2013-2014 University of Colorado Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
WAITING INTENSIFIES

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know the best way to give CU alternate contact information? I am leaving the country for x5 week starting this Thursday and want to give them my dads phone number incase I get off the wait list. I left a message at the admissions office but they haven't gotten back to me. Should I even be going through them or should I go through AMCAS instead? Any insight is appreciated!

Does anyone know the best way to give CU alternate contact information? I am leaving the country for x5 week starting this Thursday and want to give them my dads phone number incase I get off the wait list. I left a message at the admissions office but they haven't gotten back to me. Should I even be going through them or should I go through AMCAS instead? Any insight is appreciated!

I believe I read that they always take updated contact info straight from AMCAS. I would bet that is the best way to do it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Submitted my contract and residency form nearly two weeks ago. Scanned and sent to Mercedes Golden. No confirmation response and still no add to the FB page. Anyone receive confirmations upon submission of their paperwork?

Also, how long post-acceptance till we hear about our FAFSA award? I filed my taxes in January and submitted FAFSA in February. But I was only accepted about 2 weeks ago.

Will you still have internet access? Is your contact number your cell phone? I would suggest that you just set your current voice mail box to Google voice. Then if you get any voice mails while you're abroad you will be notified immediately on gmail and you can listen to the recording as well as be given a transcript with the number that called. If you view the messages earlier in the thread, they always leave at least a VM.

Here's a link to set up...
https://support.google.com/voice/answer/165656?hl=en

You can also deactivate this service once you return. It might give you better peace of mind instead of worrying if CU has your updated info. Enjoy your travels!

Financial aid info takes a lonnng time and is a separate office from admissions. There are students who have not heard even after 2-3 months of acceptance.

The FB add depends on when the office of admissions sends the group moderators the updated list of accepted students.

Hope that answers some of your questions!

Submitted my contract and residency form nearly two weeks ago. Scanned and sent to Mercedes Golden. No confirmation response and still no add to the FB page. Anyone receive confirmations upon submission of their paperwork?

Also, how long post-acceptance till we hear about our FAFSA award? I filed my taxes in January and submitted FAFSA in February. But I was only accepted about 2 weeks ago.

If last year's timeline is an indication (and it probably isn't really ;)) then I figure us wait listed people can be slightly hopeful for another three weeks or so. It has been a tough process. Does anyone know if we can speak to an admission's officer to get feedback on our application, and how we can improve it for another cycle?

Reactions: 1 user
Financial aid info takes a lonnng time and is a separate office from admissions. There are students who have not heard even after 2-3 months of acceptance.

The FB add depends on when the office of admissions sends the group moderators the updated list of accepted students.

Hope that answers some of your questions!

Thanks! I emailed the Fin Aid department in an attempt to expedite/better understand the process and they asked for my SSN and my student ID number. Not sure what my student ID number is, but I'm thinking it is the same as my AMCAS ID#?

Thanks! I emailed the Fin Aid department in an attempt to expedite/better understand the process and they asked for my SSN and my student ID number. Not sure what my student ID number is, but I'm thinking it is the same as my AMCAS ID#?

Calling the financial aid office will yield optimal results.

Your student ID is not your AMCAS ID#. It's the one they give you as a student in the SOM and is how the financial aid office processes your FAFSA. I was only informed of my student ID# after I called the financial aid office. Nobody else had it.

For confirmation of received paperwork (residency status, etc) for the school of medicine, calling once again is the fastest way to get a response.

Can you let us know when they allow you to join the facebook group? Thanks in advance

I was on the waitlist last year and was not officially rejected until August 27th. This was after sending a couple of updates. Applicants who are on the waitlist are probably better off forgetting about the waitlist and going on with their lives. Now until late August is a long time to agonize.

I just got an offer from UColorado medicine. Just came here to give you guys a heads up. (6/3/2014, like 5:00pm central time ish) Good news to u guys I turned it down. So best of luck!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I was on the waitlist last year and was not officially rejected until August 27th. This was after sending a couple of updates. Applicants who are on the waitlist are probably better off forgetting about the waitlist and going on with their lives. Now until late August is a long time to agonize.

Were you on the high waitlist or low waitlist, if you don't mind my asking.

Calling the financial aid office will yield optimal results.

Your student ID is not your AMCAS ID#. It's the one they give you as a student in the SOM and is how the financial aid office processes your FAFSA. I was only informed of my student ID# after I called the financial aid office. Nobody else had it.

For confirmation of received paperwork (residency status, etc) for the school of medicine, calling once again is the fastest way to get a response.

