Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
About $100.I've seen some people talking about hotels. What kind of prices are people paying?
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
About $100.I've seen some people talking about hotels. What kind of prices are people paying?
The Tulane rate at the Holliday Inn is $95 M-Th and $115 F-Sun (at least the week I am interviewing).I've seen some people talking about hotels. What kind of prices are people paying?
Complete 8/10. got a pre-interview rejection last week.
🙁
thats what i think...my friend was offered an interview in mid-august....earliest date available was january. like what?!Bummer. I wonder if they are just really close to (or finished) filling up all the interview slots and are being extra-selective at this point. I guess we'll all know soon enough. Best of luck with remaining apps though.
In case this has not been mentioned before, or you just sorta don't pay attention to some emails, I HIGHLY suggest that any ladies that plan on wearing heels make sure that they either
1) are comfortable for a decent amount of walking
or
2) bring some flats
you will be walking around a bit (may not be as much as some huge state universities, but our buildings are spread out) and the last thing we want is you all to get achy and tired. The tour is at the end of the day and is a decent amount of walking and is about 1.5 hours so just a heads up.
cheers!
Tour is after interviews and it's the last part of the day? Will definitely bring flats if so, thanks for the heads up 🙂
I was complete the day before and after seeing on their admissions portal that they only interview until February I think you're probably right in that we were too late. Have our fingers crossed for both of us though! I know they're rejecting a lot of people with stellar stats but it seems like this is a school that really takes a holistic view to the app.Yeahhh, I was complete on 9/8/14 and haven't heard anything since. But I feel like this ship has pretty much already sailed.
I was complete the day before and after seeing on their admissions portal that they only interview until February I think you're probably right in that we were too late. Have our fingers crossed for both of us though! I know they're rejecting a lot of people with stellar stats but it seems like this is a school that really takes a holistic view to the app.
Thanks for the pep talk! This whole process has been difficult to deal with and has made focusing in class/studying quite difficult. I almost wet myself every time my phone vibrates thinking it may be an email about an interview.For what it's worth, I really wouldn't start reading into this. The application cycle is weird and unpredictable for everyone. I personally sat in the "application complete" pile for a solid couple of months with Tulane and didn't get my interview invite until late October. I interviewed in early February and was accepted less than 2 weeks later (saying this before people jump on the "spring interviews are for wait list spots" bandwagon.. which, again, is so very false).
Be patient and try to avoid attempting to predict things like this - it'll only add more stress to your plate!
February interviews at Tulane are the best. Of me and 5 other interviewees I kept in touch with that day, 5/6 of us were accepted. Decisions came like right away.For what it's worth, I really wouldn't start reading into this. The application cycle is weird and unpredictable for everyone. I personally sat in the "application complete" pile for a solid couple of months with Tulane and didn't get my interview invite until late October. I interviewed in early February and was accepted less than 2 weeks later (saying this before people jump on the "spring interviews are for wait list spots" bandwagon.. which, again, is so very false).
Be patient and try to avoid attempting to predict things like this - it'll only add more stress to your plate!
My amcas app was verified June 30th.Check out this map of the campus:
http://tulane.edu/som/admissions/interview/upload/New-Health-Sciences-Center-Map-Revision-2.pdf
Presentations - Murphy - #9
Standardized patient - Poydras - #12
Faculty interview - Hutchinson/Murphy/Poydras - #1/9/12
Student interview over lunch - Hutchinson - #1
Tour - Hutchinson to Hospital to Murphy - #1 to #2 to #9
Clearly I don't want to be studying right now...
The student interview was also in Murphy!Actually this year we had to change things up. Student interviews are in Murphy and the tour now leaves from Murphy. We also skip the hospital now and try to show the interviewees the new one being built that they will get to use.
I've seen some people talking about hotels. What kind of prices are people paying?
No you can't really prepare. You are actually only doing it for 10 minutes. But I found it super fun actually!I have an interview here soon. Can anyone tell me a little bit about this "Standardized Patient" exercise? Do I have to prepare for it? I get it's for about 1/2 hour and that I act out being a physician, but was I supposed to prepare for this? Thank you!
I have an interview here soon. Can anyone tell me a little bit about this "Standardized Patient" exercise? Do I have to prepare for it? I get it's for about 1/2 hour and that I act out being a physician, but was I supposed to prepare for this? Thank you!
There were snacks. Not a full breakfast though.Also, do they serve breakfast because it's so early in the morning? My last interview did and I was super happy 🙂
Thanks @SomedaySoonMM
I have an interview here soon. Can anyone tell me a little bit about this "Standardized Patient" exercise? Do I have to prepare for it? I get it's for about 1/2 hour and that I act out being a physician, but was I supposed to prepare for this? Thank you!
Rejection :/
Posted using SDN Mobile
Complete date?
Ahh, I've been complete since 7/29 and nothing yet!
Use a taxi if you are with one other person or more, otherwise you can book a shuttle for $18 one way. If you can split a taxi then it'd be $14 per person.Any suggestions for transportation between the airpot and the Holiday Inn?
When I booked a shuttle, they took $2 off the return trip if I made the return reservation at the same time.Use a taxi if you are with one other person or more, otherwise you can book a shuttle for $18 one way. If you can split a taxi then it'd be $14 per person.
Because you can't pull yourself away from the "music" long enough to eat?This One Direction concert is making it hard to get food...
Loved this school and interview! Believe the hype: there is NO NEED to stress about this interview.
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.