2021-2022 Brown (Alpert)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Completed 2º 7/27 - it's been radio silence since - starting to question if I even submitted my secondary correctly lol
TBF they only interview like 400 out of 10000 applicants so you are more likely to hear nothing than hear back

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does Brown give any merit based scholarships?

Members don't see this ad :)
Members don't see this ad :)
Admissions confirmed that today was the last interview date of the season.

Reactions: 3 users
for the people who got their post-II decisions, around what time of the day did you hear?

I interviewed last Thursday, I recall they mentioned decisions coming out on Monday, 2/21? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Is Brown having a second look date? And if so, when? If we can’t make the second look date or if it is online, is there any way we can still tour it in person?

Waitlisted, it's been a lot of bad news lately from schools so I'm pretty disappointed but I guess I'm just used to the disappointment now.

• Sad
  • Care
Reactions: 1 users
Waitlisted! Do we know when we might expect movement from the waitlist?

Edit: their website says most waitlist decisions come out around April 30, however, some may come out before then.

Last edited:
On the waitlist - hope to join y’all in the coming months, congrats to everyone who got accepted today!

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone know how to find our 'banner ID number' for finaid app?

Anyone know how to find our 'banner ID number' for finaid app?
Hello friend, I'm sure there's an easier way to do this, but I found it by doing the following:

Log onto self service --> Financial aid --> Medical school students --> Requirements --> On the top right hand side next to your name should be a series of characters that start with B. That's your banner ID number!

• Love
Hey everyone! Current 4th year student. Happy to answer any questions here or you can pm me!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
I was wondering if you have any information on when financial aid packages come out?

I was wondering if you have any information on when financial aid packages come out?
I got off the waitlist on May 21st and got financial aid info that same day. I believe my year packages started coming out starting May 2nd so because I was weeks after that when I was accepted, they had my financial aid package ready very quickly.

Speaking of finaid... how competitive are AMS packages? I see that their average need-based scholarship is ~$36k, but can't find much info on merit-based aid. Is it (un)common to get full tuition/COA?

Reactions: 2 users
Speaking of finaid... how competitive are AMS packages? I see that their average need-based scholarship is ~$36k, but can't find much info on merit-based aid. Is it (un)common to get full tuition/COA?
Definitely not my wheelhouse but that number seems pretty typical for those who qualify for aid

I thought I saw somewhere that it would be in April but I don't remember where I got this from! Could very well be my own imagination. I am imaginative.

Accepted post Waitlist. Interview in September, Waitlist in October, OOS, LM 78, WARS 102, ORM, Taurus, shaken not stirred

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Accepted post waitlist. Interviewed late November. The acceptance email went to my spam folder so make sure to check them!!!

• Love
Anyone know when Financial Aid comes out/if Brown does Merit aid? I am already verified with my aid (submitted months ago) just curious when I should know…

Anyone know when Financial Aid comes out/if Brown does Merit aid? I am already verified with my aid (submitted months ago) just curious when I should know…
Recent communication I have simply says aid notification 'later in April,' but unsure of timing (early/mid/late). With regards to merit aid, they have several sources for MD/PhD students (link), but they don't seem open to MD-only students. But if any AMS students could confirm, I would definitely appreciate!

Recent communication I have simply says aid notification 'later in April,' but unsure of timing (early/mid/late). With regards to merit aid, they have several sources for MD/PhD students (link), but they don't seem open to MD-only students. But if any AMS students could confirm, I would definitely appreciate!
I am MD only here! Thank you for sharing.