2014-2015 Oakland University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You'll probably have a while to wait since they're still only on applications that were submitted on the 4th unfortunately
I submitted the 4th- what makes you think this? I assume it's based on when the entire application was complete, not primary submission dates.
 
It does't seem to be based strictly on date. I was complete the 28th and haven't heard anything. It could be because I sent an update on the 10th with corrections to my AMCAS but that doesn't explain everyone else's lack of communication.
 
Did you guys receive an email saying you were complete?

No, I didn't. I got an email when my supplemental application was submitted on 6/29, which included guidelines as to what else would be needed for me to be complete. Then radio silence until today when I got my II. I wouldn't stress too much if you don't hear from them for a while. They'll let you know when they make a decision!
 
No, I didn't. I got an email when my supplemental application was submitted on 6/29, which included guidelines as to what else would be needed for me to be complete. Then radio silence until today when I got my II. I wouldn't stress too much if you don't hear from them for a while. They'll let you know when they make a decision!

Thanks. Congrats on the II!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
From their twitter page today: @OUWBAdmissions

Does this mean that they read apps twice before offering an interview, hold, or rejection - or they read it once, make a decision (ie. put an app on hold), and then re-read the app to make an ultimate decision?
 
Does anyone know how long it can be before an "on hold" file is reviewed again? Do they wait till much later on in the cycle?
 
Just got the hold email. 3.6 / 31. Does anyone know if a lot of people get pulled off hold for ii?

Edit: complete 7/2 give or take a day
 
is that all I am to you?
jk i have LM >70 and completed very early.

For anyone who has scheduled an interview already... do you have a schedule for the day yet? I am just looking to know when the interview day plans to wrap up so that I can pick the best date possible for me
haha sorry for the brevity! Congrats!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
is that all I am to you?
jk i have LM >70 and completed very early.

For anyone who has scheduled an interview already... do you have a schedule for the day yet? I am just looking to know when the interview day plans to wrap up so that I can pick the best date possible for me
They send you a confirmation with those instructions. But, you can also go on their website and check this out 🙂.
 
is that all I am to you?
jk i have LM >70 and completed very early.

For anyone who has scheduled an interview already... do you have a schedule for the day yet? I am just looking to know when the interview day plans to wrap up so that I can pick the best date possible for me
Go to the secondary portal and schedule your date there. There's not that much info for interview day besides the schedule and travel info, but I suppose that's similar to all other schools.
 
is that all I am to you?
jk i have LM >70 and completed very early.

For anyone who has scheduled an interview already... do you have a schedule for the day yet? I am just looking to know when the interview day plans to wrap up so that I can pick the best date possible for me

Its a full day thing. Arrival at 8am and concludes at 5pm (4:15 if you skip the optional tour)