place it at #31
edit: also the PD score is 50% a research rating and 50% a primary care rating so this isn’t even an accurate statement.
Last edited:
anotherhotpremed
Full Member
bruh they were just answering my question, relax!Who cares? They match at incredible programs
anotherhotpremed
Full Member
Does Brown give need-based aid or merit-based aid?
McSteamy_Mark
Full Member
II!
borrawin95
Full Member
I can for sure say that they offer need-based aid (most generous I've heard is a friend getting 50k per year need-based but they might offer more).Does Brown give need-based aid or merit-based aid?
anotherhotpremed
Full Member
Thank you for answeringI can for sure say that they offer need-based aid (most generous I've heard is a friend getting 50k per year need-based but they might offer more).
Also Received an II this morning! Complete 8/12. Dates available in late January/early February. Hoping that I'm not interviewing for a spot on the WL lol.
That's so strange. Did they say they're interviewing more people this year? If they're only interviewing 366 like last year, it must be higher, no?This is accurate. During interview they said about 30% post-II then up to about 50% with people coming off the WL
That's so strange. Did they say they're interviewing more people this year? If they're only interviewing 366 like last year, it must be higher, no?
Like 40% of their class is already filled with Brown BA/MD people, so they can accept 50% of their interviewees and fill the rest of the spots.
And here I was thinking the admissions office was closed for the holidays. Time to panic, check email, question everything, repeat...Also Received an II this morning! Complete 8/12. Dates available in late January/early February. Hoping that I'm not interviewing for a spot on the WL lol.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
abcsunshine
Full Member
Does anyone know how we can find our Banner ID number?
mrmystery112358
Full Member
People that just recently got IIs, did you send an update?
anotherhotpremed
Full Member
I didn'tPeople that just recently got IIs, did you send an update?
nervouspremed123
New Member
Do you know if there are any chances of getting merit-based aid? Thanks!I can for sure say that they offer need-based aid (most generous I've heard is a friend getting 50k per year need-based but they might offer more).