2021-2022 Brown (Alpert)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
when will this end šŸ˜© I can't live like this

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the pre-II R so I guess theyā€™ve been sending them sporadically the past couple hours. complete mid July. Good luck to everyone!!! See ya Brown thread lol

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Jimmy Fallon Stop GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Let me add the Rā€™s, honestly surprised I made it this long without an R from them.

Let me add onto the list of Rā€™s. Honestly surprised I made it this long without an R from them.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Pre-II R, complete 7/22. Update letter sent 11/18 with speaking at national conference

Still silence for me, so weird, complete in July.

Pre-II R here as well this afternoon. Complete mid-August. LM ~74-75.

...bummer

• Care
pre-II R today around the same time as everyone else, complete early October :c

If you missed this pre-II R wave, it looks like they normally have two more (one around the 2nd week of Feb and one toward the end of Feb). It also look likes there is still a trickle of IIs until mid Feb (could vary though depending if it is more like last cycle or the years before)

Reactions: 4 users
If you missed this pre-II R wave, it looks like they normally have two more (one around the 2nd week of Feb and one toward the end of Feb). It also look likes there is still a trickle of IIs until mid Feb (could vary though depending if it is more like last cycle or the years before)
when I saw a notification for this thread come up I immediately thought the adcom was back at it, sending Rs left and right. It's good that there's still a chance for us that remain!

Reactions: 5 users
Somehow still afloat lol but not getting my hopes up

• Care
Just got an interview offer today, mildly surprised given it's January, but has anyone here completed an interview and have any insight? Also, my MSAR expired last week, does anyone know their interview % and matriculant #?

Just got an interview offer today, mildly surprised given it's January, but has anyone here completed an interview and have any insight? Also, my MSAR expired last week, does anyone know their interview % and matriculant #?
According to MSAR, they interviewed 375 applicants and matriculated 144. Of those who matriculated, 55 came from their baccalaureate/MD program, so that greatly reduces the number of seats for those interviewed.

My experience was the interview felt pretty laid back and a more true "get to know you" than anything high pressure. I interviewed earlier in the cycle so maybe this has changed, but I recall there not being an official lunch "break" where you would leave the Zoom sessions because the student Q&A and virtual tour happened during lunch time, and there wasn't a break before that. I ended up running to the kitchen to grab my lunch and bring it back (which is not difficult during a virtual day) but if you don't want to miss a minute I would suggest packing your lunch and having it next to you.

Still deafening silence :( no II, no R, this is just so taxing

Reactions: 10 users
Does anyone know how far out they are scheduling interviews?

I was waitlisted post-II. Does anyone happen to know the latest time that would helpful to update them?

I have two first author publications that I plan to submit in the coming weeks and would like to wait until I submit them to send my updates. At what point is waiting doing more harm than good? And/or when does the most movement off the waitlist normally occur?

According to MSAR, they interviewed 375 applicants and matriculated 144. Of those who matriculated, 55 came from their baccalaureate/MD program, so that greatly reduces the number of seats for those interviewed.
On interview day, they still expressed that they accept around 2/3 of those who interview, working out to a little over two acceptances for every one seat.

I was waitlisted post-II. Does anyone happen to know the latest time that would helpful to update them?

I have two first author publications that I plan to submit in the coming weeks and would like to wait until I submit them to send my updates. At what point is waiting doing more harm than good? And/or when does the most movement off the waitlist normally occur?
Wondering the same question - submitted a combined update and letter of interest today. Wondering how receptive they are to these

Does anyone have any idea how many people are waitlisted and how many are typically accepted off the waitlist?

Does anyone have any idea how many people are waitlisted and how many are typically accepted off the waitlist?
At interview day they said in total they will accept a third initially, WL a little over a half initially and reject the rest. They end up accepting around 2/3 of all interviewees.

Those are pretty good numbers, right? .33/.5 = 66% Acceptance off the WL, unless I'm doing my math wrong
Yes, it was reiterated to me multiple times during interview day by adcom and current students that a LARGE portion of students come from the WL. WL is a very common post-II decision, especially for folks who interviewed early.

Interviewed on their second interview day I think? Any idea when WL movement starts happening?
We got a LONG time to go.

05/05 was first reported WL --> A based on 2019-2020 thread.
05/04 was first reported WL --> A based on 2020-2021 thread.

We got a LONG time to go.

05/05 was first reported WL --> A based on 2019-2020 thread.
05/04 was first reported WL --> A based on 2020-2021 thread.
LOL I am going to withdraw in April if I havenā€™t heard anything. They are great, but not ā€œI am deciding where I am going 6 weeks before classes startā€ worth it.

Edit: Damn this is a privileged statement. Ignore me, they really are a great school. Only MD only who I have sent an LOI to.

honestly not super courteous of them to WL 2/3 of people and keep us waiting THAT long. this is a huge decision!

honestly not super courteous of them to WL 2/3 of people and keep us waiting THAT long. this is a huge decision!
I almost wish that the admissions cycle could be shortened across all MD schools (tho I get it takes a long time to get through 10,000 apps). Gives us all some time to plan out the future, where we're gonna live, etc. Most WL movement can't really happen until after the Commit to Enroll date, which is 04/30.

Reactions: 3 users
I almost wish that the admissions cycle could be shortened across all MD schools (tho I get it takes a long time to get through 10,000 apps). Gives us all some time to plan out the future, where we're gonna live, etc. Most WL movement can't really happen until after the Commit to Enroll date, which is 04/30.
The whole med school admissions process needs to be revamped tbh lmao. For starters, being ghosted by schools for > 6 months should be illegal šŸ˜©

Reactions: 3 users
Completed 2Āŗ 7/27 - it's been radio silence since - starting to question if I even submitted my secondary correctly lol