-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Meharry Medical College Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I submitted my secondary a month ago but I only received the complete email on Monday. Do you think I might hear back about my application soon?
Well let me tell you patience will be tested...I submitted my secondary a month ago but I only received the complete email on Monday. Do you think I might hear back about my application soon?
I've been complete since july, still nothing from them ... good nor bad. It could be my application it's self or it could be they are just swamped. To reiterate for everyone applying here, HANG IN THERE!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
took a month to receive a complete email or a month to receive the secondary in order to complete it?Complete today, took about a month. They must be swamped with apps.
wait .. ..is there another email besides the -I submitted my secondary a month ago but I only received the complete email on Monday. Do you think I might hear back about my application soon?
"thank you for completing your online application. this e-mail confirms that you have successfully submitted your form..." email?
wait .. ..is there another email besides the -
"thank you for completing your online application. this e-mail confirms that you have successfully submitted your form..." email?
yes. The email you quoted was sent to me a month ago when I submitted the secondary. I received a complete email this monday. However I had asked meharry several times through phone and email if I was complete which is why they probably sent me a special complete email.
Don't worry, most applicants only get the first email, the one you quoted.
This is what the complete email reads like:
Dear Applicant:
On behalf of the School of Medicine Admissions Committee, we wish to thank you for the time and effort taken in submitting your application for admission to the School of Medicine at Meharry Medical College.
We are writing to acknowledge receipt of your verified AMCAS application including MCAT scores, Meharry Medical College Supplemental Application, and letters of recommendation. Your application is now complete and is ready to be forwarded to the Admissions Committee for final review and interview consideration.
Please allow up to six weeks for review. You will receive written communication indicating the Admissions Committee's decision. There is no need to contact the Office of Admissions and Recruitment until the Admissions Committee's review is complete as this seriously delays the process.
Thank you for your interest in Meharry Medical College.
Office of Admissions and Recruitment
Meharry Medical College
Dear Applicant:
On behalf of the School of Medicine Admissions Committee, we wish to thank you for the time and effort taken in submitting your application for admission to the School of Medicine at Meharry Medical College.
We are writing to acknowledge receipt of your verified AMCAS application including MCAT scores, Meharry Medical College Supplemental Application, and letters of recommendation. Your application is now complete and is ready to be forwarded to the Admissions Committee for final review and interview consideration.
Please allow up to six weeks for review. You will receive written communication indicating the Admissions Committee's decision. There is no need to contact the Office of Admissions and Recruitment until the Admissions Committee's review is complete as this seriously delays the process.
Thank you for your interest in Meharry Medical College.
Office of Admissions and Recruitment
Meharry Medical College
Has it been exactly 6 weeks?i received the application complete email 6 weeks ago but haven't heard back since then. Hopefully come week 7 I will get an update!
Has it been exactly 6 weeks?[/QUOTE said:Well actually, tomorrow will be the end of the 7th week! Will prob call soon
M1 here. Hope you're application process is going smoothly. I will be brief because studying for block exams is no joke! just to answer the question on how the days are laid out: The days starts at 8AM, but it can start at 7AM for those who want to go to an anatomy review held every Tuesday and Thursday before class. The first class is molecular biology, biochemistry, and genetics all integrated into one course. This is every day. On MWF, we have gross anatomy/embryology at 10AM. Every day, we get an hour lunch, and 9 times out of 10, there is a meeting going on offering some insight and free food. After lunch, it's either more gross lecture, or going down into the lab. On TR, we have principles/practice of medicine from 10AM-usually 3PM. The days are long, and you have to keep up with the dissections, which will probably have you in the lab until 5PM if you get out of class at 3 PM, but as long as you stay on top of them by going into lab at least 2hours/day, you'll be fine. It's a ton of work, but it's soooo doable! Exams are cumulative because life and learning how to be a doctor are cumulative, but it will definitely help out on subject boards and help with studying for step 1.
Dress code: they say there is one, buttttttttt it's only mandatory for the dents. During the first few weeks, dress appropriately and professionally, but once the semester starts, the only reason to dress up would be to go to shadowing sites.
Gonna go back to studying. Feel free to comment/ask questions. I will try to respond Tuesday evening. Thanks!
Dress code: they say there is one, buttttttttt it's only mandatory for the dents. During the first few weeks, dress appropriately and professionally, but once the semester starts, the only reason to dress up would be to go to shadowing sites.
