You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Duke University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
!!!!! Well done!!!!Cannot believe it!!! II today!!
For anybody who has trouble believing in the II they got, I'd like to share some of the therapies that worked for me.
1. Check the email every 20mins for 3 days, every hour for a week, then once everyday for the rest of your life.
2. Stare at the email for 30s each time, especially at the word "congratulations!".
3. Screenshot the email and use it as desktop saver, home screen/lock screen for your phone.
4. Join a group (SDN works) and talk about the II with other people who have the same problem.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratssssssssss!Omg you guys... II!!Complete first week of July.![]()
The mystical penguin avatar.... it works....
![]()
I was skeptical, but evidence is so overwhelmingly strong. Got to give in!
Haha, it's worth a shot right? Keeping my fingers crossed for you🙂Congratssssssssss!
I was skeptical, but evidence is so overwhelmingly strong. Got to give in!
Omg you guys... II!!Complete first week of July.![]()
The mystical penguin avatar.... it works....
![]()
if i could like this post a million times, i absolutely would
Haha, it's worth a shot right? Keeping my fingers crossed for you🙂
Next step, send LOI mentioning recent progress made in penguinification.
Seriously, imagine the reactions of Adcom when reading this thread...
Omg you guys... II!!Complete first week of July.![]()
The mystical penguin avatar.... it works....
![]()
Alright I'm convinced. Cue the fire-breathing penguin.
Omg you guys... II!!Complete first week of July.![]()
The mystical penguin avatar.... it works....
![]()
For real though, what I'm most interested is how you got that awesome dancing penguin in there!
Still waiting for II, hoping for some love soon, Duke is awesome.
Not sure, but I'm on board.What's with all the penguins fellas?
I want to play, too!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What about a semi-give-in...? And BTW, do you work with 293T cell line?I'll give Duke a couple more weeks to accept me for who I am and give me a interview... Then I might have to give in to the mass superstition.
I love it! I do work with them. I couldn't think of a name, so I opened the first email in my inbox and it was about then.What about a semi-give-in...? And BTW, do you work with 293T cell line?
![]()
You didn't....? To be honest, I thought you were one of the few original penguins who got II here...guess I'm mistaken...LOL should've applied to duke...
Way too superstitious not to get in on this penguin action....Hoping Duke sends some love to all the other penguins (and other cute creatures, bonus points for diversity) out there!
Not sure, but I'm on board.
jsquared, I like the way you think.
Has anyone been advised that they will not be invited for an interview?
What do you mean? I didn't realize there was such a thing.
II just now. Thought about changing my picture yesterday now I'm sad I didn't to add to this penguin craze.
LizzyM 72 OOS, complete on 7/13.
Congrats!! Aw man, you should switch it now to not get bad karma 😛.
What do you mean? I didn't realize there was such a thing.
I think he means rejections.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Gotcha! Also, fabulous penguin picture!I think he means rejections.
Instead of the Class of 2019 thread we should make a "Penguins of 2019" thread.I feel like we're some kind of club. We should have a motto. And pins.
Yes, that is what I meant. Rejection seems too harsh.I think he means rejections.
One of us. One of us. One of us.
I'm going to rock this cat for one week until I join on the bandwagon.
I've joined the club. Can I have my II now?
Lol.. self fulfilling prophecy going on here. My Asian watermelon child seemed to work just fine!
Lol.. self fulfilling prophecy going on here. My Asian watermelon child seemed to work just fine!
Ohhhh that's what that is....
Idea: people who actually make it to the white coat ceremony next year at Duke should buy a bunch of penguin shaped balloons with "Penguin 2019" written on it and just casually give it out to all the students after they've got their stethoscope. Now imagine the confusion of the school when they sees the penguin dominated auditorium room.Instead of the Class of 2019 thread we should make a "Penguins of 2019" thread.
Then each time there is some kind of student activities, have one of us dress up like a penguin and just hang around for no apparent reason.
Idea: people who actually make it to the white coat ceremony next year at Duke should buy a bunch of penguin shaped balloons with "Penguin 2019" written on it and just casually give it out to all the students after they've got their stethoscope. Now imagine the confusion of the school when they sees the penguin dominated auditorium room.
Then each time there is some kind of student activities, have one of us dress up like a penguin and just hang around for no apparent reason.
I was thinking we could get penguin class rings, then discretely acknowledge each other at conferences 30 years down the line. We could recruit future applicant years, and have class orders just like the masons! And write a penguin code in a big leather-bound tome, and underground meetings wearing penguin masks to discuss climate change. Many decades later, people will gossip, "Did you hear? The new director of the AMA is a 9th order penguin."
I love cults. Maybe too much.
HAHA! This is great!I was thinking we could get penguin class rings, then discretely acknowledge each other at conferences 30 years down the line. We could recruit future applicant years, and have class orders just like the masons! And write a penguin code in a big leather-bound tome, and underground meetings wearing penguin masks to discuss climate change. Many decades later, people will gossip, "Did you hear? The new director of the AMA is a 9th order penguin."
I love cults. Maybe too much.
I'm pretty sure that's how PBK started...time for P for Penguin!! Of course we won't have a special handshake--penguin ain't got no hands. But we can have special walk, you know, the penguin walk.I was thinking we could get penguin class rings, then discretely acknowledge each other at conferences 30 years down the line. We could recruit future applicant years, and have class orders just like the masons! And write a penguin code in a big leather-bound tome, and underground meetings wearing penguin masks to discuss climate change. Many decades later, people will gossip, "Did you hear? The new director of the AMA is a 9th order penguin."
I love cults. Maybe too much.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes.I've joined the club. Can I have my II now?
Congrats 🙂. It's not superstition if it works! Where at (if you don't mind me asking)?I joined the ranks yesterday, and just got my first II.
I'm not saying it works, but I'm not saying anything else either.![]()
I didn't apply to Duke but I'm joining the penguin trend!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
