2014-2015 Duke University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone else probably-rejected feel especially bad since the MMI is supposedly a better indicator of who will be successful later on in med school/USMLE/residency? If I apparently didn't do well on that then I'm not sure what that means about my future...
 
Anyone else probably-rejected feel especially bad since the MMI is supposedly a better indicator of who will be successful later on in med school/USMLE/residency? If I apparently didn't do well on that then I'm not sure what that means about my future...
If the evidence for that was so convincing, a lot more schools would probably have switched to it by now. The MMI is supposedly a good indicator for future STEP II performances, which aren't as important for residency applications as your STEP I scores.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone else probably-rejected feel especially bad since the MMI is supposedly a better indicator of who will be successful later on in med school/USMLE/residency? If I apparently didn't do well on that then I'm not sure what that means about my future...

Just think about it as us being in the bottom third in the small pool of the best applicants in the world. It makes it a little better I think.
 
WL here as well. LizzyM ~75. As nerve wracking as its been, the wait is over (sort of). I truly wish the best for everyone here. Good luck, and good night.
 
me too :'(

kind of a relief though (compared to WL), cus I'm dragging along with my significant other for the ride, and it's nice to know exactly where we'll be geographically so he can start planning out his life too!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also rejected by email just now... certainly not helping my anxiety level as I wait on other March schools 🙁 But at least the wait is over for Duke!
 
Rejected.

Wow. Duke's MMI was honestly the only interview this season that I came away from feeling really good about how it went. Others I thought I bombed got acceptances with scholarships. I guess you really can't tell.

It is going to be easier getting a straight answer, though, rather than being strung along for months.

Congratulations to everyone accepted and good luck to everyone waitlisted!
 
Last edited:
No email, LM 77, no surprise either. I re-read that essay on my portal LOLLLLL...incoherent

Edit: Probably just waiting on them to get to lower end of the rank list to reject me
Rejected. Willy38.....If you didn't receive an email I think you have a shot at receiving a letter today or tomorrow. I'm sure they sent out the rejections to everyone at once.
 
wtf, why no email?
_white chicks.gif
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rejected as well. It would almost be a relief if I had not been wait listed at the only 2 other schools I had interviewed at.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Alright this is crazy. I have been lurking this thread nonstop since last week and finally gave in and made an account. I didnt expect to get accepted here (let alone an interview) because my MCAT is below their average, so when I didnt get a WL email an hour ago I figured I was rejected. But now rejection emails have gone out and I didnt get one of those. I have heard nothing--no phone call, no email, no anything. I live on the west coast, maybe theres a chance my acceptance letter will come today and they just never called me?
 
Any of my fellow no-newsers want to take one for the team and call admissions to ask what's up?

Edit: called myself - she said "no later than tomorrow" and "by email." She didn't seem surprised that I hadn't heard anything yet (in fact, my quotations are literally all she said) so I still don't know what to think.
 
Last edited: