2021-2022 Brown (Alpert)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is Brown having a second look date? And if so, when? If we can’t make the second look date or if it is online, is there any way we can still tour it in person?
 
Waitlisted! Do we know when we might expect movement from the waitlist?

Edit: their website says most waitlist decisions come out around April 30, however, some may come out before then.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone know how to find our 'banner ID number' for finaid app?
Hello friend, I'm sure there's an easier way to do this, but I found it by doing the following:

Log onto self service --> Financial aid --> Medical school students --> Requirements --> On the top right hand side next to your name should be a series of characters that start with B. That's your banner ID number!
 
I was wondering if you have any information on when financial aid packages come out?
I got off the waitlist on May 21st and got financial aid info that same day. I believe my year packages started coming out starting May 2nd so because I was weeks after that when I was accepted, they had my financial aid package ready very quickly.
 
Speaking of finaid... how competitive are AMS packages? I see that their average need-based scholarship is ~$36k, but can't find much info on merit-based aid. Is it (un)common to get full tuition/COA?
Definitely not my wheelhouse but that number seems pretty typical for those who qualify for aid
 
I was wondering if you have any information on when financial aid packages come out?
I thought I saw somewhere that it would be in April but I don't remember where I got this from! Could very well be my own imagination. I am imaginative.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone know when Financial Aid comes out/if Brown does Merit aid? I am already verified with my aid (submitted months ago) just curious when I should know…
Recent communication I have simply says aid notification 'later in April,' but unsure of timing (early/mid/late). With regards to merit aid, they have several sources for MD/PhD students (link), but they don't seem open to MD-only students. But if any AMS students could confirm, I would definitely appreciate!
 
Recent communication I have simply says aid notification 'later in April,' but unsure of timing (early/mid/late). With regards to merit aid, they have several sources for MD/PhD students (link), but they don't seem open to MD-only students. But if any AMS students could confirm, I would definitely appreciate!
I am MD only here! Thank you for sharing.