Gonna go back to studying. Feel free to comment/ask questions. I will try to respond Tuesday evening. Thanks!
Thank you @Anjie! That is a lot of great info. Good luck on your exams!
Has anyone had success in contacting the admissions office via phone? If so, which number did you use?
6153276000
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I haven't received a complete email, is it necessary for an II?
II Earlier today!!!i'm officially overwhelmed with interviews, dont know if i can afford to attend, but i'm so happy regardless! recieved secondary on the 1st of august
II Today as well!!! 5th one of the cycle!. Lord knows I'm attending EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM. Unless my bank account runs dry 🙂
II here too!
Hey! Have any of you guys had your interviews yet? If so how did it go and how many other applicants did you interview with? If not, when are you scheduled?
Also again, congratulations! 🙂
I interviewed on the 6th. The interview went well. It was really laid back. No tricky questions, just the usual interview stuffs. There were two interview groups, morning and afternoon. There was atleast 20 to 30 of us total. When we arrived in the morning, we had a brief introduction from the interim Dean I believe, and then went straight to interviews. Its a one on one interview with only one interviewer. Then afterwards we had an overview of the school by some guy (dont remember who he is or his name) and then a brief financial aid presentation. The tour came next. I was alittle disappointed with the tour because we didnt get to see much really. (I.e Anatomy Lab, simulation lab, fitness center, etc). And then we were broken up into groups to have lunch with one student each who answered any and every question we had about the school. We (my group) were done by about 1pm. I would say that overall, the people are nice and it was a stress free day. They told us the admissions committee meets today, so we should hear something by Friday or next week. Keeping fingers crossed, and goodluck to those yet to interview!Hey! Have any of you guys had your interviews yet? If so how did it go and how many other applicants did you interview with? If not, when are you scheduled?
Thanks for that update! I'm a bit perplexed b/c I basically turned my 2ndary in days after I got it on August 5 and all docs were there but I wasn't considered complete until October 7. I was under the impression I was complete that whole time? I'm glad to hear about the previous II, and hope they will send a bunch more soon!
Yes, thanks so much for the update! Hopefully the interviews keep coming!
^ I just got that email as well. My heart sunk when I got a notification from them on Yahoo Mail.
Patience.
Patience.
Haha, we should let them take their time. They have a lot of sorting and reading to do. Compassion my friends, medical school admissions is a large responsibility and shouldn't be rushed. 🙂
Hi guys,
Is the following email mean that my application has been put on hold(reviewed and waiting for more applications to come in?) or they just haven't gotten to my app and they are sending this out to calm us all down.
I think its the latter but getting really paranoid.
Dear Applicant,
On behalf of the School of Medicine Admissions Committee, I wish to thank you for the time and effort taking in submitting your application for admission to the School of Medicine at Meharry Medical College.
Please be advised that your file is currently under review. Due to the unusually large volume of applications that we are receiving for the 2015 Admissions cycle, there has been and will be a slight delay in the processing.
Thank you again for applying and you can be assured that once processing of your file is complete, written communication will be sent to you.
Allyson F. Fleming, Ed.D.
Interim Director, Admissions and Recruitment
Meharry Medial College
Is the following email mean that my application has been put on hold(reviewed and waiting for more applications to come in?) or they just haven't gotten to my app and they are sending this out to calm us all down.
I think its the latter but getting really paranoid.
Dear Applicant,
On behalf of the School of Medicine Admissions Committee, I wish to thank you for the time and effort taking in submitting your application for admission to the School of Medicine at Meharry Medical College.
Please be advised that your file is currently under review. Due to the unusually large volume of applications that we are receiving for the 2015 Admissions cycle, there has been and will be a slight delay in the processing.
Thank you again for applying and you can be assured that once processing of your file is complete, written communication will be sent to you.
Allyson F. Fleming, Ed.D.
Interim Director, Admissions and Recruitment
Meharry Medial College
+1 exact same feeling^ I just got that email as well. My heart sunk when I got a notification from them on Yahoo Mail.
Patience.
Interview Invite just now!
Absolutely ecstatic!
Can I ask when you were complete?
and congrats by the way!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II just before 2pm PST. God is good. A wave of emotions this past few weeks. Lost my father to pancreatic cancer a couple of weeks ago and now two II in as much time.
Last edited:
Did you all ever receive an application complete email or just:Interview invite for me as well. I was completed on 9/06/14. So exciting!!!!
Thank you for completing your online application! This e-mail confirms that you have successfully submitted your form.
Your file will be complete when Admissions has received all of the required admissions documents.
To verify that your form data has been sent, received, and confirmed, click on the listing for the institution under "Submitted forms" in your Personal Activity Page at:
Got the complete email today although I thought I was complete back in Sept.
Got the complete email today although I thought I was complete back in Sept.
Same here
I got my "complete and under review" email last week, 10/6/14, and I submitted my secondary 8/6/14. I'm getting so nervous and I feel like I didn't make the cut 

No secondary yet from Meharry which makes me really sad. I got an email late July saying that they'll wait for my new score which came out 09/09. But its obviously been >5weeks. Any ideas on what I should do?
You might want to call and make sure they have your score. Anything over a 20 on the mcat should get you a secondary.No secondary yet from Meharry which makes me really sad. I got an email late July saying that they'll wait for my new score which came out 09/09. But its obviously been >5weeks. Any ideas on what I should do?
II just before 2pm PST. God is good. A wave of emotions this past few weeks. Lost my father to pancreatic cancer a couple of weeks ago and now two II in as much time.
Congrats!!! ans sorry to hear about your father! You're definitely making him proud!!!
I got my "complete and under review" email last week, 10/6/14, and I submitted my secondary 8/6/14. I'm getting so nervous and I feel like I didn't make the cut![]()
I received my secondary application on 09/15, I submitted on 09/16, and got my completion email 10/15.
I know it has to be a heck of a lot of organizing going on there. Normally these offices are relatively small, so just getting file organized, and to the appropriate reviewer can be a daunting task. Then the individual reviewing your application has a time frame till a decision has to be made (e.g, like 2-3 weeks). So in reality you application may just be sitting around for a while until he/she gets to it. Since they have more applications this year the wait seems to be a lot longer then prior years. I am trying to be patient. They seem to be picking up the pace though lol....
Meharry seems to be more efficient in reference to timeline (If they have one lol), and normally seem to give decision fairly quick compared to others (No shade).
Thank you for the comforting words. I believe they are swamped. It's just with this whole medical school application process it's very easy to slip into panic mode... good luck everyone!I received my secondary application on 09/15, I submitted on 09/16, and got my completion email 10/15.
I know it has to be a heck of a lot of organizing going on there. Normally these offices are relatively small, so just getting file organized, and to the appropriate reviewer can be a daunting task. Then the individual reviewing your application has a time frame till a decision has to be made (e.g, like 2-3 weeks). So in reality you application may just be sitting around for a while until he/she gets to it. Since they have more applications this year the wait seems to be a lot longer then prior years. I am trying to be patient. They seem to be picking up the pace though lol....
Meharry seems to be more efficient in reference to timeline (If they have one lol), and normally seem to give decision fairly quick compared to others (No shade).
Keep the faith guys. Just remember that there are a TON of students applying to medical school. I had my II in the spring and got accepted a month before classes started, so don't fret! Just relax, take it easy, and enjoy the time that you have before you begin the journey of medical school. It is a lot of work, but you'll love every bit of it. There are no days off once you start the first day of classes because you have to start building your resume even further for potential residencies and jobs via research, involvement, networking, etc.
Secondary submitted: 9/12
"Application Complete" email received: 10/17
The email also says to allow up to 6 weeks for review and interview consideration. Based on other posts, it seems like the timeframe for your app to make it to the complete status is about between 4- 6 weeks.
"Application Complete" email received: 10/17
The email also says to allow up to 6 weeks for review and interview consideration. Based on other posts, it seems like the timeframe for your app to make it to the complete status is about between 4- 6 weeks.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey! I got my II email on the 15th!!! wohooo! I wanted to know if anyone who has already interviewed stayed at the suggested Hampton hotel for Interview day. It seems like the easier route with the provided shuttle, but there are better priced hotels around. Just want some advice. Thanks!
I stayed at the Hampton, the shuttle is very convenient and it is free, the hotel also has a really good free breakfast! It's really up to you though!Hey! I got my II email on the 15th!!! wohooo! I wanted to know if anyone who has already interviewed stayed at the suggested Hampton hotel for Interview day. It seems like the easier route with the provided shuttle, but there are better priced hotels around. Just want some advice. Thanks!



i'm officially overwhelmed with interviews, dont know if i can afford to attend, but i'm so happy regardless! recieved secondary on the 1st of august
. Lord knows I'm attending EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM. Unless my bank account runs dry