2014-2015 Oakland University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those of you who care about this sort of thing:

Beaumont was ranked the #1 hospital in the state of Michigan by USNWR. Ranked nationally in 10 specialties including top 10 in Orthopedics.
---

Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak is nationally ranked in the following 10 medical specialties in the 2014-15 lists released today:

  • Cardiology & Heart Surgery - #25 in U.S. (#1 in Michigan)

  • Diabetes & Endocrinology - #16 in U.S. (#1 in Michigan)

  • Gastroenterology & GI Surgery - #20 in U.S. (#1 in Michigan)

  • Geriatrics - #24 in U.S. (#1 in Michigan)

  • Gynecology - #44 in U.S.

  • Nephrology (Kidney) - #37 in U.S.

  • Neurology & Neurosurgery - #35 in U.S.

  • Orthopedics - #9 in U.S. (#1 in Michigan)

  • Pulmonology - #22 in U.S.

  • Urology - #42 in U.S.
 
So I've been "put on hold for further consideration". Is that a nice way of saying no interview?

... for now. I think it's pretty common for schools to do this and it's not really a bad thing. It means you're in the running and they want to see how the game plays out before making a decision.
 
So I've been "put on hold for further consideration". Is that a nice way of saying no interview?
... for now. I think it's pretty common for schools to do this and it's not really a bad thing. It means you're in the running and they want to see how the game plays out before making a decision.

Exactly. They are handing out rejections as well, so you're not completely done.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not sure the date since the site doesn't say and I didn't get an e-mail saying complete, but I submitted the secondary on 6/30 and my letters and everything were already received by AMCAS.

Interesting. I submitted on 7/3 so I am assuming I will hear back by late next week 🙂
 
I submitted 6/28 and still haven't heard anything - bad or good sign? 😕
Not sure :S .... my assumption is that they are looking at the applications chronologically and if thats the case then at least no news is better than bad news.
 
I know that Oakland suggests we submit the secondary within two weeks. However, I submitted in 2.5 weeks because of some personal reasons that prevented me from working on applications. This shouldn't be a big deal, considering that there is no hard deadline, right?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know that Oakland suggests we submit the secondary within two weeks. However, I submitted in 2.5 weeks because of some personal reasons that prevented me from working on applications. This shouldn't be a big deal, considering that there is no hard deadline, right?

I mean, obviously with rolling admissions, the sooner the better. Having said that, they're not going to throw you out because it took you an extra couple of days. If you had waited months and months....well they might question your intentions, then. 😀
 
I mean, obviously with rolling admissions, the sooner the better. Having said that, they're not going to throw you out because it took you an extra couple of days. If you had waited months and months....well they might question your intentions, then. 😀

Thanks. I sent them an email regarding the slight delay of 2-3 days and explained my reason. They thanked me for letting them know.

Having said that, how am I holding up with a 3.6/3.3 and 35?
 
Thanks. I sent them an email regarding the slight delay of 2-3 days and explained my reason. They thanked me for letting them know.

Having said that, how am I holding up with a 3.6/3.3 and 35?

I'm applying with 3.6+/3.5+ and 32. Complete on 6/29, haven't heard anything yet. I'm not sure how they select who gets an interview, but I've already seen some people with numbers higher than mine receive post-secondary rejections. :holds breath:
 
All these II are making me nervous. I sent in my application on 7/9 and haven't heard anything yet. But I feel that in a couple weeks I should be hearing back.
 
I just wanted to make sure. I have a class that fulfill the recommended course but i need another one. Would history and political science count as social science that will go under social behavioral sciences recommendation?
 
I'm applying with 3.6+/3.5+ and 32. Complete on 6/29, haven't heard anything yet. I'm not sure how they select who gets an interview, but I've already seen some people with numbers higher than mine receive post-secondary rejections. :holds breath:

3.5/33, complete on 6/30, and I have yet to hear anything either
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad