You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Indiana University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
FIRST II JUST NOW!!!!!! Oh my goodness, I just jumped around the room like a crazy person. I am so excited.![]()
When did you get your complete email? Congrats!!
Thanks! I got the complete email July 9th. I'm OOS, by the way.When did you get your complete email? Congrats!!
Also, be really sure of the campus at which you want to interview. I selected one, then changed my mind, but the field wasn't modifiable. I called and asked to change it, but they wouldn't. Looks like I'm stuck... oh well. Just so excited to have an interview at all. 🙂
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes, and I still do.For the people who also had an II, does your application portal have exclamation marks next to the letters status?
i saw a U.S. news data for 2012-2013 that says 286 get interviews and 186 get in for OOS, but MSAR 2014 says 544 get II FOR OOS. anyone know why these numbers are so different???
Just trying to wage acceptance rate for those with II OOS. for IS, almost everyone gets in...lucky butts!
Just trying to wage acceptance rate for those with II OOS. for IS, almost everyone gets in...lucky butts!
Thanks! I got the complete email July 9th. I'm OOS, by the way.
Also, be really sure of the campus at which you want to interview. I selected one, then changed my mind, but the field wasn't modifiable. I called and asked to change it, but they wouldn't. Looks like I'm stuck... oh well. Just so excited to have an interview at all. 🙂
Congrats! Did you say you have ties? Or are just from a neighboring state? Trying to figure out what my chances are for an II
No real ties, but yes, I'm from a neighboring state. 🙂Congrats! Did you say you have ties? Or are just from a neighboring state? Trying to figure out what my chances are for an II
No real ties, but yes, I'm from a neighboring state. 🙂
Okay good! Me too. Did you send them a letter or anything stating your "ties"?
Okay cool. I'm just being neurotic. I emailed them and they said that it'll take them 4-6 weeks to process as they stated in their email.Yes, and I still do.
There is no secondary until you get an II. Even then there are no real essays to write.does Indiana send out secondaries to OOSers..?
No, but my primary has an EC that largely took place in Indiana and spanned many weeks. That's basically it though. I really can't claim ties to the state.Okay good! Me too. Did you send them a letter or anything stating your "ties"?
No, but my primary has an EC that largely took place in Indiana and spanned many weeks. That's basically it though. I really can't claim ties to the state.
Okay thanks! I guess we will see what happens. Fingers crossed!
I don't think so. I think they send that to everyone and then decided whether or not to cut you after taking a look at your appIs the application receipt notification their way of saying you survived the OOS cut?
And congratulations to those with IIs!
Got the email confirmation 6/23. Waiting on my (probable) rejection.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got the email confirmation 6/23. Waiting on my (probable) rejection.
They really sent them out that early? I didn't even think AMCAS released our information until the 27th or something.
Yea it's different. Indiana will specifically tell you they have your app.Sorry I already asked this but for clarification: When you guys say confirmation email that's different than the application receipt email?
Yea it's different. Indiana will specifically tell you they have your app.
so there's another email after the one that says "Indiana University School of Medicine Office of Admissions has received your AMCAS application. If you are invited for an interview, you will be sent information regarding next steps in approximately 4-6 weeks. We encourage you to check your email frequently. Thank you for considering IUSM for your medical education." ?
No, after that email it's either II or rejection I believeso there's another email after the one that says "Indiana University School of Medicine Office of Admissions has received your AMCAS application. If you are invited for an interview, you will be sent information regarding next steps in approximately 4-6 weeks. We encourage you to check your email frequently. Thank you for considering IUSM for your medical education." ?
No, after that email it's either II or rejection I believe
Thank you!
So got an II this morning!.... So I am on the portal and can select my preferred campus but there are no dates to select for an campus. It just says your preferred campus has been selected. Do you select the day you interview on the application page? Or do they send you the date you interview?
congrats! May I ask when you were complete? Also, you are IS or OOS?So got an II this morning!.... So I am on the portal and can select my preferred campus but there are no dates to select for an campus. It just says your preferred campus has been selected. Do you select the day you interview on the application page? Or do they send you the date you interview?
congrats! when did you receive the initial e-mail from them?So got an II this morning!.... So I am on the portal and can select my preferred campus but there are no dates to select for an campus. It just says your preferred campus has been selected. Do you select the day you interview on the application page? Or do they send you the date you interview?
