You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Duke University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Nobody likes that guy... lolWay to be that guy!
Damn I never sent a thank you letter since it was MMI. Hope that doesn't hurt my chances!
I really don't think that it makes a difference!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Of the 10 schools that have gotten back to me post interview, the 5 where I wrote thank you notes put me on the wait list and the 5 where I didn't write thank you notes accepted me. Quite ironic in my opinion. Don't worry about em is what I would say as my app cycle comes to the end. It's good manners but probably won't lean you one way or another for the adcom.
D
deleted643377
The hour of our period of judgement draws nigh.... or at least the start of our period of judgement; this will be a long week.
The week of inDUKEting is finally arriving!
midnight tonight, the countdown begins...It's not healthy how many times I've checked the SDN Duke thread today.
What do you guys think? First thing in the morning? EST? I need the speculation of internet strangers to get me through tonight...
I just logged into the portal... you know, just in case something was there.midnight tonight, the countdown begins...
I'll be lucky if I make it through the night without a nervous breakdown. Let alone if they wait until later in the week.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Long time lurker here on this thread... I interviewed back in November and this morning I have already refreshed my email way more than is healthy and it's not even 9AM. It's going to be a long week.
Last edited:
For a second, I thought the "OMG" was good news🙁OMG!!!!!
still waiting....
I believe that was the (malicious) intent!For a second, I thought the "OMG" was good news🙁
I wish, its just an expression of anxiety and frustration, I'm going to break the refresh button on my email.For a second, I thought the "OMG" was good news🙁
That's so hurtful haha 😛 Why @Willy38, Why???I believe that was the (malicious) intent!
That's so hurtful haha 😛 Why @Willy38, Why???
Anxiety makes people do strange things...
This post reminds me of a story she told us on my interview day, I wonder if anyone else can figure out why haha.I saw Brenda Armstrong having coffee with a friend this weekend. I almost had a heart attack just so she would notice me. I cannot handle this much longer!
Should have asked her when they are going to get back to us! Come on man!!! Haha I kid...I saw Brenda Armstrong having coffee with a friend this weekend. I almost had a heart attack just so she would notice me. I cannot handle this much longer!
I was so tempted but I am not that brave. I'm sorry to let you all down!Should have asked her when they are going to get back to us! Come on man!!! Haha I kid...
D
deleted643377
Do we (as a collective, anxious whole) think there'd be any merit in calling to ask when they think they'll get the decisions out this week?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted643377
I interviewed end of January and they said they were expecting to release them between Feb. 23-March 2I thought the decisions were coming out first week of March at the earliest, why do we think it's this week? I hope you guys are right, I'm ready to hear back!
I was given the same timeframe in February (last week of interviews)I interviewed end of January and they said they were expecting to release them between Feb. 23-March 2
It think "it's gonna be a long week" is the theme of the day. We are all praying we hear back today but we all have this deep down dreadful feeling the news won't come until next week...
It think "it's gonna be a long week" is the theme of the day. We are all praying we hear back today but we all have this deep down dreadful feeling the news won't come until next week...
I'm with you on that, given the weather last week I'd be surprised if they aren't running behind.
Please call! Someone! I just don't want to do it haha for fear of them tracking my number and finding out it's me and then deciding not to accept me....ya know rational concerns...Do we (as a collective, anxious whole) think there'd be any merit in calling to ask when they think they'll get the decisions out this week?
Yeah but that's been there since the summer, and back in September Dean Armstrong told us February, so they've obviously been aiming to get them out by the end of this week for the entire cycle.For what its worth, this is what's posted on Duke's MSAR:
Acceptance Notice - earliest date sent: March 2nd, 2015
![]()
Yeah but that's been there since the summer, and back in September Dean Armstrong told us February, so they've obviously been aiming to get them out by the end of this week for the entire cycle.
Yet we have to balance all the planning and good intent against the old saw, "Doctors are sadists."
- Maybe this is the beginning of our training? If so we are all accepted, right? 🙂
Or maybe my mind has now melted to infinite orthogonal possibilities - Linear algebra has never made so much sense.
Yeah but that's been there since the summer, and back in September Dean Armstrong told us February, so they've obviously been aiming to get them out by the end of this week for the entire cycle.
It also makes sense for them to get back in February since the MSTP second look weekend starts on the 19th of March (I'm gonna assume that it will coincide with the regular MD second look). By them getting back to us earlier, we can start planning better for Durham.
Plus, its my birthday today - I really wanted a present from Duke today 🙁
Happy Birthday!It also makes sense for them to get back in February since the MSTP second look weekend starts on the 19th of March (I'm gonna assume that it will coincide with the regular MD second look). By them getting back to us earlier, we can start planning better for Durham.
Plus, its my birthday today - I really wanted a present from Duke today 🙁
I agree. Plus in the dashboard it says decidsions will be made in March 2014 ..... I'm thinking by the end of this week for sure...if not today. I interviewed in January and the specifically told us the last Monday in Feb....but it seems like they changed this later to Fed 23- Mar 2...Yeah but that's been there since the summer, and back in September Dean Armstrong told us February, so they've obviously been aiming to get them out by the end of this week for the entire cycle.
Happy Birthday Zobasty!
I'm pretty sure the dashboard message has been the same for the last few years. They just copy/pasted it from last years' app.I agree. Plus in the dashboard it says decidsions will be made in March 2014 ..... I'm thinking by the end of this week for sure...if not today. I interviewed in January and the specifically told us the last Monday in Feb....but it seems like they changed this later to Fed 23- Mar 2...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted643377
Does someone want to call and put an end to the speculation? I'd do it but I'm long distance.... (Canada)
Does someone want to call and put an end to the speculation? I'd do it but I'm long distance.... (Canada)
Maybe you could Magic Jack that bad boy and let us know? I would, but I am way to afraid to call!
Bit the bullet: Just called and they said admissions decisions will NOT be coming out today, but wouldn't offer a date range. I didn't want to push so I just left it at that!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
