2013-2014 Uniformed Services University of the Health Science Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
nothing but the shatter of a bunch of USUHS hopeful's spirits, I emailed Dr. Saguil a week or so ago and he said they had zero movement for the previous weeks

Members don't see this ad.

nothing but the shatter of a bunch of USUHS hopeful's spirits, I emailed Dr. Saguil a week or so ago and he said they had zero movement for the previous weeks
Zero movement?! That's terrifying.. Hopefully that changes soon, but I think I'll assume the worst and focus on getting in the next cycle.

Members don't see this ad :)
Zero movement?! That's terrifying.. Hopefully that changes soon, but I think I'll assume the worst and focus on getting in the next cycle.
Given how my other waitlists are either not moving or moving extremely slowly, guess I'll be in the same boat.

I really liked USUHS, and given how quickly the waitlist had moved in years past, I thought I had a good chance of getting off. Guess not this year. :(

Thanks for the update bolthead. There is comfort knowing I'm not alone on this waitlist thing.

Man, we must have applied during the worst application cycles in history. Soooo many more people applying now. I had two friends who applied a few years ago (one just finished his 4th year, and another is starting his 3rd) and they got into good schools with 22 MCATs (!!!!) & okay grades. Both had good ECs, but nothing that was mind-blowing (and much LESS accomplished then mine). I have a 30 MCAT, 3.7 sGPA, lots of EC's, and several research publications... but no acceptances.

Good luck with the next cycle y'all. It'd be cool to see everyone at USUHS next year.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for the update bolthead. There is comfort knowing I'm not alone on this waitlist thing.

Man, we must have applied during the worst application cycles in history. Soooo many more people applying now. I had two friends who applied a few years ago (one just finished his 4th year, and another is starting his 3rd) and they got into good schools with 22 MCATs (!!!!) & okay grades. Both had good ECs, but nothing that was mind-blowing (and much LESS accomplished then mine). I have a 30 MCAT, 3.7 sGPA, lots of EC's, and several research publications... but no acceptances.

Good luck with the next cycle y'all. It'd be cool to see everyone at USUHS next year.
I agree, I am still optimistic about getting in somewhere, similar numbers to yours, 29 MCAT, 3.7 GPA, worked to fund my own college, research exp (no publications tho, just a volunteer) and shadowing and volunteer work. I took the MCAT July 26th and wasn't complete until September at most schools, so I'm hoping I'll be at an advantage this time around as an early (AMCAS submitted June 12th) applicant. Gotta stay positive!!

I agree, I am still optimistic about getting in somewhere, similar numbers to yours, 29 MCAT, 3.7 GPA, worked to fund my own college, research exp (no publications tho, just a volunteer) and shadowing and volunteer work. I took the MCAT July 26th and wasn't complete until September at most schools, so I'm hoping I'll be at an advantage this time around as an early (AMCAS submitted June 12th) applicant. Gotta stay positive!!

Oh ya, getting that application in earlier is much the advantage. I took the MCAT in September during my first application, and I didn't do any secondaries until I got my scores, so my apps were complete shortly before the deadline. I saw a big difference getting interviews and such this last application compared to the first, and my last application was still a couple months late (trouble getting transcripts).

Your numbers and extras sound great. With your early submission (assuming you get the secondaries turned around quickly), your application should be very competitive.

Good luck this year bolthead!

Oh ya, getting that application in earlier is much the advantage. I took the MCAT in September during my first application, and I didn't do any secondaries until I got my scores, so my apps were complete shortly before the deadline. I saw a big difference getting interviews and such this last application compared to the first, and my last application was still a couple months late (trouble getting transcripts).

Your numbers and extras sound great. With your early submission (assuming you get the secondaries turned around quickly), your application should be very competitive.

Good luck this year bolthead!
I very much so appreciate your positive energy and input, we can do it, and there is a path for all of us!!