Gotchya. I made some calls yesterday regarding discount codes for a qbank subscription and left messages (no response yet). I guess I shall do the same for financial aid and confirmation of received paperwork. Thanks for responding!

Can you let us know when they allow you to join the facebook group? Thanks in advance

Yah, sure I'd be happy to let you know.

I was accepted in March and have not been added.

Wow. Wow. Wow. That is a really big bummer. I was gonna use it for purposes of carpooling, housing, study partners. I guess I'll just have to resort to the old-fashioned way and actually talk to you people in person. Haha but seriously...March and no add? That is a little worrisome.

Called student affairs. No qbank discount codes offered through this school. Oh well.

Called Financial Aid. FAFSA award packages to be sent out sometime mid to late June.

Called admissions. Verbal confirmation of receipt of contract + residency form. Indicated that student ID numbers should be sent out with financial aid packages.

Reactions: 1 users
I got in off the wait list on 6/3. Keep the faith, it happens.

Reactions: 2 users
My apologies, I don't have enough information to answer your question.

hello friends. i just got a call from Dr. Grenardo. Accepted. OOS, 3.68, 35.

to all those waiting: good luck team. i'm rooting for ya.

Reactions: 1 users
Due to personal circumstances, I could only apply to Colorado so it was Denver or bust!

Reactions: 3 users
Congratulations! Looks like you will need a new song to humm during the day

yea i'm accepting the offer because i have no other offers. therefore, this is the best offer. it's also the worst offer.

Really hope there are more acceptances to come today

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted via phone today. IS, 3.33, 37

I've never been so relieved in my life! I was waitlisted last year too, and was working on my 2015 primary when the phone rang. First thing I did when I got off the phone was log out of AMCAS.

Reactions: 7 users
[QUOTE="Fitty, post: 15362442, member: 413009well? Accepted via phone today. IS, 3.33, 37

I've never been so relieved in my life! I was waitlisted last year too, and was working on my 2015 primary when the phone rang. First thing I did when I got off the phone was log out of AMCAS.[/QUOTE]
Were you on the "high" waitlist last year as we

Not to bring up a bad memory, but last year when did they reject you/other people on the wait list? Also, may I ask if you are IS or OOS? & lastly... Congratulations!!! I truly hope I will be able to ex out the AMCAS application for good in the near future also.

Not to bring up a bad memory, but last year when did they reject you/other people on the wait list? Also, may I ask if you are IS or OOS? & lastly... Congratulations!!! I truly hope I will be able to ex out the AMCAS application for good in the near future also.

I hope you can too. I feel your pain. I'm in-state, and I got rejected last year on August 27th.

Accepted via phone today. IS, 3.33, 37

I've never been so relieved in my life! I was waitlisted last year too, and was working on my 2015 primary when the phone rang. First thing I did when I got off the phone was log out of AMCAS.

what do you think the difference was between last year and this year in your app or interview, that ultimately got you accepted this year?

what do you think the difference was between last year and this year in your app or interview, that ultimately got you accepted this year?

My guess is that my improved patient contact hours made the biggest difference. I had nil last cycle - just a few hours of pretty low-quality volunteering. This cycle I had 1700 hours as a CNA. I also interviewed better. First cycle, I would grade my two interviews D and B. Second cycle I'd say B and A.

Other upgrades included 160 hours of lab-intensive research and 36 more semester-hours of upper-division science with straight As (I have a boatload of undergrad credit, so that only raised my GPA from 3.24 to 3.33).

I also decided to report that I was an Eagle Scout this time around. I'd previously considered it irrelevant, since it was in high school (plus it's not an impressive accomplishment in my book), but on interview day last cycle, they were proudly listing the accolades of their students, and the speaker said, among other things "We have Eagle Scouts among our students...." So, I thought, if they think it's that cool, I'll tell them about it next time.

Last week did all the high alternates get the same letter that the class for 2018 is full, but that there is possibly still "some chance" for this year?

Mail. Must just be taking a little while to get to you....

Last week did all the high alternates get the same letter that the class for 2018 is full, but that there is possibly still "some chance" for this year?
In-state (CO) here, I have not received this. Is it different than the one we received a month or so ago?

It is, but only slightly. I cannot help but get my hopes up. Although, it is completely dependent on a spot in the class opening up, and maybe other recipients of the letter aren't on SDN or writing in.

Wish we were still seeing some movement here... Still hoping for one of those last few week acceptances! Despite having to lose a deposit and lease.