You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Oakland University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Condolences. When were you complete?Rejected today! OOS, 33+, 3.7+ Thought I had a good chance here, but apparently not! Good luck to those still in the running!
Sorry to hear that! when were you complete?Rejected today! OOS, 33+, 3.7+ Thought I had a good chance here, but apparently not! Good luck to those still in the running!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Right around 7/12. Looks like they made quick work of my app! This school is definitely not about the numbers, hang in there everyone!Sorry to hear that! when were you complete?
So for this school this is their first class in fall 2015 right?
4th I believe. https://www.oakland.edu/?id=30237&sid=340
5th since the class entering 2015 will be the 2019 class. That link shows the classes of 2015, 16, and 17. 2018 starts this fall.4th I believe. https://www.oakland.edu/?id=30237&sid=340
Is it too early to send them an update letter/letter of interest? I submitted 7/2 had haven't heard anything from them
I left the second prompt blank becuase I didn't have anything extra to add to my secondary but recently realized that I do have something to add. Wondering if I should send this as an Update/Interest letter
I left the second prompt blank becuase I didn't have anything extra to add to my secondary but recently realized that I do have something to add. Wondering if I should send this as an Update/Interest letter
Yeah its a tad too early. I'd wait a couple weeks.Is it too early to send them an update letter/letter of interest? I submitted 7/2 had haven't heard anything from them
I left the second prompt blank becuase I didn't have anything extra to add to my secondary but recently realized that I do have something to add. Wondering if I should send this as an Update/Interest letter
I picked one activity that I have been involved for over 4 years and twisted that to answer the prompt. Its personal and I wrote about what I did and what I learned about myself while doing that and summed it up by writing how it affected my communityany suggestion as in how to approach the 1st prompt, "What have you done to make your community a better place?" without repeating what I wrote in PS and work/activity entries?
Got this message today:
"Dear Applicant,
We are excited you chose to apply to the Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science. At this time, your application remains under consideration with the Admissions Committee. This means you are in the pool of applicants who may be invited to interview with The Chicago Medical School. However, this does not guarantee an invitation and you may be invited to interview or declined an interview at anytime during the admissions process. We thank you for your patience and understanding throughout this process. If you have any specific questions, please feel free to contact the Office of Admissions and Recruitment.
The Chicago Medical School is interviewing from September- April, with invitations being sent out via email. Please note additional information or letters of intent may not be submitted until an invitation to interview has been extended. Please let us know if you have any further questions.
Regards,"
Have the first wave of Interviews been sent out?
"Dear Applicant,
We are excited you chose to apply to the Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science. At this time, your application remains under consideration with the Admissions Committee. This means you are in the pool of applicants who may be invited to interview with The Chicago Medical School. However, this does not guarantee an invitation and you may be invited to interview or declined an interview at anytime during the admissions process. We thank you for your patience and understanding throughout this process. If you have any specific questions, please feel free to contact the Office of Admissions and Recruitment.
The Chicago Medical School is interviewing from September- April, with invitations being sent out via email. Please note additional information or letters of intent may not be submitted until an invitation to interview has been extended. Please let us know if you have any further questions.
Regards,"
Have the first wave of Interviews been sent out?
Lol wrong thread.Got this message today:
"Dear Applicant,
We are excited you chose to apply to the Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science. At this time, your application remains under consideration with the Admissions Committee. This means you are in the pool of applicants who may be invited to interview with The Chicago Medical School. However, this does not guarantee an invitation and you may be invited to interview or declined an interview at anytime during the admissions process. We thank you for your patience and understanding throughout this process. If you have any specific questions, please feel free to contact the Office of Admissions and Recruitment.
The Chicago Medical School is interviewing from September- April, with invitations being sent out via email. Please note additional information or letters of intent may not be submitted until an invitation to interview has been extended. Please let us know if you have any further questions.
Regards,"
Have the first wave of Interviews been sent out?
Lol wrong thread.
Happy for you nonetheless, dr.0ne
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got an II! Scheduled it for 8/29, completed secondary 6/30
Is anyone else going on over a month with no response?
Congrats rollerbladin! Stats if you don't mind?
Over a month! Submitted on the 28th.Is anyone else going on over a month with no response?
Ugh.Over a month! Submitted on the 28th.
Oh yeah, complete status 6/30.
Congrats rollerbladin! Stats if you don't mind?
Thanks! My stats are:
OOS 3.8+cGPA, 3.9+ sGPA, 28 MCAT, very unique research + EC's
Happy for you rollerbladdin, but when I got my ii, no august dates were available, got my ii 08/01, had to sign up for September slot. Does Oakland provide ii by a priority basis?
Happy for you, but when I got my ii, no august dates were available, got my ii 08/01, had to sign up for September slot. Does Oakland provide ii by a priority basis?
My guess is maybe someone rescheduled from the time since you made your interview to when I made mine (a little under an hour ago)? I had the option of August 29 and I believe Friday's in September.
Happy for you, but when I got my ii, no august dates were available, got my ii 08/01, had to sign up for September slot. Does Oakland provide ii by a priority basis?
I'm sure earlier interview dates fill first. I had a late August option.
