2014-2015 Boston University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
well...monday's over.....1 day down, 4 more to go..........*prayer* ~~positive vibes~~ ~~positive energy~~

for people who were accepted in the first batch, was there any change at all in your portal or am i wasting my time logging in there in hopes of learning my fate the earliest i can?
 
well...monday's over.....1 day down, 4 more to go..........*prayer* ~~positive vibes~~ ~~positive energy~~

for people who were accepted in the first batch, was there any change at all in your portal or am i wasting my time logging in there in hopes of learning my fate the earliest i can?
Some people last year found out from the status update before getting the call/email, so I think it is worth checking. But by that time someone will post here, I hope.
 
Some people last year found out from the status update before getting the call/email, so I think it is worth checking. But by that time someone will post here, I hope.

In that case, i'll def be checking every day now haha
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
well...monday's over.....1 day down, 4 more to go..........*prayer* ~~positive vibes~~ ~~positive energy~~

for people who were accepted in the first batch, was there any change at all in your portal or am i wasting my time logging in there in hopes of learning my fate the earliest i can?

Umm not to add to the neuroticism but I did get my deferral email at 7pm PT [emoji12]
 
If this week is the week - which I think is safe to bet on - I think its safe to say rejections or waitlist emails will not be sent until friday... and maybe we will see acceptance calls as early as tomorrow.

Maybe this helps...If you guys have not already looked back to the dates

1st wave this cycle-
jan 8 (thursday)- first call
jan 9 (friday)- emails for acceptance/deferral/rejections

Last cycle-
March 25 (tuesday) - earliest acceptance call
March 28 (friday)- emails for acceptance/WL/rejections

Similar dates for later cycles. (New March 15 deadline will move things up two weeks...as admissions has said)
 
My work is boring so this gives me something exciting to look forward to! Assuming good news that is...[emoji13]
 
Yes, we should get a pool going. 😉
I don't think today will be the day though.

Me neither but it's kinda fun waking up everyday wondering if today is the day. Gives me something to look forward to one way or the other.

PS: I vote Thursday!
 
Me neither but it's kinda fun waking up everyday wondering if today is the day. Gives me something to look forward to one way or the other.

PS: I vote Thursday!
I know, I should check my status on the web site when I get to work (can't do that from the phone). Don't have anything else to check anyway - this is the last place where I had an interview which has not gotten back to me. I'll bet on Fri - just to have a different bet. Plus, it would be a good proof for some people that Friday 13 is not such a horrible day. 🙂
 
Just out of curiosity/ paranoia, did many of you guys send a post-interview, pre-decision letter of interest? I know it's too late to send anything now, but would a lack of this type of letter hurt me significantly? Basically is it okay that all i did post-interview was write to my interviewer thanking them, but not much more?
 
Just out of curiosity/ paranoia, did many of you guys send a post-interview, pre-decision letter of interest? I know it's too late to send anything now, but would a lack of this type of letter hurt me significantly? Basically is it okay that all i did post-interview was write to my interviewer thanking them, but not much more?

I only sent in my grades from the fall semester.

No way should it hurt you, some people say it helps, but who knows for sure. If you did not have anything to update them on, you have done everything already.

Schools do want students that show interest in them and want to attend, but, at least for me I thought I demonstrated that in my interview and the fact that I sent in my grades (I was hesitant about doing that since my gpa fell a little...). If a school for whatever reason does not think you are interested in them (not sure why that would be) then maybe a letter of interest would actually help, but it is not going change much about your application.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Btw, if anyone happens to call to check on the current status (or lack thereof) of a "timeline," please let all us other anxious folks know on here. It would be very appreciated.....
 
Hey guys, sorry to add to the neuroticism, but not all interviewers will call or send personal acceptance emails, right?
 
"MyApplication will be unavailable from 11 PM Saturday 3/14 through 8 AM Sunday 3/15 due to institution-wide IT emergency maintenance."

This was posted up on the login webpage today. I'd imagine it's unrelated to admissions, but still unsure.
 
"MyApplication will be unavailable from 11 PM Saturday 3/14 through 8 AM Sunday 3/15 due to institution-wide IT emergency maintenance."

This was posted up on the login webpage today. I'd imagine it's unrelated to admissions, but still unsure.

"Emergency repairs are necessary to address a steam pipe rupture in Buick Street that damaged a bundle of optical communication cables in conduit serving the IS&T Data Center" - email from BU IT department last night (I work at BU, so don't freak out about not getting the email haha)

Shouldn't affect admissions, I think.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are there other schools that wait as long or longer to make their final decisions? At least you know though by when you will here from BU.
 
Last edited:
Are there other schools that wait as long or longer to make their final decisions? At least you know though at least by when you will here from BU.

I interviewed at a school in oregon and they put like 80% of interviewees on hold until April 30th. [emoji55]
 
Last edited:
Just want to remind you guys that there is a Facebook group for accepted students: https://www.facebook.com/groups/322523611280772/

Feel free to ask questions, there are a lot of current first and second years in the group, as well as a sprinkling of third and fourth years.

:claps: Congratulations to those who received word!:claps:

Disclaimer: I DO NOT know how admissions specifically works and I am NOT involved in the process. DO NOT take what I say as anything indicative of the timeline for admissions. Just noticed that someone posted that they got an acceptance phone call a couple of posts above.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Seems like they're all doing phone calls. Anyone receive an email or a portal status change?
I think they give the interviewers some time to make the call and then everybody gets the emails/portal changes around the same time. (email and portal not necessary at the same time, but all portal changes and emails sent being around the same time).