2014-2015 University of Central Florida Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah? good since our stats are identical lol.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just became EFI!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 users
Whats the consensus on AORTA? Good vs. Bad, Small Pool vs. Hold???

Whats the consensus on AORTA? Good vs. Bad, Small Pool vs. Hold???

Good. It's the same thing as EFI. It's like a small pool but not actually small. You have to be in it to get an interview, but I think only 1/3 of people in it are granted interviews.

Good. It's the same thing as EFI. It's like a small pool but not actually small. You have to be in it to get an interview, but I think only 1/3 of people in it are granted interviews.

What do you mean by not actually small?

AORTA EFI selection- got my tube ready for the pool!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
It seems like everyone is getting EFI (which is great!), I have yet to see someone say that they received "not competitive."

Members don't see this ad :)
Recently got an II; just want to take a moment to applaud UCF's admissions office, as it is definitely one of the best. :love: I am utterly thrilled for my interview and cannot wait to meet the people here.

The attention to detail here is exceptional... interviews offered via phone call, hosting programs already lined up, shuttle service to and from the airport? Good job, UCF. *slow clap* I may have blubbered a little bit on the phone too... wasn't expecting an II here, but quite pleasantly surprised.

Good luck to all those awaiting decisions! :luck:

Reactions: 5 users
Are you IS or OOS? Congrats on the II, way to go!

hellanutella, isnt your MCAT score like, amazing though? lol

hellanutella, isnt your MCAT score like, amazing though? lol

Yes, but Florida is a very tough nut to crack coming OOS. ;) I think UCF is only ~20% OOS?
Hope get some UCF love once your letters come in!

for the question regarding if I have shadowed anyone new, should I mention that I have shadowed a neurosurgeon.....who happens to be a DO? lol

for the question regarding if I have shadowed anyone new, should I mention that I have shadowed a neurosurgeon.....who happens to be a DO? lol

Of course!

Hi @REL ! If I was EFI before my updated MCAT score came in, will it be added onto my file automatically or should I call to verify?

Hi @REL ! If I was EFI before my updated MCAT score came in, will it be added onto my file automatically or should I call to verify?

Yes, MCAT scores are automatically added to AMCAS when made available. Now if you edited your AMCAS to project the future MCAT date, we will find it easily. If you didnt, we do go over every MCAT roster and should find it in a day or two.

My EFI status that I received about 3 weeks ago disappeared. Now I have no status. Has this happened to anyone else?

My EFI status that I received about 3 weeks ago disappeared. Now I have no status. Has this happened to anyone else?

So the site refreshes every four hours on the even hours of 4, 8, and 12. (Ex: from 4:00-4:10 the status indicator may be "lost" but will return.)

I submitted my secondary on 8/15 and assigned my letters to UCF in the beginning of August, but my status has been "LOR 0/0
Supplemental complete, awaiting LORs" for almost a week now.. Does anybody know if this means that they are still evaluating my letters or if there is something wrong with my letters?

I submitted my secondary on 8/15 and assigned my letters to UCF in the beginning of August, but my status has been "LOR 0/0
Supplemental complete, awaiting LORs" for almost a week now.. Does anybody know if this means that they are still evaluating my letters or if there is something wrong with my letters?

I was at 3/1 letters until today. My last letter was submitted this past Friday, so they're slowly updating everything. I would give it a couple more days

This is too long. Be sure that you have released your letters via AMCAS to this program. Send an email to [email protected] if they have been released to query status.

AORTA-EFI Today! Submitted 8/7. Hoping for better luck this cycle! Good luck everyone :)

Hey guys! I've read about the screening before sending out secondaries.

My MCAT scores are not in yet. They should be posted in 2-3 weeks. Could that be what's keeping me from getting a secondary invite? My gpa is definitely high enough.
I have not received my MCAT scores yet either; however, I did receive(and completed) their secondaries.

Got a call from a 786 number, is that an II? My phone said it was a Florida number.

