2014-2015 Case Western Reserve University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted Case's offer this morning! So excited!
Do you mind letting us know when they accepted you off the waitlist? How long did they give you to accept?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Have UT students already contacted PIs?

Can't definitely speak for other UT students, but I am pretty sure that a lot of people are going to wait for block 1 to roll around before they get involved with research (maybe unless they are MD/PhD candidates). It might help to get settled and get an idea of what type of schedule you're going to have before you rush head long into research. That's my two cents, but if you are interested in research and feel compelled to start soon, I suppose you can contact PI's.

Reactions: 1 user
Can any current students comment on the usefulness of the lectures? I understand that they are not mandatory and are not recorded. Do lectures supplement topics discussed during IQ sessions? I am slightly concerned that IQ sessions require students to perform research on topics with little overall guidance. Also, there seems to be very little overall class meeting time (20 hours a week), which can have its benefits such as more time to pursue other interests, but I am wondering whether students feel well prepared for board exams?

I apologize if these questions have been asked before. Thank you for the help!

Did you find an answer for this? I was curious too.

Quick question: if you get accepted off the wait list for CWRU, can you defer acceptance for a year? I'm just curious what their policy is on that.

Quick question: if you get accepted off the wait list for CWRU, can you defer acceptance for a year? I'm just curious what their policy is on that.

Did you just get accepted off the waitlist?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats!!! Did they say anything about more acceptances or any indication if you were the last one or something?
They didn't really give me any indication of further waitlist movement, but I'm sure that if I was the last one they would have mentioned it. It was a pretty informal conversation, so that seems like something that would have come up.

They didn't really give me any indication of further waitlist movement, but I'm sure that if I was the last one they would have mentioned it. It was a pretty informal conversation, so that seems like something that would have come up.
Do you mind if I ask what kind of contact you kept with them before you were accepted and if you took a gap year? Sorry im trying to gauge my chances left haha. :D

Do you mind if I ask what kind of contact you kept with them before you were accepted and if you took a gap year? Sorry im trying to gauge my chances left haha. :D
I'll PM you and fill you in

8 days till orientation starts here (when I'll assume they will stop acceptances). I'm personally looking forward to knowing my fate here and having some finality, either good or bad. Goodluck to everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Did any of you 2014-2015 University Track applicants use a PI letter to satisfy one of the two "science advisor or professor" requirements? I have two letters from science professors ready on AMCAS/reserved for schools that won't budge on the matter, but I'm not sure how strong one of them truly is.

So probably no more waitlist movement at this point right? :(
Impossible to say, but the chances seem very slim. This has been a year of very little waitlist movement at nearly every school.

Didn't classes just start at case? Or am I remembering wrong?

And now [our] watch is ended. I wish everyone the best of luck and hope that everyone ends up reaching their dreams!

Reactions: 1 users