-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Boston University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/322523611280772/is there a facebook group for accepted students?
hey all!
I plan to write and sent an update/letter of intent this week (post-interview, deferred in Jan). Does anyone have any idea if they have started reviewing us pre-jan interviewees yet? Is there a chance that they have already looked at some of our apps?
I will be calling on Monday to find out, but thought I'd ask here just in case. 🙂
Hi, did you ever find out? Starting to think I should get it in soon...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, did you ever find out? Starting to think I should get it in soon...
Uhhhh I'd get it in ASAP. They could release final decisions as early as next week (very unlikely, but still possible). It wouldn't surprise me if they already made decisions on some of the applications.
I sent in a 2nd letter of interest last night. Found out I got an award/scholarship this morning. Should I write another letter about this? I would hate to send letter after letter, but I believe this update is important! What do you all think?
Usually I'd tell you to wait a little while but it's almost decision time so I say send it in (provided you truly believe that this is very important and will impress them). If you aren't accepted (of course, I hope that you are) you don't want to have regrets and think that you should've sent it in, right? 🙂I sent in a 2nd letter of interest last night. Found out I got an award/scholarship this morning. Should I write another letter about this? I would hate to send letter after letter, but I believe this update is important! What do you all think?
verry nice...thanks
I sure hope it's friday!either friday or next week
I sent in a 2nd letter of interest last night. Found out I got an award/scholarship this morning. Should I write another letter about this? I would hate to send letter after letter, but I believe this update is important! What do you all think?
A financial aid scholarship from another school? They do not care at all about this.
Usually I'd tell you to wait a little while but it's almost decision time so I say send it in (provided you truly believe that this is very important and will impress them). If you aren't accepted (of course, I hope that you are) you don't want to have regrets and think that you should've sent it in, right? 🙂
Thank you, that was really encouraging! You're so right, I would hate to have regret sit in my mind after not informing them of this, sending it tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest.
A financial aid scholarship from another school? They do not care at all about this.
Thanks for the reply, and input. It is not a financial aid scholarship from another medical school to answer your question. It is an award based on my academic performance and community involvement throughout undergrad.
could the weather that they have been experiencing push it to next week?
Unsure about BU specifically but I know that this is the case with other Boston schools.
I don't think I'll be able to function for the next week or two. I might not even leave my apartment. Already haven't slept in days. Been yelling at Siri a lot.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I thought BU said decisions would be released mid to late March. Am I missing something? Why is everyone talking about this/next week?
There is a March 15 deadline this year that all schools accept at least the number of students they expect in their entering class. Hence, the "this/next week" talk.I thought BU said decisions would be released mid to late March. Am I missing something? Why is everyone talking about this/next week?
Also email from BU said mid MarchI thought BU said decisions would be released mid to late March. Am I missing something? Why is everyone talking about this/next week?
There is a March 15 deadline this year that all schools accept at least the number of students they expect in their entering class. Hence, the "this/next week" talk.
I didn't realize this! Thanks for clarifying, Squidman!
Also email from BU said mid March
Ah, I heard them say mid-March as well but based on their brochure and last year's SDN forum, I interpreted that to mean mid to late March. It's good to know that the timeline 'moved up' as I am anxiously waiting.
On another note, do you happen to know when they'll give out financial aid information to accepted students? Fingers crossed!
Ah, I heard them say mid-March as well but based on their brochure and last year's SDN forum, I interpreted that to mean mid to late March. It's good to know that the timeline 'moved up' as I am anxiously waiting.
On another note, do you happen to know when they'll give out financial aid information to accepted students? Fingers crossed!
Fin Aid letters went out at the end of april last cycle. So base it around then.
"
This is to confirm you would like to remain under consideration for acceptance to Boston University School of Medicine. We expect final decisions late March, at which time you will be notified via email of the Committee's decision.
"
This is to confirm you would like to remain under consideration for acceptance to Boston University School of Medicine. We expect final decisions late March, at which time you will be notified via email of the Committee's decision.
"
"
This is to confirm you would like to remain under consideration for acceptance to Boston University School of Medicine. We expect final decisions late March, at which time you will be notified via email of the Committee's decision.
"
is this the deferral email? I just checked mine which says mid March
+1is this the deferral email? I just checked mine which says mid March
I didn't receive any email along the lines of
"This is to confirm you would like to remain under consideration for acceptance to Boston University School of Medicine. We expect final decisions late March, at which time you will be notified via email of the Committee's decision."
Does this mean I'm rejected? >.<
"This is to confirm you would like to remain under consideration for acceptance to Boston University School of Medicine. We expect final decisions late March, at which time you will be notified via email of the Committee's decision."
Does this mean I'm rejected? >.<
I didn't receive any email along the lines of
"This is to confirm you would like to remain under consideration for acceptance to Boston University School of Medicine. We expect final decisions late March, at which time you will be notified via email of the Committee's decision."
Does this mean I'm rejected? >.<
Haha this might be the most neurotic bit of speculation I have seen yet on SDN! I shouldn't be surprised. They already rejected some so I doubt this. I remember early-mid march from interview day.
I didn't receive any email along the lines of
"This is to confirm you would like to remain under consideration for acceptance to Boston University School of Medicine. We expect final decisions late March, at which time you will be notified via email of the Committee's decision."
Does this mean I'm rejected? >.<
this was not a new email, but the deferral from janurary... @ littlestar 71 had quoted something saying late march... so I was just saying mine said mid march which we know is correct.
If you were deferred you will have received this email and if you interviewed after janurary you will have not.
Let's remain calm until decisions go out, which might be friday but just as likely to be next week.
Then you'll have an post interview email, saying something like that:I interviewed after January, so that's probably why I didn't receive that email. Yes, I'm very paranoid now. I created an account here just to ask that question.
