-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 George Washington University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
some people who interviewed 1st and 2nd week have heard back..Has anyone else heard back that has interviewed in the first week of November? This is now week 11....
im in the same boat as you
Nope...Has anyone else heard back that has interviewed in the first week of November? This is now week 11....
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Alternate pool. 🙁 Interviewed first week of November.
Tell me about it... One of my top choices...Same. Pretty bummed.
first week of november ... nothing still!!
it is my top choice. sighTell me about it... One of my top choices...
No news is good news? Hang in there!it is my top choice. sigh
Welp, rejected pre-II today. I was complete mid-August, LizzyM ~69. I had been on hold since early November. The rejection email included the following:
"We want to point out that this decision relates in part to the extreme competition for places in our class. The decision not to proceed further with your application was made on the basis of this careful review. We have done our best to be realistic and judicious in reaching our decisions. I hope that you will understand that this decision is a reflection of the extraordinary talent represented in our applicant pool and that many more excellent candidates are being denied this year than in the past."
I'm not sure if that was included in earlier rejections or not, but it actually made me feel a little bit better about being rejected.
Best of luck to those still in the running and if you decide to attend, enjoy the opportunity to live in DC!
"We want to point out that this decision relates in part to the extreme competition for places in our class. The decision not to proceed further with your application was made on the basis of this careful review. We have done our best to be realistic and judicious in reaching our decisions. I hope that you will understand that this decision is a reflection of the extraordinary talent represented in our applicant pool and that many more excellent candidates are being denied this year than in the past."
I'm not sure if that was included in earlier rejections or not, but it actually made me feel a little bit better about being rejected.
Best of luck to those still in the running and if you decide to attend, enjoy the opportunity to live in DC!
5
584376
+1 with similar Lizzy M but later complete dateWelp, rejected pre-II today. I was complete mid-August, LizzyM ~69. I had been on hold since early November. The rejection email included the following:
"We want to point out that this decision relates in part to the extreme competition for places in our class. The decision not to proceed further with your application was made on the basis of this careful review. We have done our best to be realistic and judicious in reaching our decisions. I hope that you will understand that this decision is a reflection of the extraordinary talent represented in our applicant pool and that many more excellent candidates are being denied this year than in the past."
I'm not sure if that was included in earlier rejections or not, but it actually made me feel a little bit better about being rejected.
Best of luck to those still in the running and if you decide to attend, enjoy the opportunity to live in DC!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1. I'm still on hold.10 weeks today and no update.. Anyone else?
When were you complete?Rejected, pre-II, similar to the ones above... I am beginning to sense a trend in my status updates... hopefully my DO schools show me some love!
Sorry. 🙁 When were you complete?Rejected today as well
sometime in late July, early August.Sorry. 🙁 When were you complete?
Early JulyWhen were you complete?
ACCEPTED TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
interviewed 11/06!
interviewed 11/06!
Last edited:
CONGRATS!ACCEPTED TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
interviewed 11/06!

ACCEPTED TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
interviewed 11/06!
Congrats!!!!! Wholly Moley they took nearly 12 weeks for you!
Accepted this morning! So excited!
when was your interview, if you don't mind? congrats!
when was your interview, if you don't mind? congrats!
Thanks! I interviewed 12/2.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Have an interview coming up! Super nervous since its my only invite.
For those of you who were interviewed, did you find that you were leading the direction of the interview since its closed file? Were there any ethical questions? Any extra tips?
Thanks in advance!
For those of you who were interviewed, did you find that you were leading the direction of the interview since its closed file? Were there any ethical questions? Any extra tips?
Thanks in advance!
My student interviewer told me the only required questions where why gw and why medicine. So, after addressing those questions, I tried to steer the interviews towards topics I was comfortable with. Worked well as I avoided difficult ethical questions. Good luck!Have an interview coming up! Super nervous since its my only invite.
For those of you who were interviewed, did you find that you were leading the direction of the interview since its closed file? Were there any ethical questions? Any extra tips?
Thanks in advance!
Let me know if I can help you, run91, I'm currently a GW student and can do what I can to prepare you (ps: it was my only interview, too!) 🙂Have an interview coming up! Super nervous since its my only invite.
For those of you who were interviewed, did you find that you were leading the direction of the interview since its closed file? Were there any ethical questions? Any extra tips?
Thanks in advance!
Got accepted yesterday!! interviewed sec week of NOV
I dont know what to do next;n I. dont know how it works.. any help will be very appreciated 🙂
I dont know what to do next;n I. dont know how it works.. any help will be very appreciated 🙂
Last edited:
You'll get some emails soon with more info!Got accepted yesterday!! interviewed sec week of NOV MCAT 30 GPA 3.9
I dont know what to do next;n I. dont know how it works.. any help will be very appreciated 🙂
Does anybody know in the past when people began getting acceptances from the waiting list? Usually not until April right?
Congrats!!! Were you wait listed first or just accepted first thing ?! I'm just trying to see if there's been any WL movementGot accepted yesterday!! interviewed sec week of NOV MCAT 30 GPA 3.9
I dont know what to do next;n I. dont know how it works.. any help will be very appreciated 🙂
Thank you 🙂Congrats!!! Were you wait listed first or just accepted first thing ?! I'm just trying to see if there's been any WL movement
I was accepted without WL. Sorry that my nswer doesnt help much
Has anyone been given an II after an extensive hold?
I was on hold from sept-dec and then received an II
I was on hold from sept-dec and then received an II
Same, I was on hold in October and got a II recently
Any II's recently? Or does anyone know when the interview cycle ends at GWU?
Rejected preII, complete early Aug, hold early Sept
Rejected preII, complete early Aug, hold early Sept
Atleast they're ripping the bandage off...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rejected pre-II. I'm not surprised, I've been on hold this entire time. Good luck to everyone else! 

Rejected preII, complete early Aug, hold early Sept
Rejected pre-II. I'm not surprised, I've been on hold this entire time. Good luck to everyone else!![]()
Same
Waiting for my Pre-II rejection………… I feel like they've forgotten about me….
+1 I don't know how I just survived that round of rejections. I have also been on hold most of this cycle. I sent a letter of interest a couple of days ago so maybe that delayed them from rejecting?
Last edited:
I just received an interview invite yesterday after being on hold since October! Don't lose hope ! 🙂