-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Duke University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
yeah exactly, I have no problem if that's just their thing, but it's the misinformation that's driving me nuts!Other schools definitely do this, but they tell you about it. If you're not going to send emails, DON'T SAY YOU ARE!
Did people from the Midwest get acceptance packets yesterday (in the mail is what I meant)?
Nope, haven't gotten mine yet.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I feel like the Assassin's Creed maxim kinda describes perfectly the guiding philosophy of the adcoms right now.
"Nothing is true. Everything is permitted."
"Nothing is true. Everything is permitted."
+1. any idea when they start taking people from the waitlist? is there no mobility until april 30?
mother ****errrrrr anixety at an all time high
I didn't get the WL email :[
me either :/I didn't get the WL email :[
D
deleted643377
No email....
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Waitlist email received as well.
Well looks like we know our fate.... No WL email almost guarantees rejection. It has been fun, friends.
Now if they could just send out the rejections today it'd be lovelyWell looks like we know our fate.... No WL email almost guarantees rejection. It has been fun, friends.
D
deleted643377
Now if they could just send out the rejections today it'd be lovely
Last edited by a moderator:
No WL email here. Ouch.
Yup. No WL email......definitely rejected. They wouldn't have sent out WL emails before accepting everyone. Been interesting. Congrats to everyone who got accepted and best of luck to those of you who got WL emails. DaMedDude is signing off.....never coming to this forum again haha. At least it's over...
To whomever is reading this . You guys are wonderful people and will make amazing physicians. I can tell that, just from my interactions with you on this forum.
And if you haven't been accepted to any medical school- NEVER LOSE HOPE. I'm a reapplicant, and though I've been accepted this cycle, I fully remember how horrible it was last year. But if you do want to serve as a physician, you will find a way. I believe in you
And if you haven't been accepted to any medical school- NEVER LOSE HOPE. I'm a reapplicant, and though I've been accepted this cycle, I fully remember how horrible it was last year. But if you do want to serve as a physician, you will find a way. I believe in you
This might be asking for too much detail, but anyone want to comment on scores for those accepted or waitlisted? I haven't heard anything either way, but forgot to update my address information on my portal. I'm trying to get an idea of my most likely fate
No email yet 🙁
gg duke it's been fun
gg duke it's been fun
Lol tried to email to confirm and update application and the email bounced. Typical.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No WL email.... 🙁
+1 LizzyM 79. I'm still pretty sure we got rejected.Glad to hear that I'm the only one who hasn't heard anything! (LizzyM = 79; interviewed in Sept.)
No email here either... Shucks guys.
No wait list email for me either. Sad day.
I am excited for anyone who thinks they are getting rejected, then ends up getting an acceptance in the mail.
I really hope it happens.
I really hope it happens.
Same lol, you have to email medadm AT mc.duke.edu, not just medadm AT duke.edu.Lol tried to email to confirm and update application and the email bounced. Typical.
I doubt there's a meaningful trend. LizzyM of 81 and change here and waitlisted.This might be asking for too much detail, but anyone want to comment on scores for those accepted or waitlisted? I haven't heard anything either way, but forgot to update my address information on my portal. I'm trying to get an idea of my most likely fate
+1 LizzyM 79. I'm still pretty sure we got rejected.
+1. LizzyM > 80, interviewed in early October. I'm guessing that I screwed up the MMI more than I thought... I felt ok about it afterwards, but I do remember bombing one station. Ah well, congrats to everyone else!!
+1 LizzyM 79. I'm still pretty sure we got rejected.
LizzyM 79 here as well. Also currently sitting on a steaming pile of total silence.
I guess we check the mail today for one last little shred of hope, eh?
Ugh, don't get my hopes up. My AMCAS address is my home address and my mom just told me there was nothing in the mail from Duke today.I am excited for anyone who thinks they are getting rejected, then ends up getting an acceptance in the mail.
I really hope it happens.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 LizzyM 79. I'm still pretty sure we got rejected.
Oh yes, that was my conclusion. I definitely didn't mean for it to come across as anything else. I just didn't want people to think it was only low LizzyM who were hearing silence.
Accepted via letter today!! Don't know why they didn't bother to call me :/
For me mail doesn't come around 3 and its 12:20. I guess if I see something in the mail then I know I am in......but I think everyone on here who has been accepted through mail received a phone call too. I think there is no hope. I know that I said I'd leave but I just can't. I hate to say that I can't wait to just get my rejection letter and no 100% that it is over. Right now I am only 99% sure.
Edit: Maybe not....scratch that ^^^^^. So there is still a smidgen of hope. I have really good stats and decent ECs and the interview went great. Can't believe I wouldn't even get a WL position
Edit: Maybe not....scratch that ^^^^^. So there is still a smidgen of hope. I have really good stats and decent ECs and the interview went great. Can't believe I wouldn't even get a WL position
+1 LizzyM 79. I'm still pretty sure we got rejected.
+1 LizzyM 79, Interviewed in September as well. New conspiracy theory: Duke hates the #79. Haven't heard back yet either. Honestly at least we aren't on the waitlist. A YES/NO is more helpful than a maybe.
Well that's promising I guess.Accepted via letter today!! Don't know why they didn't bother to call me :/
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K