2014-2015 University of California - San Francisco Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does UCSF give any scholarship money? I got all loans and will probably withdraw by the end of the day.

There is some small merit scholarship that I think is 25k over 4 years or something like that. Otherwise it's primarily need based aid.

Members don't see this ad.

I heard via email - subject was something along the lines of "status update".

I was accepted off the wait list in March and I got an email with the subject line 'UCSF School of Medicine--status update' or something along those lines. There was also a new tab in my portal titled 'Offer'.

Best of luck to all those still waiting!!!!!!!!

Does anyone know if any movement happened yesterday? By the looks of this thread it doesn't seem so.

Members don't see this ad :)
Never thought this day would come, but I finally received an offer of acceptance to UCSF today via email. Absolutely ecstatic and cannot wait to start here in the Fall!

For those who want to know, I interviewed in October and was waitlisted in early January.

Reactions: 3 users
Never thought this day would come, but I finally received an offer of acceptance to UCSF today via email. Absolutely ecstatic and cannot wait to start here in the Fall!

For those who want to know, I interviewed in October and was waitlisted in early January.

Congratulations! When did you hear btw?

Congrats!! Here is to more acceptances hopefully coming in soon!!!

I cant help but wonder if taking people off the waitlist this year will happen more gradually because of the earlier decision deadline. I anticipated seeing movement on the first, or at least a deluge when the first movement happened. Best of luck to both you and @mdhopeful 2014!

I was just accepted last night from the alternate list via email!! I was not expecting to hear anything until after the May 31 deadline, when the list should really start moving. I am thrilled and keeping my fingers crossed for the rest of you waiting! (Interviewed in February)

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats to those accepted! Did you happen to send a LOI or update prior to hearing back? Wondering if this helps our chances at all.

When you talked to the admissions office, did you happen to hear if them taking people off the WL would be a gradual thing- like it would happen all this week, or perhaps it was just yesterday that they would release decisions?

Nope, did not ask about that...but I should have! Why don't you go ahead and ask them? I feel like I have pestered them enough in the past weeks with questions on waitlist and additional recommendation letters...

Members don't see this ad :)
Was just accepted off the waitlist! Never thought this was even possible. Can't wait to see you all in San Francisco!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys, does anyone know when white coat ceremony will be? I'm having trouble finding it online or in any of my packets...

Hey guys, does anyone know when white coat ceremony will be? I'm having trouble finding it online or in any of my packets...

At ASW, one of the current MS1s told a group of us that it should be the Friday following orientation - so possibly 9/4?

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats to the ones just accepted! But...only 3 so far...What is going on?! Have they extended enough offers already or haven't had a chance to really tackle the waitlist situation yet???

When I called prior to getting accepted they told me the class was full and need to wait for people to drop if they would at all. Just FYI and good luck.

Then I guess it's time to pay tuition deposit at school who accepted me. Thanks!!

Any wait list hopefuls preparing for the next cycle? It doesn't seem that the bulk movement of the wait list has happened yet.. or perhaps people either aren't posting or maybe they're just aren't any seats! Trying not to lose hope yet, but June is right around the corner...

Any wait list hopefuls preparing for the next cycle? It doesn't seem that the bulk movement of the wait list has happened yet.. or perhaps people either aren't posting or maybe they're just aren't any seats! Trying not to lose hope yet, but June is right around the corner...

There have been a handful of recent admits from the WL according to the facebook group.

There have been a handful of recent admits from the WL according to the facebook group.
Thanks for the info, C@lidoc

I wonder if that means most of the movement has already happened. I hope not. Other schools seem to have a rhythm to their lists, like every Friday a new batch of acceptances, or something like that, but I haven't seen that with UCSF. I have heard that the UCSF wait list is a good place to be, but I wonder if it is getting too late!

Thanks for the info, C@lidoc

I wonder if that means most of the movement has already happened. I hope not. Other schools seem to have a rhythm to their lists, like every Friday a new batch of acceptances, or something like that, but I haven't seen that with UCSF. I have heard that the UCSF wait list is a good place to be, but I wonder if it is getting too late!

I think it varies every year. Just depends on students getting accepted to other schools off their WL. I think a lot of students, if I remember, were heavily considering schools like Hopkins, Pritzker, Columbia. So who knows. I hope you get off the WL!

http://giphy.com/gifs/excited-ron-paul-its-happening-rl0FOxdz7CcxO

AHHHHHHHHHHHH! EXCELSIOR!

I had thought there was no chance of hearing good news after May had passed, so I am so ridiculously elated right now. This is my dream school. I do not think this news has fully sunken in yet. Does anyone have a spare defibrillator?

I know the feeling -- I was preparing my new application until like 4 AM last night.. but this just happened to me today too!!

See you in August!

Also, took me a while to find the FB group, but here it is: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1503464076567108/

Reactions: 1 users