2014-2015 Creighton University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I added this school on July 18th and still haven't received a secondary. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be screened out stats-wise. Should I call?

Members don't see this ad.

I added this school on July 18th and still haven't received a secondary. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be screened out stats-wise. Should I call?
added this school on 7/29 and got secondary on 7/30, and I have lowish GPA. call?

Has the Phoenix rotation option already started? Or is this something planned for the future?
It has already started. It is at St. Joseph's Hospital in Phoenix, AZ. If I remember students can do certain rotations at different clinical sites if they really want to.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got complete email on friday. Submitted a bit late (30+ days from invite).......it wont hurt me, right?

Just got complete email on friday. Submitted a bit late (30+ days from invite).......it wont hurt me, right?
I don't think it will, especially if you are busy. I was going to school and working and waiting for payday to submit so it was almost three weeks when I submitted. I think the "two-week" window is kind of a myth for most medical schools.

That being said I know Quinnipiac stated they wanted a two-week turnaround. Some other schools have time limits too.

I don't think it will, especially if you are busy. I was going to school and working and waiting for payday to submit so it was almost three weeks when I submitted. I think the "two-week" window is kind of a myth for most medical schools.

That being said I know Quinnipiac stated they wanted a two-week turnaround. Some other schools have time limits too.

Totally agree. Also, schools like Loyola Stritch give you up to 6 weeks cause they understand their prompts require more reflection.

For Quinnipiac, is it not worth submitting after the 2 week mark? It seems like they suggested it so they can steadily review apps as they come. I'm just curious if submitting it later will result in an auto-rejection.

Ah I really really want an II at the school. Does anyone know when they might start sending II?

Anyone get an MD/PhD application?

Reactions: 8 users
Damn it Creighton .............. Way to scare the #*&&$*@(*$!( out of me ... So much troll. :poke:

Reactions: 2 users
Haha yeah I just did. my heart dropped thinking it was an II

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an email encouraging me to apply for the MD/PhD program. Thought it was a II for a minute...

Reactions: 1 user
Way to let me down, Inbox (1)

Maybe this means something of importance, aka.. II may be coming. One can only hope.

DON'T PLAY WITH ME LIKE THAT CREIGHTON!!!

Reactions: 4 users
So, they send out 6,000 emails for a program that accepts 2 students for an application that should have been submitted 2 months ago? Yeah, that makes sense. Perfect sense.

So, they send out 6,000 emails for a program that accepts 2 students for an application that should have been submitted 2 months ago? Yeah, that makes sense. Perfect sense.
Plus it requires 2 LOR's from research mentors. Ummm I only worked in one lab so...

first michigan now creighton playing with my heart

My emotions when I got the email as told by Ron Swanson:

Ron+Swanson+Actually+Happy_6cf6f3_4786756.gif

Ron-Swanson-is-excited.gif

Staring-Confused-Ron-Swanson.gif

84394-Ron-Swanson-sad-angry-scoff-sc-iGkA.gif

ron-swanson-happy-fist.gif

RonSwansonRyback.gif

RonSwansonMizcoInferno.gif

Reactions: 11 users
For a split second I had so much joy and so much hope. And then it was ripped away. Oh cruel world!!!

Hahaha! I just got the email too and quickly came to tell everyone... Too late I guess.

Hah hah bummer... so many disappointments...

After reading email: 'Huh, okay, not an interview invite, but maybe all my research experience has them inviting me to apply MD/PhD!!!'

And then after checking SDN: 'Right. So apparently everyone and their mother got the invitation to apply for MD/PhD...'

SNL_1376_03_Debbie_Downer.png

Last edited:
Lolz this also just happened to me and I was all I'M SPECIAL and then I was like, nope, not at all, not even a little bit.

I heard about it on SDN first. Saved my hopes from crashing back down.

My heart started racing when I heard an email notification and saw that it was from Creighton. However, the timing raised some suspicions before I read it because IIs are usually sent out in the morning...

My heart started racing when I heard an email notification and saw that it was from Creighton. However, the timing raised some suspicions before I read it because IIs are usually sent out in the morning...

I wish schools had a specific time of day or week they sent out IIs, but so far the two IIs I've received have been at completely opposite times of day- one at night and one in the morning... different time zones for both so not sure how that plays into it. Nonetheless, I think those admissions offices like to be unpredictable ;).

Does Creighton accept CC credit? The CC is technically a "college" which grants 4 year degrees.

If you submit an update online how long does it take/where does it show up? For some reason I'm having technical difficulties with what seems to be an incredibly simple process...I think my brain is fried.

If you submit an update online how long does it take/where does it show up? For some reason I'm having technical difficulties with what seems to be an incredibly simple process...I think my brain is fried.
Couple minutes. But up to 10.

Mine showed up right under the individual category that I submitted it under. It showed up in green! However, I had one show up in two or three minutes, but the other two I submitted took 30-40 minutes to show up

If part of my personal statement answered one of the questions from the secondary, is it okay for me to just copy and paste it? It literally answers it perfectly. Just don't want to look lazy. Thanks

DID ANYONE ELSE GET THIS EMAIL??!!

Hello (MY NAME)

Congratulations on receiving an interview at Creighton University School of Medicine. We are Tom Kang and Aparna Kailasam, second year medical students at Creighton University School of Medicine. We would like to provide you with information on Creighton School of Medicine's Interview Hosting Program.

The Hosting Program presents you with an opportunity to stay with a Creighton Medical student, usually in his or her first year of medical school. Not only is this an economical alternative to paying for a hotel room, it also gives you insight into the life of a Creighton medical student.

I HAVEN'T BEEN NOTIFIED OF AN II! WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?!

Reactions: 3 users
So I just got an email congratulating me on my interview and giving me information about the student hosting program... but no interview invite prior to that. Anyone else?

Edit: Just got the II!