2014-2015 Duke University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Right?! Been there since July. Just assume it's a no go or are they still offering interviews?
For my own sanity, I've relinquished holding on to that last little strand of hope for an interview and just figured its a no go. I think they are only holding off on sending out the mass rejections in case some of the last few interviewees cancel last minute. It seems like they offered all spots already for the February interviews, unless someone cancels.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So.... Is anyone else still in "application screening"? Why is duke stringing us along like this?!?!?

It makes me feel like they just didn't get through my application before they filled all their interview spots (since it says they are still waiting for screeners to go through it). 🙁 But it looks like I'm not alone in this. I didn't realistically have that much of a chance at Duke anyway.
 
Finally got that "Application Declined" statues. No email. Too bad all that work for my essays didn't pay off, but that's okay. Good luck to everyone else!
 
Alas! I will not be a Duchess. . . congratulations to all of you accepted here. For those who share my fate, I hope that you will find your "meant to be" school and be happy there. Ta ta to this thread!
 
after seeing that familiar screening status several times a day for 6 months straight, finally rejected.

Oh well
:yawn:
Bye guys
 
after seeing that familiar screening status several times a day for 6 months straight, finally rejected.

Oh well
:yawn:
Bye guys
sorry to hear that Friendly, I'm sure you have some fantastic options elsewhere! Best of luck the rest of the way!
 
  • Like
Reactions: FFH
Also joined the rejection club today. But I'm very surprised and honored to have made it this far! 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Finally got the rejection note in the portal. I'm going to take it as a compliment that they held onto me until the very end. Best of luck everyone!! Hopefully we will all be collaborating one day on some medical boards 🙂
 
I believe they update with rejection notices at dates which are dependent on when one submitted one's secondary. The earlier you submit, the earlier you get rejected.
 
hey has anyone w/ an interview next week heard back from student hosting? they said we should hear back w/in a week, and if not to email them... I emailed them on tuesday but still nothing...
 
Hi, so I called admissions yesterday to find out more of the decision and they've said we would be notified by the first week of march at the earliest. Hoping for Feb 23 though!

So it this the first week of march at the earlier or the latest?

Cause I was under the impression Feb. 23 at the earliest and March 2 at the latest.

Also, do they make an accept/reject decision on an individual 1-2 weeks after one interviews?

Or is there also a "hold" decision where they review someone later in the cycle once again?
 
It's always like this
they are terrible at deciding on who they should keep or not
Maybe don't think of it as "terrible" but instead "extremely careful"? Other people have been rejected already, and anyone who's still screening has survived that process. Yeah, it's fair to say that the odds aren't great at this point, but they want to make absolutely sure that you're not what they're looking for before they outright reject you.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hmm true I didn't get anything either..but I assume everyone gets there at 8 am?
 
I emailed admissions adn they said you won't get one - you get your itinerary day of. Your original II email will give you all the scheduling/location info you need!
 
I had a little too much time, waiting for a sample to crystallize.

Below are the post-interview decision dates from 2010-2015:

2010: March 5- Mon (mail/email system)

2011: March 15-Mon(mail/email system)

2012: March 5-Mon

2013 March 4-Mon

2014: March 7/8-Friday/Sat
Do these dates really matter though? At my interview day, Dr. Armstrong told us decisions would come in February.
 
I interviewed yesterday.

Dean Armstrong said...Feb 23 - March 2. Decisions will be released in that time frame. However, I'm not sure if it'll be all at once on one day or sprinkled throughout. Last interview day is Feb 13 (end of this week).
Thanks for the insight! They said decisions are made pretty quickly so hopefully it will be somewhat chronological. I'm not sure, but is Duke only releasing decisions via portal and not calling?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad