2014-2015 Albany Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Withdrew as well. Hope this goes downstream.

Perhaps @DoctorLacrosse will hear something soon. My fingers are crossed.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Expecting some movement this week, good luck everyone in the run!!!

Will Albany accept update letters after April 30 (aside from grade and course work update)?

It's April 30th people!!! It is here. the day has come. This is the day that the Lord has made, let's rejoice and be glad in it. NO day Like today. Yesterday is history, tomorrow is mystery, today is a gift: that's why is called the present!!!!

It's April 30th people!!! It is here. the day has come. This is the day that the Lord has made, let's rejoice and be glad in it. NO day Like today. Yesterday is history, tomorrow is mystery, today is a gift: that's why is called the present!!!!
Good luck! See you on the other side =D

Their aid to me sucked, frankly. I got more money from Jeff that included a scholarship, institutional loans, etc.
I got a VERY generous scholarship from another school and emailed albany to see if they could give me anything, and they came back with a michael corleone in godfather part II offer. welp

Reactions: 1 user
I got a VERY generous scholarship from another school and emailed albany to see if they could give me anything, and they came back with a michael corleone in godfather part II offer. welp

Yeah, albany seems to have really shallow pockets esp for how much they charge and how low costs are in Albany...

Such a bummer. It's a good school and would likely do better if it could attract students that way.

Members don't see this ad :)
can't stop checking my email every 2 seconds :poke:+pissed+:flame::whoa::help::banana::beat:

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted but withdrawing. Good luck the the entering class.

Reactions: 1 users
I just got the alternate list email. If anyone else gets it, the link to respond to the AL doesn't work until after 5pm. (I was dumb and immediately tried to open the link and couldn't understand why it wasn't working haha)

I just got the alternate list email. If anyone else gets it, the link to respond to the AL doesn't work until after 5pm. (I was dumb and immediately tried to open the link and couldn't understand why it wasn't working haha)
do you know if they send out the alternate email in batches? also I read from last year's forum that if you're on the alternate list, there's a higher chance of getting accepted?

do you know if they send out the alternate email in batches? also I read from last year's forum that if you're on the alternate list, there's a higher chance of getting accepted?
I read through part of last years' thread and it looked like they sent out the AL emails in batches. Based on comments from last years' thread, I think about 50% of the UC list gets rejected at this point, then the top ~50% gets accepted or moved to the alternate list (which is AMC's name for their wait list).

I just received the AR email also. Albany has THE most confusing admissions system ever. What is the difference between under consideration and alternate? I was under the impression that they would fill the class before making an alternate list but email says as of today seats are still open so I guess I was mistaken about that.

I read through part of last years' thread and it looked like they sent out the AL emails in batches. Based on comments from last years' thread, I think about 50% of the UC list gets rejected at this point, then the top ~50% gets accepted or moved to the alternate list (which is AMC's name for their wait list).
so if you haven't gotten a rejection by now, you're still in the running? just want to confirm, feel a little relieved haha

so if you haven't gotten a rejection by now, you're still in the running? just want to confirm, feel a little relieved haha
It seemed like they did waves of acceptances/rejections/alternate list notifications around this time last year, which means that if you haven't heard anything you can expect one of those three responses...

Also got the alternate list. Sounds like they will pull from the alternate list to fill up the rest of the spots once they form the list later today. Fingers crossed!!

Panicked and thought I got in when I saw the email from AMC in my inbox. To my disappointment, it was an email for the AL. It's gonna be a long summer. Good luck to all SDNers in the same boat!

In addition to the COA, can anyone chime in on their financial aid? From what I've seen thus far, there's virtually nothing but loans coming out of AMC?
i got a huge merit scholarship from another school, and contacted AMC last week to try to get them to give me something to narrow that gap, and was told that they don't give out merit aid and that their need-based aid is very limited

the good news is: there's movement. The bad news is: I have not heard anything.
It also helps those still in the waiting than there seems to be a lot of people withdrawing, either for the lack of FinAid, better spots in other schools or just got tired of waiting for Albany.

Any rejections from the UC list? I am scared.

Also, can the people placed on AL share stats and Interview date?

I plan on withdrawing later today. I was offered a spot on the alternate list so I'm not sure how much help me withdrawing is but I hope it can help someone still waiting on that first acceptance!

I got the alternate list email also. I'm kind of taking it as a good thing at this point so I will definitely be staying on it. HOPE I GET IN!

Question: did anyone receive confirmation email after submitting the alternate list form? I submitted but when I go back to it, I can edit/submit again.

Question: did anyone receive confirmation email after submitting the alternate list form? I submitted but when I go back to it, I can edit/submit again.
Was wondering the same thing - got no confirmation email either. I submitted it twice just in case but now I'm just trusting the "Your form has been submitted successfully" notice after you click the "submit" button

Was wondering the same thing - got no confirmation email either. I submitted it twice just in case but now I'm just trusting the "Your form has been submitted successfully" notice after you click the "submit" button
Yeah, weird. I submitted multiple times, but it always just takes me back to menu.

AL email this afternoon! Hoping for some good news soon!

Yeah, weird. I submitted multiple times, but it always just takes me back to menu.

I believe that's it. you fill it out, submit it, and then it says "your form has been successfully submitted" and that's it. I trust that the confirmation is good enough, I hope lol

wait they interviewed over 800 people for 143 spots the email says. what the eff why would they interview so many thats horrible

wait they interviewed over 800 people for 143 spots the email says. what the eff why would they interview so many thats horrible
don't they accept more than 143 since not everyone who gets accepted will matriculate? I feel that's the logical thing to do.

Fortunately/unfortunately -- depending on how you look at it -- that's basically average for med schools (interviewing ~10% of applicants).

Fortunately/unfortunately -- depending on how you look at it -- that's basically average for med schools (interviewing ~10% of applicants).

Oh, is that the average? Some of the other schools I interviewed at were much more selective pre-interview but once you interviewed you had a much higher shot of being accepted. Either way doesn't matter... I hope you all still waiting on that first acceptance get in!!

Rejected just now. Interviewed exactly 8 MONTHS ago 9/5/2014

Edit for posterity:
Secondary Received: 7/23/2014
Secondary Submitted: 7/23/2014
Marked Complete: 8/4/2014
Interview Invite: 8/12/2014
Interview: 9/5/2014
"Under Consideration" email received: 11/10/2014
Rejected: 5/5/2015

Last edited:
got rejected too =( this cycle just didn't work out for me....

Just withdrew my acceptance, hope one of you takes my spot :]!

Called this morning, they are still finalizing WL and will start accepting next week. Enjoy your weekend!

Reactions: 3 users
Called this morning, they are still finalizing WL and will start accepting next week. Enjoy your weekend!
Thanks! Did they happen to mention how big they're making the WL this year? I heard from last year's thread, it was like 400 or something