You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Michigan State University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congratulations! IS or OOS? Stats?II just now!!
So I guess I'm interviewing here
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm assuming you guys found out by email. When were you complete?
II today, too!
Silly question though, the email says follow the link for interview day paperwork... I have searched the site that it links to but can not find any forms! Am I missing something or do I just need more coffee and better glasses?
Silly question though, the email says follow the link for interview day paperwork... I have searched the site that it links to but can not find any forms! Am I missing something or do I just need more coffee and better glasses?
II just now!!
I'm guessing you guys with interviews are regular applicants, not early decision-ers?
I'm guessing you guys with interviews are regular applicants, not early decision-ers?
Nevermind. II an hour ago. LizzyM: 71-75!
Edit: In State.
Last edited:
Congrats to all of you who have received IIs...very exciting!
What does "LizzyM" mean?
MCAT + (GPA x 10) = LizzyM score
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
can't access my msar... is msu an october 15 acceptance school?
any OOS interviews? 🙂 can't decide if I should apply to this school
II JUST NOW! First one! IS, submitted secondary 07/24/14! PM me if you have further questions!
First II of the season for me as well! Woot woot!
In-State
LizzyM ~67
Secondary Submitted 7/28/14
Good luck y'all!
II today as well! IS Submitted 7/29/14
Congrats all! Looks like the majority of II's are IS. Any OOS individuals with an II?
I was forwarded for preliminary review on 7/15. Safe to assume they just glossed over my app for now?
II just now! I'm OOS with strong in-state ties. I honestly can't believe this right now. Complete 7/20
I think right now its only IS applicants they are really focusing on (or OOS with very strong ties). I wouldn't worry too much if you're IS either as it's truly just the beginning, and they probably have many sub-committees (or some other structure) where applicants don't necessarily get looked at in chronological order.I was forwarded for preliminary review on 7/15. Safe to assume they just glossed over my app for now?
Last edited:
I think right now its only IS applicants they are really focusing on (or OOS with very strong ties). I would worry too much if you're IS either as it's truly just the beginning, and they probably have many sub-committees (or some other structure) where applicants don't necessarily get looked at in chronological order.
I am IS lol, but low MCAT. Just gonna have to be patient.
OOS INTERVIEW INVITE!! 🙂 I love this school so much. Little to no ties to state of Michigan (but this is my second interview in the state!)
For anyone else interviewing in Grand Rapids on 9/26:
Art Prize (a really popular art festival) occurs that week and hotel rooms are selling out for the week. I would recommend booking a room as soon as possible!!
Art Prize (a really popular art festival) occurs that week and hotel rooms are selling out for the week. I would recommend booking a room as soon as possible!!
For anyone else interviewing in Grand Rapids on 9/26:
Art Prize (a really popular art festival) occurs that week and hotel rooms are selling out for the week. I would recommend booking a room as soon as possible!!
Good advice. Also, Art Prize is amazing. If you have a chance to check it out, you absolutely should. I may be free to take a group around downtown if there is interest. It's a very fun place to explore.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
H
HabisY
OOS INTERVIEW INVITE!! 🙂 I love this school so much. Little to no ties to state of Michigan (but this is my second interview in the state!)
Mind sharing your stats?
Which GPA, science or cumulative ?MCAT + (GPA x 10) = LizzyM score
Took the plunge! Just submitted my secondary...hoping for some California love 
Mdapplicants.comAny one mind sharing their stats that got interviews? Trying to see what kids stats I need for this school. I hope to apply next cycle
Got an email from MSUCHM this morning and freaked out. Turned out to be just some survey that you can volunteer to fill out. 
S
Sc1entific
I wondered if that terrified anyone else!
I got that too lol... then I was like fml its just a survey.
+1I got that too lol... then I was like fml its just a survey.
+1
Last edited:
Are you In-state applicant?I'm actually hoping to get in here, since I'm doing my undergrad there and I love it. I have a 3.85 GPA and a 26 MCAT, the mcat may kill me but I have some decent LORs (I think), 240h nursing home experience, 140h of shadowing 2 doctors, and Im currently working at a research lab. I submitted my II like a week and half ago, so hopefully they give me some love.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah in state non URMAre you In-state applicant?
H
HabisY
They're pretty unreceptive to additional communication, but I would just try to email them if it's something substantial.