They will send you a dateSo got an II this morning!.... So I am on the portal and can select my preferred campus but there are no dates to select for an campus. It just says your preferred campus has been selected. Do you select the day you interview on the application page? Or do they send you the date you interview?
II! First email received 7-24.
IS, 30, 4.0 (Master's degree), a fair amount of EC (research, clinical experience, a little bit of shadowing).
IS, 30, 4.0 (Master's degree), a fair amount of EC (research, clinical experience, a little bit of shadowing).
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is getting an ii as an IS applicant easy here?
Is getting an ii as an IS applicant easy here?
Last cycle, 78% of IS applicants got an interview.
Does IU send out II's before receiving MCAT scores? My AMCAS application will be verified in the next couple weeks but my MCAT score won't be out until several weeks after IU gets my application.
I have absolutely no idea how well I did on my MCAT, considering I had Bronchitis while taking it. Applying as an in-state resident, 3.72 cGPA, 3.65 sGPA, 3 years research in Biology and Pediatric Genetics, Clinical Investigator on 2 Gynecologic Oncology studies, 3 publications, tons of EC's, and come from an economically disadvantaged background.
I have absolutely no idea how well I did on my MCAT, considering I had Bronchitis while taking it. Applying as an in-state resident, 3.72 cGPA, 3.65 sGPA, 3 years research in Biology and Pediatric Genetics, Clinical Investigator on 2 Gynecologic Oncology studies, 3 publications, tons of EC's, and come from an economically disadvantaged background.
No school will do that. Your application is not complete without an MCAT score and therefore you cannot receive an interview.Does IU send out II's before receiving MCAT scores? My AMCAS application will be verified in the next couple weeks but my MCAT score won't be out until several weeks after IU gets my application.
I have absolutely no idea how well I did on my MCAT, considering I had Bronchitis while taking it. Applying as an in-state resident, 3.72 cGPA, 3.65 sGPA, 3 years research in Biology and Pediatric Genetics, Clinical Investigator on 2 Gynecologic Oncology studies, 3 publications, tons of EC's, and come from an economically disadvantaged background.
Anyone know if IU considers math professors to be science for LOR's? Also, who should the personal letter be from? I have a doctor I shadowed who is writing one for me, and that should be a pretty good letter. However, I'm also having a supervisor from where I volunteered writing one for me, and I know that will be a really really strongly written in favor of me. But, since she is also a volunteer, there is no official letterhead or anything...
Ditto, but I got my first II so it is not as bad!Annnd rejected as well. PRimary app received notice - 7/11
applied only cause there were no secondary app haha. No state ties al atll
Ditto, but I got my first II so it is not as bad!
Congrats on your first II! I finally decided to send them an email asking if they want a letter detailing state ties today since none of mine are apparent through my application. I don't think I have high enough stats to get an II without giving the admissions committee some other compelling reason.
Your stats could be good enough! You seem to be well enough off.Congrats on your first II! I finally decided to send them an email asking if they want a letter detailing state ties today since none of mine are apparent through my application. I don't think I have high enough stats to get an II without giving the admissions committee some other compelling reason.
Your stats could be good enough! You seem to be well enough off.
Well my gpa is below their average, and I have seen people with stats better than mine getting rejected. I always try to hope for the best but prepare for the worst. I figure sending a letter could potentially help and at worst won't have any affect. We will see!
Your LizzyM score is only 2 points below mine and I still have hope 😉 you never know!Well my gpa is below their average, and I have seen people with stats better than mine getting rejected. I always try to hope for the best but prepare for the worst. I figure sending a letter could potentially help and at worst won't have any affect. We will see!
Your LizzyM score is only 2 points below mine and I still have hope 😉 you never know!
It's good to have hope! And since we haven't been rejected yet we definitely still have a chance!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When did you receive the complete email? They seem to be working on my day so i hope I hear soon!It's good to have hope! And since we haven't been rejected yet we definitely still have a chance!
Annnd rejected as well. PRimary app received notice - 7/11
applied only cause there were no secondary app haha. No state ties al atll
+1
When did you receive the complete email? They seem to be working on my day so i hope I hear soon!
I added them on July 10th and received the email July 21st, so hopefully I will be hearing soon as well. Good luck!
Crap. Rejected too- oh well this was a long shot with no ties to IN and lower stats!
Has anyone tried emailing the admissions office? I've sent two emails in the last few weeks, and they haven't responded.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K