2014-2015 Creighton University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got a II as well! And I also got the confusing student hosting email before the actual invite lol

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Lol first thing I did was come to SDN to see if it was a fluke mass email sent to everyone

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS; cGPA and sGPA~3.75; 34 MCAT; complete on 7/23

Members don't see this ad :)
DID ANYONE ELSE GET THIS EMAIL??!!

Hello (MY NAME)

Congratulations on receiving an interview at Creighton University School of Medicine. We are Tom Kang and Aparna Kailasam, second year medical students at Creighton University School of Medicine. We would like to provide you with information on Creighton School of Medicine's Interview Hosting Program.

The Hosting Program presents you with an opportunity to stay with a Creighton Medical student, usually in his or her first year of medical school. Not only is this an economical alternative to paying for a hotel room, it also gives you insight into the life of a Creighton medical student.

I HAVEN'T BEEN NOTIFIED OF AN II! WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?!

My heart was racing after that e-mail! But the II also came right after!!

II today too!

OOS, Jesuit, 3.9+ GPA, 35 MCAT

All dates are Fridays and Saturdays in September and the beginning of October.

CongratS. What did it say!?

Congratulations! The Creighton University School of Medicine Committee on Admissions would like to invite you for an interview. A personal interview will permit the Committee to complete its evaluation of your application for admission. It will also enable you to visit our medical school and tour the Creighton University Medical Center facilities.

Creighton hosts interview programs on Fridays and Saturdays. The programs last from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm. Please log into the Creighton University Secondary Application Portal to schedule an interview.

I chose 9/27. I need to request off work, and our schedule is out through 9/13. Anyone else going to be there that day?

Congrats, everyone! Hoping for some love here as well. =]

Hmm.. I didn't not receive that when I got the sec. Interesting. Congratz btw.

As long as you guys can log in. If shouldn't be a fluke...why would they create accounts... If they weren't planing on sending you guys secondaries

Complete comes after submitting secondary right?

@BasilDancingCheese, I think you might be misinterpreting - "II" means "interview invitation," not secondary.

Well I have similar stats.... Was hoping to get an II here

Last edited:
II 9/13/14! So excited this is my first MD II :). The option for Saturday interviews is amazing, as now I wont have to take a day off of work. non-trad/non-URM/3.4cGPA, 31 MCAT, Jesuit undergrad and LOTS of volunteer work. I hope this gives other hope, as I am definitely below their average stats!

Reactions: 4 users
II 9/13/14! So excited this is my first MD II :). The option for Saturday interviews is amazing, as now I wont have to take a day off of work. non-trad/non-URM/3.4cGPA, 31 MCAT, Jesuit undergrad and LOTS of volunteer work. I hope this gives other hope, as I am definitely below their average stats!

Thanks for sharing! I'm in a similar boat :)

Congrats to those with IIs!! When were you complete?

I submitted the secondary around 7/16, but they didn't get my committee letter until around 8/1. I am shocked they turned around that quickly.

Thanks for having the courage to post that! You've def given me hope :D

I have an interview at Nebraska mid October. You guys think it'd be okay to send an email asking for them to sorta "bump me up the line" once my application is complete so I can see if I can interview at both schools while i'm in Omaha (in the event that they'd actually want to interview me). I submitted my application July 21st and they're STILL waiting on one of my letters from a science prof before I am complete :rage::rage::rage::rage:

Congratulations! The Creighton University School of Medicine Committee on Admissions would like to invite you for an interview. A personal interview will permit the Committee to complete its evaluation of your application for admission. It will also enable you to visit our medical school and tour the Creighton University Medical Center facilities.

Creighton hosts interview programs on Fridays and Saturdays. The programs last from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm. Please log into the Creighton University Secondary Application Portal to schedule an interview.

Congrats! You must have killer ECs!!!!!

I have an interview at Nebraska mid October. You guys think it'd be okay to send an email asking for them to sorta "bump me up the line" once my application is complete so I can see if I can interview at both schools while i'm in Omaha (in the event that they'd actually want to interview me). I submitted my application July 21st and they're STILL waiting on one of my letters from a science prof before I am complete :rage::rage::rage::rage:

Thank you! And I would definitely ask!!! Most of the schools encourage that!

According to the MSAR only Spanish and English community classes are accepted. But like others suggested call and confirm.

I received an II and had quite a few CC courses....I think they recently changed their requirements.

Scheduled for Sept 13th! :O

scheduled sept 27th!

what are our options for flights? is the only airport nearby the Eppley Airfield?

scheduled sept 27th!

what are our options for flights? is the only airport nearby the Eppley Airfield?

I'm flying United into Omaha, and I am also interviewing on September 27th!

EDIT: I am connecting in Chicago O'Hare. I normally fly Southwest, but United is (somewhat) cheaper.

I'm flying United into Omaha, and I am also interviewing on September 27th!

EDIT: I am connecting in Chicago O'Hare. I normally fly Southwest, but United is (somewhat) cheaper.

heyyy it looks like that's what i'll be doing too, on united. no direct flight from where i am to omaha haha.

heyyy it looks like that's what i'll be doing too, on united. no direct flight from where i am to omaha haha.
If you go through O'Hare, GO ON FRIDAY DURING THE AFTERNOON, NOT ON THE LAST FLIGHT IN THE EVENING. I grew up in Chicago, and I avoided O'Hare at all cost if the traveling was time sensitive...delays for days.

scheduled sept 27th!

That's where I'm flying to. Southwest getting there nonstop (surprisingly cheap), and United coming back since they had a superior time/price for Saturday, with a stop in Denver.

I received an II and had quite a few CC courses....I think they recently changed their requirements.

Hi, could you please tell me when you submitted your secondary? I am not sure how this works but I sent in my secondary very early (around first week of July) and have not received an interview invite yet. I am worried that they passed on my application.

Hi, could you please tell me when you submitted your secondary? I am not sure how this works but I sent in my secondary very early (around first week of July) and have not received an interview invite yet. I am worried that they passed on my application.

I submitted my secondary 7/19, but they didn't get my committee letter until around 08/01.

I submitted mine the first week of July and was complete around the 15th and I just received an II last night

I submitted mine the first week of July and was complete around the 15th and I just received an II last night
Oh ok thanks! Congratulations on getting an interview, how exciting!

do you guys know if there's a dutch dinner on saturday interviews? the flyer says only for fridays, but just wanted to make sure before i reserve a flight back home for saturday evening.

do you guys know if there's a dutch dinner on saturday interviews? the flyer says only for fridays, but just wanted to make sure before i reserve a flight back home for saturday evening.

Doesn't sound like it! Looks like we are on our own for Saturday!