So to be clear-I should've rec'd my secondary by now? I added this school 8/6 and still haven't rec'd the secondary (I've been waiting on my MCAT score)

So to be clear-I should've rec'd my secondary by now? I added this school 8/6 and still haven't rec'd the secondary (I've been waiting on my MCAT score)
They are waiting for your mcat score, they have a 24 minimum requirement. Once your score comes you should receive it in the next 1-3 days

submitted secondary earlier this week.....woo

If you receive a secondary before UCF receives your MCAT score is it just coincidental?

Congrats to II peeps! Not near as much noise as I expected over here. Well, REL, I am still in Orlando, feel free to call anytime. :)

Yes, but Florida is a very tough nut to crack coming OOS. ;) I think UCF is only ~20% OOS?
Hope get some UCF love once your letters come in!

Dude, be serious you have a 37+ mcat 11+ interviews, stop acting like the odds aren't totally in your favor. Your humbling bragging is salt in the eyes to most applicants who have way lower mcats, GPAs, and such and have to work way harder to "crack that nut". What you're doing is like Bill Gates saying he has trouble supporting himself financially and affording regular every day meals.

Reactions: 4 users
Dude, be serious you have a 37+ mcat 11+ interviews, stop acting like the odds aren't totally in your favor. Your humbling bragging is salt in the eyes to most applicants who have way lower mcats, GPAs, and such and have to work way harder to "crack that nut". What you're doing is like Bill Gates saying he has trouble supporting himself financially and affording regular every day meals.
My friend, relax. I'm sure she didn't mean anything like that. Hellanutella is one of the most supportive people on these boards and doesn't humble brag. The application process is extremely unpredictable and there are students with higher stats than her that are not even doing that well. No one is guaranteed an interview at any medical school no matter how high their stats are. With that said, it's always a pleasant surprise to get love from any school right? Whether someone has high stats or low stats, let's just be supportive of each other. Sending positive vibes to you and wishing you much success this cycle. Also, sending good vibes to everyone else here!

Hey, I'm really sorry you took my comment that way. :( What I'm trying to get as is that nothing is certain in this process, even with high stats. I do not take a single one of my IIs for granted and I certainly do not feel entitled to receive IIs at any of the schools I applied to.

Conversely, there are plenty of people on these boards with lower stats than I who are racking up IIs to schools that passed me over – and that's phenomenal. What we fail to see on these boards are the most important aspects of the application (experiences, distance travelled, hardships overcome, LORs, essays). Stats are merely one piece of the puzzle. Sometimes we use stats on these threads as a be-all-end-all metric, but they aren't.

That's why it is useless for people with high stats to begrudge schools for giving out IIs to people with lower stats and vice versa. UCF saw something they liked in my application and I am both surprised and humbled they did. They're a brilliant school with a unique mission – who would be surprised? As I've said before, this process is harrowing and emotionally-taxing... I truly do empathize with you all. If you really take offense to anything I have said on these threads please PM me. I don't want any hard feelings.

And thanks for the support @No Limits. Extra cookies for you.

Good luck to everyone on this thread. :luck: You are more than your LizzyM, despite what you may think!

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
It's been almost 2 weeks since I submitted my secondary..and I have all my letters in but my status is still "Hold for information" and that my secondary/LOR/and payment are missing even though everything is stamped as submitted on the dashboard. Should I go ahead and call? or wait it out until friday in case they're just backed up with all the apps

It's been almost 2 weeks since I submitted my secondary..and I have all my letters in but my status is still "Hold for information" and that my secondary/LOR/and payment are missing even though everything is stamped as submitted on the dashboard. Should I go ahead and call? or wait it out until friday in case they're just backed up with all the apps
They took a couple weeks at that for me. Upto you on the calling tho, it can't hurt.

They took a couple weeks at that for me. Upto you on the calling tho, it can't hurt.
It took about a week and a half for me too. They might be a little backed up from the holiday weekend, but I agree that calling wouldn't hurt especially if it will put you at ease.

Hi all, just wanted to drop in and say congratulations to everyone who has received a II so far! For everyone else still waiting, be patient please (trust me, I know it's hard ;p)! Interviews will only just be starting this month so there's plenty of time to get an invite.