2014-2015 Michigan State University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ahhh me too still under review. Guess it's another week wait for me.... Its what I was expecting anyways 🙂 were you is or OOS?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hang in there guys...

I recently added this school. Can anyone fill me in on how long it takes to receive the secondary?
 
Anyone else nervous/excited for the committee to meet tomorrow? I hope I hear back from them this week--a month 'til the next admission decision release date is so long!!! Fingers crossed for those of you guys/gals also waiting to hear back after your interviews 🙂
 
I'm definitely going to be (un)patiently checking my phone too... I have open lab with my anatomy students from 6-8pm--they're all rooting for me though so I'm sure they won't mind if I leave my phone on tonight. 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Alternate list 🙁 any idea how much movement is usually seen for OOS?

I'm sorry to hear that. Did they call or email? I still haven't heard anything... 🙁

I bet the alternate list moves a lot though. They interview around 5oo students for a class of 190... You'd think they have to accept quite a bit extra.
 
I'm sorry to hear that. Did they call or email? I still haven't heard anything... 🙁

I bet the alternate list moves a lot though. They interview around 5oo students for a class of 190... You'd think they have to accept quite a bit extra.

You can also send update letters if your waitlisted to let them know you're interested and if you've had any changes to your app to make you more competitive!!
 
I'm sorry to hear that. Did they call or email? I still haven't heard anything... 🙁

I bet the alternate list moves a lot though. They interview around 5oo students for a class of 190... You'd think they have to accept quite a bit extra.
Thanks. They emailed. Definitely planning on sending an update at the end of the semester. Hoping there will be lots of movement because of high oos tuition.Of course I'm bummed because I wasn't accepted, but at least I wasn't rejected and I am still waiting to hear back from several other interviews. Hopefully with happier news. Best of luck to everyone still waiting to hear!
 
Does any one know where I can find the "The CHM Interview Day web page has detailed information about your interview day, and a link to the required Interview Day Paperwork form."

I can't find it on the link they provided.
 
Would it be a bad idea to send an update letter here pre-interview? ( I just got my first-author paper published )
My file has been put on hold about a month ago.
 
Would it be a bad idea to send an update letter here pre-interview? ( I just got my first-author paper published )
My file has been put on hold about a month ago.

Yes, they don't accept updates prior to interviewing. You can only send updates after you've interviewed if you get put on the alternate list.

Edit: Congrats on getting published though!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I keep checking this forum to see who is receiving II's. I also have one, and will go here in a heartbeat if I get accepted. To think that we could be possible colleagues this time next year is cray cray. 😉