2014-2015 Jefferson Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
DO NOT DO THAT. GET OUT OF THAT ASAP AND CLICK THE CLICK TO START SECONDARY TOWARDS THE TOP OF THE PAGE. I did that and it keeps you from submitting your secondary. Now I have to submit by snail mail.

Yeah that is very confusing, I don't know why they do it...
 
I just got this email:
cleardot.gif

"Dear Applicant,
If you have already submitted your secondary application we thank you and this email does NOT apply to you.
If you have “not” submitted your application, when you go to the website to enter it, please DO NOT click on “first time user account creation” as this will cause problems with the transmission since we already have your AMCAS application in our system.
Please follow these steps:
1. Enter your “Login ID:” and your “Pin”
2. DO NOT click on “first time user account creation”
3. Continue to follow the instructions on the email sent to you instructing you to submit the secondary application.
We appreciate your cooperation in this matter and we also thank you for applying to Sidney Kimmel Medical College.
Sincerely,
Office of Admissions
Sidney Kimmel Medical College"

This is the first email I've gotten from them. No invitation to complete the secondary, so I don't have a Login ID or PIN yet. Anyone else in the same situation? Think they're just jumping the gun, and I'll get the secondary later?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just got this email:
cleardot.gif

"Dear Applicant,
If you have already submitted your secondary application we thank you and this email does NOT apply to you.
If you have “not” submitted your application, when you go to the website to enter it, please DO NOT click on “first time user account creation” as this will cause problems with the transmission since we already have your AMCAS application in our system.
Please follow these steps:
1. Enter your “Login ID:” and your “Pin”
2. DO NOT click on “first time user account creation”
3. Continue to follow the instructions on the email sent to you instructing you to submit the secondary application.
We appreciate your cooperation in this matter and we also thank you for applying to Sidney Kimmel Medical College.
Sincerely,
Office of Admissions
Sidney Kimmel Medical College"

This is the first email I've gotten from them. No invitation to complete the secondary, so I don't have a Login ID or PIN yet. Anyone else in the same situation? Think they're just jumping the gun, and I'll get the secondary later?
Just got this too, I was all excited for a second.
 
DO NOT DO THAT. GET OUT OF THAT ASAP AND CLICK THE CLICK TO START SECONDARY TOWARDS THE TOP OF THE PAGE. I did that and it keeps you from submitting your secondary. Now I have to submit by snail mail.

Same thing happened to me. They also couldn't correct this, and so snail mail it is! The person I talked to at the admissions office was really nice though and said that they process the hard copy quickly once it gets there
 
I just got this email:
cleardot.gif

"Dear Applicant,
If you have already submitted your secondary application we thank you and this email does NOT apply to you.
If you have “not” submitted your application, when you go to the website to enter it, please DO NOT click on “first time user account creation” as this will cause problems with the transmission since we already have your AMCAS application in our system.
Please follow these steps:
1. Enter your “Login ID:” and your “Pin”
2. DO NOT click on “first time user account creation”
3. Continue to follow the instructions on the email sent to you instructing you to submit the secondary application.
We appreciate your cooperation in this matter and we also thank you for applying to Sidney Kimmel Medical College.
Sincerely,
Office of Admissions
Sidney Kimmel Medical College"

This is the first email I've gotten from them. No invitation to complete the secondary, so I don't have a Login ID or PIN yet. Anyone else in the same situation? Think they're just jumping the gun, and I'll get the secondary later?

Received the same email, and I inquired about it because I thought I'd missed out on their secondary as well! Their reply:

"Dear Applicant,

You will receive instructions on completing the secondary application within the next couple of weeks.
When you do, please do not create a new account, but follow the instructions on the email.


Thank you."

Hope that helps!
 
DO NOT DO THAT. GET OUT OF THAT ASAP AND CLICK THE CLICK TO START SECONDARY TOWARDS THE TOP OF THE PAGE. I did that and it keeps you from submitting your secondary. Now I have to submit by snail mail.
I'm at the drop down menu page and I haven't selected anything. Where is the "Click to start secondary"? I don't see it anywhere.
 
You want out of that menu I think. Although I never submitted so it may be too late for you too :/
 
You want out of that menu I think. Although I never submitted so it may be too late for you too :/
I did that too where it got to the screen but I didn't select anything. I saw the selection and thought it was off so I pressed back. I was eventually able to submit though?
 
I did that too where it got to the screen but I didn't select anything. I saw the selection and thought it was off so I pressed back. I was eventually able to submit though?
Maybe I actually selected something? I know I didn't submit though.
 
Got this email:
Dear Applicant,
If you have already submitted your secondary application we thank you and this email does NOT apply to you.

If you have “not” submitted your application, when you go to the website to enter it, please DO NOT click on “first time user account creation” as this will cause problems with the transmission since we already have your AMCAS application in our system.

Please follow these steps:

1. Enter your “Login ID:” and your “Pin”
2. DO NOT click on “first time user account creation”
3. Continue to follow the instructions on the email sent to you instructing you to submit the secondary application.