EDIT: I misunderstood. Someone probably just rescheduled.
Same here, haven't heard back from any schools.Is anyone else going on over a month with no response?
Ur probably right thanks!My guess is maybe someone rescheduled from the time since you made your interview to when I made mine (a little under an hour ago)? I had the option of August 29 and I believe Friday's in September.
Me neither, this sucks.Same here, haven't heard back from any schools.
I was complete on 7/2 and still no news. Anyone else on the same boat?
me! its making me so nervous
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
me too! I was about to schedule mine for 8/29, but it seemed to prompt!Just got an II! Scheduled it for 8/29, completed secondary 6/30
Thanks! My stats are:
OOS 3.8+cGPA, 3.9+ sGPA, 28 MCAT, very unique research + EC's
Congrats!!! Just curious..how can research be unique? you mean you have a publication?
I was verified yesterday but have not received a secondary for this school...do they screen? I would think my stats would have made it if they do (3.97/31) but I am a Canadian applicant so i don't know if that changes anything.
I was verified yesterday but have not received a secondary for this school...do they screen? I would think my stats would have made it if they do (3.97/31) but I am a Canadian applicant so i don't know if that changes anything.
I doubt they screen. I was verified on July 30th and received a secondary on July 31st. I'm Canadian as well.
Hmm I wonder if it is just the volume of apps then or if I should contact them? Maybe wait until tomorrow?
I doubt they screen. I was verified on July 30th and received a secondary on July 31st. I'm Canadian as well.
High five to a fellow Canadian. Best of luck!
Congrats! I'd love it if they would tell me my fate...II! First one of the season 🙂 OOS complete 7/7. LizzieM >75
To those interviewing at OUWB or current students who are here:
How are you all getting from the airport to OUWB? Their recommended method is through shuttles, and one of the shuttle service requested that I pay 137 for a round-trip service--which is reasonable--but they want me to pay it all at the first ride instead of separate payments for the before and after interview rides. This is concerning to me, because, what guarantees they'll come back and get me? What do you all suggest/take?
How are you all getting from the airport to OUWB? Their recommended method is through shuttles, and one of the shuttle service requested that I pay 137 for a round-trip service--which is reasonable--but they want me to pay it all at the first ride instead of separate payments for the before and after interview rides. This is concerning to me, because, what guarantees they'll come back and get me? What do you all suggest/take?
wouldn't you be able to rent a car at the airport cheaper than that? (I'm assuming you're flying into detroit?)To those interviewing at OUWB or current students who are here:
How are you all getting from the airport to OUWB? Their recommended method is through shuttles, and one of the shuttle service requested that I pay 137 for a round-trip service--which is reasonable--but they want me to pay it all at the first ride instead of separate payments for the before and after interview rides. This is concerning to me, because, what guarantees they'll come back and get me? What do you all suggest/take?
Yeah, but I've never driven in another city like that lol kinda scared.wouldn't you be able to rent a car at the airport cheaper than that? (I'm assuming you're flying into detroit?)
Haha understandable, but the airport isn't really that close to downtown Detroit. You'd basically get right on the highway all the way to Oakland and avoid Detroit. Save some money!Yeah, but I've never driven in another city like that lol kinda scared.
I'm taking a car from the airport. I just feel more comfortable driving you know what I mean? I am bringing a friend with me so that they can drop me off and then explore the area for a while as I am interviewing. If you can find someone willing to make the trip with u do it, makes life so much easier. If not try to find people who are also taking round trip shuttle, I doubt they would ditch everyone like that or no one would use their service in future.To those interviewing at OUWB or current students who are here:
How are you all getting from the airport to OUWB? Their recommended method is through shuttles, and one of the shuttle service requested that I pay 137 for a round-trip service--which is reasonable--but they want me to pay it all at the first ride instead of separate payments for the before and after interview rides. This is concerning to me, because, what guarantees they'll come back and get me? What do you all suggest/take?
GPS is ur friend!Yeah, but I've never driven in another city like that lol kinda scared.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah, but I've never driven in another city like that lol kinda scared.
Dude, it's all interstate freeways from the airport to OU. Pretty hard for you to screw up. The Detroit metro area is not a warzone, contrary to popular belief.
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/DTW...e994efb06dc14099!2m2!1d-83.215783!2d42.672979
Ouch. First post secondary rejection.
(Complete 7/8, 3.5/30, non URM, extensive shadowing and meaningful volunteer work, 3 publications)
(Complete 7/8, 3.5/30, non URM, extensive shadowing and meaningful volunteer work, 3 publications)
Last edited:
Ouch. Sorry @Pedsmdplease I know how you're feeling with other schools I applied to. Best of luck elsewhere this cycle!
Ouch. Sorry @Pedsmdplease I know how you're feeling with other schools I applied to. Best of luck elsewhere this cycle!
Thanks @stickshifthonda you too! Just need to get that first II and I'll feel much better...
Ouch. First post secondary rejection.
(Complete 7/8, 3.5/30, non URM, extensive shadowing and meaningful volunteer work, 3 publications)
Sorry to hear that! you have a solid application I am sure you will get in somewhere else! I know the feeling my email has been on radio silent this whole cycle.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K