"We plan to complete our interviews by the middle of February, and in March we will send an email to each candidate who completed the application process with us this year. In that group of emails we will accept most of the entering class of 2015, invite a few individuals to remain on our waiting list, and inform others that we will be unable to offer an acceptance this year."
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hi everyone, so i mustered up the courage to call and gently ask regarding if the decisions would come out soon and the nice lady on the phone said they hadn't decided a "timeline" for when they'd get released yet.
this was surprising to hear since we've all pretty much been counting on it being next week, but like someone above said, maybe the snowstorms have pushed the cycle back. Still, like someone else said, they have to accept at least the # of students in the class by next saturday (the 15th per new AAMC regulations).
feel free to share thoughts/speculate.
this was surprising to hear since we've all pretty much been counting on it being next week, but like someone above said, maybe the snowstorms have pushed the cycle back. Still, like someone else said, they have to accept at least the # of students in the class by next saturday (the 15th per new AAMC regulations).
feel free to share thoughts/speculate.
hi everyone, so i mustered up the courage to call and gently ask regarding if the decisions would come out soon and the nice lady on the phone said they hadn't decided a "timeline" for when they'd get released yet.
this was surprising to hear since we've all pretty much been counting on it being next week, but like someone above said, maybe the snowstorms have pushed the cycle back. Still, like someone else said, they have to accept at least the # of students in the class by next saturday (the 15th per new AAMC regulations).
feel free to share thoughts/speculate.
Yeah I called a while back and was given the same line. She didn't exactly come off as particularly knowledgeable about the specific timeframe, or really anything beyond the very basics of the admissions process, to be fair. Weather delays are possible. But if we already know of a deadline, there's no point in asking for further details. Just wait it out, in agony, until the end.
I don't think they'll release decisions on the weekends, which means the last realistic day to hear back from them will be (cue the drum...) Friday, the 13th.
On the 25 (tues) and 26th (weds) of March last year, people received personal calls/emails from their interviewer. The official emails came out that friday the 28th....
On the 25/26 of 2013, calls/emails went out and the official email also happened on the 28th...
Last year, the traffic deadline was March 31st correct (or sometime in April)? In which case, then that pretty much solidifies that we will hear next week. A few people will get the news early in the week and the rest of us will have to wait until Friday
Theres no way they've already accepted (back in January) the exact amount as their class size, right?
On the 25/26 of 2013, calls/emails went out and the official email also happened on the 28th...
Last year, the traffic deadline was March 31st correct (or sometime in April)? In which case, then that pretty much solidifies that we will hear next week. A few people will get the news early in the week and the rest of us will have to wait until Friday
Theres no way they've already accepted (back in January) the exact amount as their class size, right?
I think it COULD actually be the 16th with the 15th being over the weekendhi everyone, so i mustered up the courage to call and gently ask regarding if the decisions would come out soon and the nice lady on the phone said they hadn't decided a "timeline" for when they'd get released yet.
this was surprising to hear since we've all pretty much been counting on it being next week, but like someone above said, maybe the snowstorms have pushed the cycle back. Still, like someone else said, they have to accept at least the # of students in the class by next saturday (the 15th per new AAMC regulations).
feel free to share thoughts/speculate.
I think it COULD actually be the 16th with the 15th being over the weekend
perhaps. unless they get fined for not obeying AAMC regulations...
perhaps. unless they get fined for not obeying AAMC regulations...
Maximum neuroticism and paranoia have been achieved.
Last edited:
perhaps. unless they get fined for not obeying AAMC regulations...
The AAMC regulations actually say that the deadline to offer as many acceptances as there are seats is the 15th, BUT that if the 15th falls on a weekend, the next week day is the actual deadline. At least, this is as far as I know.
This is what I was talking about. Thank you @Tappinfool66 for clarifyingThe AAMC regulations actually say that the deadline to offer as many acceptances as there are seats is the 15th, BUT that if the 15th falls on a weekend, the next week day is the actual deadline. At least, this is as far as I know.
The AAMC regulations actually say that the deadline to offer as many acceptances as there are seats is the 15th, BUT that if the 15th falls on a weekend, the next week day is the actual deadline. At least, this is as far as I know.
This is what I was talking about. Thank you @Tappinfool66 for clarifying
you're both right....according to this website for all others interested: https://www.aamc.org/students/apply...afficrulesforadmissionofficers-2015amcas.html
ugh, i sincerely hope they dont drag it out until the 16th though. the decisions have been made by now so id just rather know......then again I dont like the idea of Fri the 13th either......... cant wait for all this to be over ~~positive vibes~~ *fingers crossed*
Why? There is not much else that we can do until the phones start ringing. 😉We need to stop endlessly speculating.
its satisfying to analyze each school's individual process... gives us a chance to take the power back
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not to mention that it is much more fun than staring at the pseudo-empathic cold rejection. 🙂its satisfying to analyze each school's individual process... gives us a chance to take the power back
Maybe we'll hear back tomorrow!
Relax Guys!! All you're doing by speculating daily is stressing yourself out.
Live your life, and check your e-mail/voicemail/mail once or twice a day. Who knows when you'll hear back, but the point is that everything is out of your hands now. Don't let the application process run your life.
Live your life, and check your e-mail/voicemail/mail once or twice a day. Who knows when you'll hear back, but the point is that everything is out of your hands now. Don't let the application process run your life.
Relax Guys!! All you're doing by speculating daily is stressing yourself out.
Live your life, and check your e-mail/voicemail/mail once or twice a day. Who knows when you'll hear back, but the point is that everything is out of your hands now. Don't let the application process run your life.
All great advice but considering this is the culmination of months of stress and time spent on SDN, what is another week of doing the same?? lol
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K