We appreciate your cooperation in this matter and we also thank you for applying to Sidney Kimmel Medical College.

Weird thing is that I haven't received a previous e-mail from them so I don't have a ID or "Pin." (yeah, I checked the spam)

Huh?????
 
Got this email:
Dear Applicant,
If you have already submitted your secondary application we thank you and this email does NOT apply to you.

If you have “not” submitted your application, when you go to the website to enter it, please DO NOT click on “first time user account creation” as this will cause problems with the transmission since we already have your AMCAS application in our system.

Please follow these steps:

1. Enter your “Login ID:” and your “Pin”
2. DO NOT click on “first time user account creation”
3. Continue to follow the instructions on the email sent to you instructing you to submit the secondary application.

We appreciate your cooperation in this matter and we also thank you for applying to Sidney Kimmel Medical College.

Weird thing is that I haven't received a previous e-mail from them so I don't have a ID or "Pin." (yeah, I checked the spam)

Huh?????

Got this as well. After emailing them, they called me and said they sent that out to prevent people from creating new accounts and that the "initial email" with the information needed for the secondary will be sent out soon... So once you get the "initial email" you can then look at the old email and say "wtf".
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
With a 3.39 and a 29 (10/8/11), I have a close to 0% chance right? Every part of my story seems to be echoed throughout the school and the opportunities.. This school seems so perfect..

Either way, Im submitting my secondary since I get FAP. Anyone know how to fix the formatting issue on the secondary optional essay?
 
Last edited:
So I think I hit first time account creation when I made my secondary thing on July 1st... and I paid and 'submitted' from that but I don't think it worked since I didn't get a confirmation email. Does this mean I have to mail it in? 🙁. I already paid, too... I sent them an email but I was wondering if anyone else was in this situation.
 
So I think I hit first time account creation when I made my secondary thing on July 1st... and I paid and 'submitted' from that but I don't think it worked since I didn't get a confirmation email. Does this mean I have to mail it in? 🙁. I already paid, too... I sent them an email but I was wondering if anyone else was in this situation.


I never got a confirmation email, but once I log in and click the "display secondary application status" tab, then it says that my payment was received, my AMCAS was received and my secondary was received and an Interview decision is pending review. So I figure that means that I'm complete and all is well. I would check on that!
 
I never got a confirmation email, but once I log in and click the "display secondary application status" tab, then it says that my payment was received, my AMCAS was received and my secondary was received and an Interview decision is pending review. So I figure that means that I'm complete and all is well. I would check on that!

Oh I was freaking out because I couldn't find the log in button but I realize I just had to hit Apply Now twice or something... Yeah it says the same thing for me. I emailed them asking if that's fine but my guess is that it is. Thanks!!
 
Oh I was freaking out because I couldn't find the log in button but I realize I just had to hit Apply Now twice or something... Yeah it says the same thing for me. I emailed them asking if that's fine but my guess is that it is. Thanks!!

Can you let us know what they tell you? This is where my application is right now too. I just want to make sure I actually am complete.
 
Can you let us know what they tell you? This is where my application is right now too. I just want to make sure I actually am complete.

Yeah, hopefully they respond though... I have a feeling they are getting flooded with emails :/.
 
ugh you're right :/ well until then no point in worrying I suppose

Agreed. The email sent today said not to worry if we already submitted our secondary and it's marked as received then we should just chill I think 😀
 
Just added Jefferson to my primary. 3.99, 33, OOS. I have a family member who went here back in the day who had a good experience with it and is very successful now.

Good luck to all!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
when you submit your secondary, do you get a confirmation email? after submitting mine, when i check the status of it, it says Secondary not received. has anyone else had this issue?
 
when you submit your secondary, do you get a confirmation email? after submitting mine, when i check the status of it, it says Secondary not received. has anyone else had this issue?


Same thing happened to me. I took a few days, but eventually it turned to secondary received.
 
Hey guys, I submitted my secondary just now. I returned to the site after payment and under Application Preference it says "Not Entered."
Is it like that for you guys?
 
Hey guys, I submitted my secondary just now. I returned to the site after payment and under Application Preference it says "Not Entered."
Is it like that for you guys?

Yes, it's the same as we discussed above. It will take a little bit, and then everything will be marked as submitted, payment and secondary.
 
Just another plug for those that didn't see when I posted earlier... I'm an MS2 at Jefferson and would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have. I'm heavily involved in the admissions process (tour guide and student interviewer) as well as JeffHOPE. Feel free to post here or to PM me.
 
their secondary app user interface is so 2008. It's full of bugs. They need to update. Maybe they can use some of that $110 million from Mr. Kimmel to create a new website.
 
So did anyone get an error upon submitting?

"Failed to execute target procedure. blah blah blah"?
 
Really want to apply here, but worried about getting screened/rejected because of my MCAT scores.. 27 (11/6/10) and 32 (12/8/12). I know they average, but do you think they'll add some weight on my higher (and more recent) score since it's a considerable improvement??
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad