2014-2015 University of Central Florida Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
IF your status is HFI, we are still evaluating LOR's, so we'll should catch it when we complete the eval. Once we evaluate letters, if we are missing something your status will be two numbers separated by a slash (3/1). First number means faculty letters, second means character/peer letters (so this example means a character letter is missing). Of course if all of the letters are there we will complete your file and send you an email noting your complete file.

Do we update our app by turning the character letter in through AMCAS?

Members don't see this ad.

Applying here IS. 3.5 cGPA 3.33 sGPA 30 (11/9/10) MCAT. Great LOR's/ EC's. Hope I have a shot :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Also applying here. OOS 4.0 GPA, 29 MCAT, strong family connection to the Orlando area. Hope to get an interview and acceptance here.

Reactions: 1 users
EFI today! Was complete on 7/16. Hoping and praying for an II.

EFI today! This is of my top choices so hoping for an II!

Reactions: 4 users
EFI today also, re-applicant so I'm hoping for a better outcome this time around!

EFI! Complete on 7/12. So excited. Come on UCF!

Reactions: 1 user
EFI! Complete 7/15, You made my day REL!

Wooooo! Congrats on the EFI surge! As per last year's thread, IIs began on August 14th. Here's to hoping we only have a 2 week (or less) wait! :luck:

I love the transparency and frequent feedback UCF has provided on our apps. Wish all schools incorporated this sort of "II small pool" step into their process.

EFI aswell! Crossing my fingers!

Members don't see this ad :)
Finally got to EFI! Complete 7/16

Last edited:
From the looks of things, it takes about 15 days on the money to be EFI after submitting. I submitted 7/22 so hopefully they will get to me soon. Good luck everyone!

From the looks of things, it takes about 15 days on the money to be EFI after submitting. I submitted 7/22 so hopefully they will get to me soon. Good luck everyone!
Just a heads up, the ~15 days seems to start after you receive the complete email. I got my complete email about 7 days after submitting, but they may be slowing down as they get more apps in.

EFI after being complete on 7/20! So cool! Hoping with all my heart for an II!

What % of those with EFI tend to actually get interviewed? Sorry if already asked.

My current status shows "LOR 0/0". What does that mean? I got the complete email yesterday meaning my letters are in right?

My current status shows "LOR 0/0". What does that mean? I got the complete email yesterday meaning my letters are in right?
Apparently that means you have no letters in... so idk how you got a complete email. I had the same thing but I had LOR 3/1 which meant I had a character letter missing. I turned it in and now it says being reviewed.

Apparently that means you have no letters in... so idk how you got a complete email. I had the same thing but I had LOR 3/1 which meant I had a character letter missing. I turned it in and now it says being reviewed.

I am confused too. My letters were uploaded to AMCAS this week. So I guess the have to do the manual sorting of the LORs and associate it to my application. idk why I got the complete email though. :shrug:

Incoming m1 email of you have any questions! Ucf is an amazing achool! As I'm meeting my classmates we are truly not a cookie cutter class! I have heard our class average is 27! We have many family's, people who did research, volunteers, so many different undergrads, Ucf truly looks for a variety of people! Rel is the most amazing guy and I truly happy with the decision I made! Pm me for any questions! I'd be glad to help

27 is average MCAT or age?

Sorry our class age is 27
While there are several older students in the class that will enter on Monday the age range is 21-40. It was my impression that this class would be older than past classes that uniformily averaged 24.8. Our charter class averaged 24.7. I did the math early this week and was absolutely stunned to find that this entering class age is also 24.7. Several are in their 30's with some great experiences, but they are balanced by an equal number of 21's and a large number of 22's.

I am confused too. My letters were uploaded to AMCAS this week. So I guess the have to do the manual sorting of the LORs and associate it to my application. idk why I got the complete email though. :shrug:
If your status if 0/0 it should also be acompanied by a definition that no letters have been made available to us yet. Sometimes it means that they have not yet been uploaded, it may also mean that the applicant has not marked these letters to be released to our program. You can go into your letters portion of AMCAS to check this out. You should not have received a file complete email if your file status is 0/0. Please email [email protected] for assistance if needed.

While there are several older students in the class that will enter on Monday the age range is 21-40. It was my impression that this class would be older than past classes that uniformily averaged 24.8. Our charter class averaged 24.7. I did the math early this week and was absolutely stunned to find that this entering class age is also 24.7. Several are in their 30's with some great experiences, but they are balanced by an equal number of 21's and a large number of 22's.
Oh sorry rel! I had heard this from other students! No matter what our class is awesome!

Thank you for clarifying! Hey REL, are there any up to date class averages for accepted students?

Thanks!

If your status if 0/0 it should also be acompanied by a definition that no letters have been made available to us yet. Sometimes it means that they have not yet been uploaded, it may also mean that the applicant has not marked these letters to be released to our program. You can go into your letters portion of AMCAS to check this out. You should not have received a file complete email if your file status is 0/0. Please email [email protected] for assistance if needed.

It was LOR 0/o until last night but I checked again this morning and my status has been updated to file under review. Thanks for you suggestion. Hoping to hear good news soon!

Thank you for clarifying! Hey REL, are there any up to date class averages for accepted students?

Thanks!

The averages are boringly consistent with past entering classes which have been one of the strongest in the state since the beginning. We are in the process of updating the web site with the most current data. You can probably check there in the next week or two.

Hi, REL, I just had a question regarding LORs. I'm a little bit of a non-trad and re-applying, but I'm sending 2 LORs from my grad school science faculty, whom I still have fairly good communication with. However, for the 3rd LOR, I don't know any non-science faculty at my grad program, and I graduated from my BS more than 4 years ago. I know we can send a letter from a supervisor instead. Does it matter what type of work the supervisor letter comes from? I had a research job shortly after graduating from my MS, but I moved to Orlando afterwards, and have only had customer service type jobs since. It's the only letter I'm missing to complete my LORs for UCF.

I'm so excited to apply here!! Hopefully I'll get in this time around! Good luck to everyone!

Hi, REL, I just had a question regarding LORs. I'm a little bit of a non-trad and re-applying, but I'm sending 2 LORs from my grad school science faculty, whom I still have fairly good communication with. However, for the 3rd LOR, I don't know any non-science faculty at my grad program, and I graduated from my BS more than 4 years ago. I know we can send a letter from a supervisor instead. Does it matter what type of work the supervisor letter comes from? I had a research job shortly after graduating from my MS, but I moved to Orlando afterwards, and have only had customer service type jobs since. It's the only letter I'm missing to complete my LORs for UCF.

I'm so excited to apply here!! Hopefully I'll get in this time around! Good luck to everyone!
The answer was yes for me, but you need to do an official email to [email protected] just to cover your bases IMO.

II today! got a call and was incredibly excited to be given this chance! Long time lurker, but made an account to let you all know the invites seem to have begun here. I was complete 7/21/14.
IS, 3.99 gpa, 41 mcat.

Reactions: 4 users
II today! got a call and was incredibly excited to be given this chance! Long time lurker, but made an account to let you all know the invites seem to have begun here. I was complete 7/21/14.
IS, 3.99 gpa, 41 mcat.

Wowzers. It must have been the personal statement right? Lol, congratulations on the II and welcome to SDN!

Last edited:
IS, 3.99 gpa, 41 mcat.

Congratulations!! How long was your app on EFI before you got the call?
Also welcome to SDN:)

II today as well. Very excited. I was complete on 7/10.

I do not know how long I was in EFI status - didn't even know that I was in EFI status until I heard from UCF today. Sorry that's a lame answer, but I've just been busy w/ other 2ndaries (I think y'all understand).

Here are my stats: 5.2 GPA and a 48 MCAT. Seriously.

Reactions: 7 users
I was complete 7/22 but am still "File Complete - Ready for Review." Anyone else get to EFI for this complete date yet?

I was complete 7/22 but am still "File Complete - Ready for Review." Anyone else get to EFI for this complete date yet?
dw about it, they have alot of applications to look over and its early in the interview season!

EFI today!! woot woot!

when were you complete??
I was complete 7/12/14. I spoke with someone in the admissions office and they said they had a record number of applications this year, so I guess no one worry if it seems like it takes awhile for your status to update

Hi REL,

I checked the 2013-2014 thread and noticed that you call students for an II. I am currently out of the country...would I receive an email if that is the case?

Thank you!! :)

Hi REL,

I checked the 2013-2014 thread and noticed that you call students for an II. I am currently out of the country...would I receive an email if that is the case?

Thank you!! :)

You will receive an email asking for you to call back as soon as possible