-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Duke University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Why not just get it over with in one day? They already made their decisions, it's just unreasonable at this point.
The thread has gone quiet...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm gonna fall back on my belief in the penguin as well as the fact that last year there were more than twice as many reported acceptances on SDN as there have been so far this year...so I'm thinking there's gotta be some more going out
I might just be holding out hope, but there's nothing wrong with that 🙂 #cantstopwontstop
I might just be holding out hope, but there's nothing wrong with that 🙂 #cantstopwontstop
I am hoping that calls were made today/yesterday and that acceptances via email will be sent tomorrow. I am basing this on the fact that when one of us called yesterday, Duke said that emails/portal updates would go out later in the week. That and I am still holding out a smidgen of hope that I might be accepted.I'm gonna fall back on my belief in the penguin as well as the fact that last year there were more than twice as many reported acceptances on SDN as there have been so far this year...so I'm thinking there's gotta be some more going out
I might just be holding out hope, but there's nothing wrong with that 🙂 #cantstopwontstop
Just got an acceptance call!
Just got an acceptance call!
Didn't get a call, but it's good to be proven right about the acceptances not being over yet...I'll take it!
Congratulations!
If Duke already accepted the minimum 109 students (as per @DaMedDude 's post), the current SDN positive response rate is 7.3%. This seems too low. Furthermore, those accepted appear to be extremely strong candidates, even by Duke standards.
Thus, my theory: the admissions committee went through it's top-ranked interviewees first and sent out the obvious (perhaps unanimously agreed upon) acceptances yesterday and today. The rest of the files will require another committee meeting or two to sort through, so we will have to wait a bit longer for our decisions.
I suspect more acceptances will be given.
Thus, my theory: the admissions committee went through it's top-ranked interviewees first and sent out the obvious (perhaps unanimously agreed upon) acceptances yesterday and today. The rest of the files will require another committee meeting or two to sort through, so we will have to wait a bit longer for our decisions.
I suspect more acceptances will be given.
Accepted via call just now!!! 😀
I didn't even apply here, but it sure is fun to follow this thread right now!
Accepted via call just now!!! 😀
Who called you? And when did you interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This thread must be really fun to watch while making acceptance calls.
"Now I'm going to only call applicants whose last names starts with 'J' and watch the SDNers freak out..."
"Now I'm going to only call applicants whose last names starts with 'J' and watch the SDNers freak out..."
Who called you? And when did you interview?
Member of adcom and October
Member of adcom and October
Thanks and Congrats!!
Thanks and Congrats!!
Thanks!
So on AMCAS, has everyone who has been called at night listed a phone number under the evening heading under personal info? Just a crazy thought to add the theories circulating.
And congrats to everyone who is in so far!
And congrats to everyone who is in so far!
Thanks!
Just got an acceptance call!
Just got an acceptance call!
Accepted via call just now!!! 😀
Would you both be so kind as to share your last initials whereabouts in the alphabet? (Early, middle, or late would be awesome, no need for specifics 🙂 )
Also, CONGRATS!!!!! So awesome for you both. And so jelly right now I can't even.
So on AMCAS, has everyone who has been called at night listed a phone number under the evening heading under personal info? Just a crazy thought to add the theories circulating.
And congrats to everyone who is in so far!
Oh no... I didn't put a phone number for evening... Anyone else do that?
So on AMCAS, has everyone who has been called at night listed a phone number under the evening heading under personal info? Just a crazy thought to add the theories circulating.
And congrats to everyone who is in so far!
I love SDN theories, they make the time pass faster
+1, don't think it matters with regard to a decision but just may explain why Duke is calling people at 9:20pm... that's late.Oh no... I didn't put a phone number for evening... Anyone else do that?
+1, don't think it matters with regard to a decision but just may explain why Duke is calling people at 9:20pm... that's late.
Never put an evening phone number, just a preferred one (my cell), which is what they called.
Would you both be so kind as to share your last initials whereabouts in the alphabet? (Early, middle, or late would be awesome, no need for specifics 🙂 )
Also, CONGRATS!!!!! So awesome for you both. And so jelly right now I can't even.
Around a fourth from the end.
Thank you! Best of luck to you as well!
Would you both be so kind as to share your last initials whereabouts in the alphabet? (Early, middle, or late would be awesome, no need for specifics 🙂 )
Also, CONGRATS!!!!! So awesome for you both. And so jelly right now I can't even.
Around the middle of the alphabet
this thread is so exciting that I've been checking my phone all night waiting for a call from Duke... and I didn't even apply to Duke! congrats to all of you!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Damn, I hope not haha11 PM ?! They must be trying to get them all done tonight. Congrats!
D
deleted643377
This is brutal. Duke is definitely a far stretch for me, and I won't be surprised to get a sad response, but this cat-and-mouse game with my nerves is killing me lol
This is brutal. Duke is definitely a far stretch for me, and I won't be surprised to get a sad response, but this cat-and-mouse game with my nerves is killing me lol
I feel ya
Accepted??
No, that was supposed to indicate my succumbing to frustration and anxiety.Accepted??
Dang I was excited for you for a second.No, that was supposed to indicate my succumbing to frustration and anxiety.
D
deleted643377
It's almost midnight, it's gotta be done for the day....right?
Sorry 🙁Dang I was excited for you for a second.
Edit: I'll be unambiguous with my post when I get a decision.
We have a snow day tomorrow here in the Deep South, so I've got nothing to lose staying up ha.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's <20 people accepted on here right? I feel like there have to be more than just the 2 at a time we're hearing about.... where are the emails??
Also, I was up in the air yesterday when things were happening so I'm just going to hope someone tried calling then 😛
Also, I was up in the air yesterday when things were happening so I'm just going to hope someone tried calling then 😛
My girlfriend just called and my heart jumped and I almost screamed at her.
Idk why I keep looking on here haha. I just get disappointed.
The trick is to always be disappointed. You can't ruin a day that's already ruined!
I think it's 12 or 13 people for a ~11-12% SDN positive response assuming a pool of ~110. Still seems a bit low.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
