You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 New York Medical College Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
applying here... have my fingers crossed🙂
also applying here 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Applying IS!
Applying IS! Good luck everyone!

Applying IS! Can't wait for this one!!!
Applying here OOS.
Applying here OOS.
Pressing "watch thread" on each thread you want to follow is more effective than replying the same sentence on each.
Does anyone know just how strict they are on LORs? I'm missing one UG science prof letter that they request according to the website and I don't know if I can substitute it for another letter from a graduate prof or physician?
I would try giving them a call. Seemed to work for people last cycle that had LOR questions
Applied OOS.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm pretty sure that there are no essays for NYMC secondary
I really like the location of NYMC. My significant other works in Stamford, CT and we were hoping to keep living together next year. NYMC is only 20 minutes away making it a GREAT location. However, the more I look into NYMC, the less I seem to like this school. It could also be because the school of medicine website is horrible and has little information. Could any current med students comment on what drew them to NYMC/ what they really like about the school? I really want to love the place. Is there anything NYMC has to offer that other schools don't? How does the school handle such a large class (around 200 students each year, if I remember correctly)? How is the curriculum structure? Are the faculty and staff supportive? Are there any resources for studying for the USMLEs?
thank you in advance for any input!!
thank you in advance for any input!!
+2 🙁I really like the location of NYMC. My significant other works in Stamford, CT and we were hoping to keep living together next year. NYMC is only 20 minutes away making it a GREAT location. However, the more I look into NYMC, the less I seem to like this school. It could also be because the school of medicine website is horrible and has little information. Could any current med students comment on what drew them to NYMC/ what they really like about the school? I really want to love the place. Is there anything NYMC has to offer that other schools don't? How does the school handle such a large class (around 200 students each year, if I remember correctly)? How is the curriculum structure? Are the faculty and staff supportive? Are there any resources for studying for the USMLEs?
thank you in advance for any input!!
I felt a sharp pain when I read "and costs 120" 🙁Secondary received. No essays all biographical info takes 2 minutes and costs 120.
I felt a sharp pain when I read "and costs 120" 🙁
I wonder how accepting they are ... I mean no essays quick secondary .. wonder if they just want your money.
According to MSAR they send secondaries to all applicants... Of course they do🙄is there a pre-secondary screen?
Secondary received as well!
Applying OOS; my application just got processed today, but I don't hear about my MCAT scores till the 15th or earlier... guess we'll see.
+1 drinking from a fire hydrant and it isn't even ms1 yet!No secondary yet but not complaining, I'm drowning in them!
Nothing here either yet!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey for those of you that submitted the secondary, and checked your status on their website, does it say that you've actually submitted your secondary? cause mine just says
A unique LOGIN ID and PASSWORD was sent to the email address listed on your AMCAS application in order for you to complete the NYMC Secondary Application.
even though i pressed submit and everything
EDIT: NEVER MIND. the title of the status page says secondary completed hahaha
A unique LOGIN ID and PASSWORD was sent to the email address listed on your AMCAS application in order for you to complete the NYMC Secondary Application.
even though i pressed submit and everything
EDIT: NEVER MIND. the title of the status page says secondary completed hahaha
hey for those of you that submitted the secondary, and checked your status on their website, does it say that you've actually submitted your secondary? cause mine just says
A unique LOGIN ID and PASSWORD was sent to the email address listed on your AMCAS application in order for you to complete the NYMC Secondary Application.
even though i pressed submit and everything
EDIT: NEVER MIND. the title of the status page says secondary completed hahaha
When did you receive the secondary? Did anyone else?
I was verified the first day and have above avg stats....
When did you receive the secondary? Did anyone else?
I was verified the first day and have above avg stats....
I received the secondary last night, around 10 pm-- also verified the first day. I think it's just coming out in random batches, I'm sure you will get it soon!
I received the secondary last night, around 10 pm-- also verified the first day. I think it's just coming out in random batches, I'm sure you will get it soon!
Thanks! that's so funny that they sent it last night, it being a holiday and all...
It is in all likelihood an automated system that sends out groups of apps every few hours or so.Thanks! that's so funny that they sent it last night, it being a holiday and all...
It is in all likelihood an automated system that sends out groups of apps every few hours or so.
Lol yeah probably. Honestly I don't mind it not being here yet. I work full time and also didn't pre-write because I was an idiot and paying the price now. Bah. Oh well. Trying to finish the batch I have now before next week's batch comes in...
I received the secondary July 2nd and I just submitted my app on July 1st so they are definitely just sending it out in random batches because I'm not even verified yet.When did you receive the secondary? Did anyone else?
I was verified the first day and have above avg stats....
Well good news is NYMC doesn't have any essays on their secondary so this will be an easy one for you!Lol yeah probably. Honestly I don't mind it not being here yet. I work full time and also didn't pre-write because I was an idiot and paying the price now. Bah. Oh well. Trying to finish the batch I have now before next week's batch comes in...
Well good news is NYMC doesn't have any essays on their secondary so this will be an easy one for you!
Sir, you have made my day.
Hi everyone. I am an incoming MS-1 (in wow 1 month from now). So while I can't help you so much now about being a student there I will try to check back in during the semester. I actually received a very late interview (5/8) and accepted next day so while it is n=1, know that it is possible even late in the game. Any other questions feel free to PM me, otherwise good luck everyone!
Hi everyone. I am an incoming MS-1 (in wow 1 month from now). So while I can't help you so much now about being a student there I will try to check back in during the semester. I actually received a very late interview (5/8) and accepted next day so while it is n=1, know that it is possible even late in the game. Any other questions feel free to PM me, otherwise good luck everyone!
congrats on your acceptance! it gives me hope!
Just received a secondary today. I'm a little bit confused about their letter requirements. Do I enter in my committee letter for both my undergrad and graduate committee letters?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
still waiting for secondary 🙁
Me too! YOU ARE NOT ALONE! I'm here for you!

i got the secondary yesterday, submitted it 20 minutes laterAccording to MSAR they send secondaries to all applicants... Of course they do🙄
AMCAS didn't even get my transcript until this morning (FINALLY ready for review 7/8...sigh), so definitely no screenings lolz
If you're using FAP to waive the secondary fee are you able to actually submit the secondary right away? Or do you have to wait for them to process your email notifying them that you're using that as your payment? I'm not seeing an option to submit on the payment page, but I already emailed them
