You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Boston University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Not all people who are accepted get called/emailed some people just have to wait for the portal update so we may still be in the running
Not all people who are accepted get called/emailed some people just have to wait for the portal update so we may still be in the running
Is there a set time the portal update is supposed to happen?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just called and the admissions office informed me that they do not have a set date, but it should happen within the next few days...Is there a set time the portal update is supposed to happen?
For those who have been accepted today, did your interviewer mention when official emails would go out?
My interviewer was Dr Witzburg, for those who asked! And he said that emails would go out tomorrow (I think he said late afternoon), so everyone, regardless of interviewer, should know by then.
And for those who asked, my status has not changed on the portal
This is what was said yesterday!
I'd almost be happy with a deferral email at this point, this is grueling.
I work just across the street from the med school and I'm fighting the urge to run over to the admissions office right now and get down on my knees to beg for a response.
Just got an email from Dr. Davies --- ACCEPTED! WOOHOO!
Awesome! congrats! Did she send a personalized email? Silly question I know, but I'm sitting here over thinking whether my BU ship has sailed.
Does anyone else keep "hearing" phantom vibrations from their phones?
Only every other minuteDoes anyone else keep "hearing" phantom vibrations from their phones?
Just got an email from Dr. Davies --- ACCEPTED! WOOHOO!
+1
Awesome! congrats! Did she send a personalized email? Silly question I know, but I'm sitting here over thinking whether my BU ship has sailed.
Thanks! Yes, she sent the email herself yet it seemed like a general acceptance email. Dont give up hope yet, I think the emails go out for a few days!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well, I don't know what the cut-off for late afternoon is...Dr. Witzburg told someone all e-mails would go out today late afternoon. In my book it's 5 p.m. No official e-mails, no portal changes yet. No one on SDN had my interviewer. I've been refreshing my portal every two minutes for the last hour. I am going to try to walk away from my laptop. I'm a nervous wreck.
They will have weekly website maintenance from 7pm to 2am today. The MyApp homepage says so...
Couldn't resist stopping by the admissions office on my way home just now...the door was locked and the place looked empty. Hope this doesn't mean we're in for the longest weekend of our lives 🙁
Couldn't resist stopping by the admissions office on my way home just now...the door was locked and the place looked empty. Hope this doesn't mean we're in for the longest weekend of our lives
Oh no 🙁
Oh no 🙁
The person who does the announcements can easily send the email from home/another office though. they could be doing it pretty much anywhere else.
The person who does the announcements can easily send the email from home/another office though. they could be doing it pretty much anywhere else.
to add to that, during the 2013 cycle, people found out they were "deferred" on a saturday... and I am guessing that was via status change (or generic email from admissions). I highly doubt they got a personal... hey you've been deferred! better luck next time! 😏
let the waiting continue....

Was this after or before general acceptance emails were sent?to add to that, during the 2013 cycle, people found out they were "deferred" on a saturday... and I am guessing that was via status change (or generic email from admissions). I highly doubt they got a personal... hey you've been deferred! better luck next time! 😏
let the waiting continue....![]()
Was this after or before general acceptance emails were sent?
i looked at the thread again and it appears that people also got accepted and rejected on that saturday... via a "status email" as one person called it... I am guessing that is the general acceptance that you are referring to?
Yes thank you!i looked at the thread again and it appears that people also got accepted and rejected on that saturday... via a "status email" as one person called it... I am guessing that is the general acceptance that you are referring to?
Official or from interviewer?Just got the email!
I got an official e-mail. It was from the medams email through which other notifications are sent.Official or from interviewer?
Deferral of Final Disposition to March.
I hate waiting so much.
*edit. Nvm just got the MEDADMS email
I hate waiting so much.
*edit. Nvm just got the MEDADMS email
and.....I...am... deferred!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Deferred! Email sent out 10pm
Interview early Nov
Interview early Nov
Officially deferred!! So glad to not be rejected. This place is a reach for me so I'm happy to still be in the game 😀 congrats to all those with acceptances the last couple of days though
I'd like to know that too.Deferred with LizzyM ~75.
Does anyone know what % of deffered applicants get acceptances?
Deferred... But at least no rejection after a week of obsessive forum/email/portal checking....
Deferred until March.
Defferred until March as well! Anyone know when in March we should be looking forward to?
Accepted via email for MD/PhD tonight. I don't know if I missed the call (we were driving out to a competition and had poor reception), or if I never got one. Congrats to everyone else accepted, and best of luck to those still waiting!
Deferred as well. Interviewed early October. Been a long wait but better than a rejection! 😀
Did anyone else notice how ridiculously scripted and fake the Dean's enthusiasm was during interview day? He sounded like a total used car salesman.
Did anyone else notice how ridiculously scripted and fake the Dean's enthusiasm was during interview day? He sounded like a total used car salesman.
I thought he sounded like a very earnest, enthusiastic, albeit eccentric, man who loves his job and the institution of which he is a part.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone else notice how ridiculously scripted and fake the Dean's enthusiasm was during interview day? He sounded like a total used car salesman.
someone's bitterrrrrrr
Received an II here a few days ago!
Sorry if this has been asked before but does BU release decisions in waves? I assume from all the March references that the next one will be then?
Sorry if this has been asked before but does BU release decisions in waves? I assume from all the March references that the next one will be then?
Received an II here a few days ago!
Sorry if this has been asked before but does BU release decisions in waves? I assume from all the March references that the next one will be then?
Yep! About a third of the acceptances are given out in January, and two thirds at the end of March
And congrats on the II!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K