2018-2019 Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
is brown receptive to pre-II updates?

Haha, I believe so. I just submitted one anyways once I got my II. During one of my interviews, I asked if they had received my update, and he said yes and reread it in front of me. It didn't sound like he was instructed not to take updates, so I believe they do.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Since AMS releases in waves, does anyone happen to know when the second wave will be released? (Interviewed late Nov 2018, and there was no mention about when we would hear back)

Members don't see this ad :)
Since AMS releases in waves, does anyone happen to know when the second wave will be released? (Interviewed late Nov 2018, and there was no mention about when we would hear back)
There should be another wave of decisions released on 12/21

Reactions: 1 user
Do you guys think that interview invitations are over ? And we should lose hope ?:)

Using last year's thread as a measuring stick: basically yes lol. Handful of IIs trickled in between this date and end of Jan, but most people got slayed in 3 or 4 mass R waves.

Just hoping death comes swiftly!

Using last year's thread as a measuring stick: basically yes lol. Handful of IIs trickled in between this date and end of Jan, but most people got slayed in 3 or 4 mass R waves.

Just hoping death comes swiftly!
Hahaha . Love your sense of humor !!!:)) honestly I hope that mass school rejections come before January 15th due to fafsa deadline

just got hit with that fresh R....best of luck to everyone still in the running!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the R, pre-II, LM 71, complete 8/8. Good luck to everyone still in the running!

Pre-II R today, complete early August. Pretty much knew this one was coming.. oh well

Also got that pre-II R, complete mid-August. Was expecting it tbh.

Good luck to those still in the running!

Jus got that sweet, sweet R. Pre-II, complete 9/25. Looks like they're rolling them out slowly.

Best of luck to all others!

Email from admissions after interview day in November

Was this an email sent to all interviewees post interview? I haven't received anything after mine. (Interviewed Nov 29)

Jus got that sweet, sweet R. Pre-II, complete 9/25. Looks like they're rolling them out slowly.

Best of luck to all others!

I was complete 9/26 and haven't heard anything. Maybe I'll be one of those getting the ax today.

Glad to see they're finally rolling out some decisions though. Best of luck to everyone still in the running here and elsewhere.

Complete 9/4 still waiting....hopefully I dont jinx myself :idea:

Axed. LM 72, complete 7/25. Endgame!

R's still coming in today? Or has the wave passed... (No jinx hopefully)

Reactions: 1 users
WHY am I still here w my sad lil LM 67 & mid-August complete date.

Reactions: 4 users
I was complete 9/26 and haven't heard anything. Maybe I'll be one of those getting the ax today.

Glad to see they're finally rolling out some decisions though. Best of luck to everyone still in the running here and elsewhere.

Called it. Got the Pre-II R this afternoon.

WHY am I still here w my sad lil LM 67 & mid-August complete date.
+1 similar LM , early sept complete date. I think they’ve actually read the applications of all the applicants who are being rejected right now. I doubt they’d ever get to ours with our LM- we’ll probably get auto rejected. That’s the sad bitter truth

+1 similar LM , early sept complete date. I think they’ve actually read the applications of all the applicants who are being rejected right now. I doubt they’d ever get to ours with our LM- we’ll probably get auto rejected. That’s the sad bitter truth
I don’t think it is true . I checked - last year the lowest Mcat score matriculated was 508 (510 out of state )and GPA- about 3.3 . I think they do read it . So with LM 67-68 you are in the range . The bottom of it - yes! But in the range according to the last year . So , maybe there is something in your app that caught there eye, or maybe they just haven’t gotten to you yet , and you’ll be rejected in the next wave . I am in the same boat .

I don’t think it is true . I checked - last year the lowest Mcat score matriculated was 508 (510 out of state )and GPA- about 3.3 . I think they do read it . So with LM 67-68 you are in the range . The bottom of it - yes! But in the range according to the last year . So , maybe there is something in your app that caught there eye, or maybe they just haven’t gotten to you yet , and you’ll be rejected in the next wave . I am in the same boat .
Same boat here too...althought my LM is a little higher (around 70), I was also complete in mid-September. I’d probably bet money on my app not being read yet...I’d be more optimistic if my stats were a lot higher and I hadn’t heard from them.

Same boat here too...althought my LM is a little higher (around 70), I was also complete in mid-September. I’d probably bet money on my app not being read yet...I’d be more optimistic if my stats were a lot higher and I hadn’t heard from them.
Well , all you can do is wait and hope for the best . I have LM 67, but I have some unusual things in my application . The way I look at it - (I might be wrong ) -schools look at particular things sort of. They either like you or they don’t . They might reject someone with higher stats because that person has something that they are not really looking for , but accept someone with lower stats (within the rough range ) if that person has something unusual that THEY want . So , there is no point of stressing out , you know ? It is like dating . They either like you or they don’t ;))))

So , there is no point of stressing out , you know ? It is like dating . They either like you or they don’t ;))))

Haha that's they way I view it too. If deep down you know you click with someone, and vice versa, then it was meant to be. Sometimes things are out of our control (i.e. if someone likes us). The best thing we can do is live our best life: true and authentically us. Then the right person/school will present themselves to us (of course, only those we apply to though).

Last edited:
II today! LM 84, complete late August. Mid-January interview dates available.

Reactions: 7 users
Silence since 09/03 when I was complete :/ ughhh this process

+1 to silence since early July....

Reactions: 1 users
II just now! Complete 7/30. LM 73. OOS but connections with Providence.

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone else on the waitlist receive a financial aid email today?