-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Virginia Commonwealth University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I can't speak for anyone else, but I was complete 8/12/14 and still haven't gotten a status update.Has anyone that was complete around 8/14 been given a status update, or are they still in the July applications? I'd prefer to not read 27 pages of posts, although I'm sure the answer has already been posted.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i've been complete since 8/13 no status update tooHas anyone that was complete around 8/14 been given a status update, or are they still in the July applications? I'd prefer to not read 27 pages of posts, although I'm sure the answer has already been posted.
Been waiting to be prioritized since 7/21. Does anyone know if that's normal?
Been waiting to be prioritized since 7/21. Does anyone know if that's normal?
I was complete 7/13 and my status switched to forwarded to admissions committee like a week ago and then switched BACK to ur file is complete like two days ago...
I wonder if the fact that I answered the earlier incorrect prompt could possibly delay my processing.I was complete 7/13 and my status switched to forwarded to admissions committee like a week ago and then switched BACK to ur file is complete like two days ago...
Last edited:
No idea but I did the second promptI wonder if the fact that I answered the earlier incorrect prompt is a possible reason for delay.
I wonder if the fact that I answered the earlier incorrect prompt could possibly delay my processing.
This is not the case. I too answered the earlier, incorrect prompt and was interviewed a few weeks ago.
You are still within @BioEngMD's window of 8-12 weeks, so I don't think you have anything to worry about
+1 wondering tooFor people who've attended the interview:
Anyone received the post-interview "decision has been made" status? We were told that we'd get one ~10 days after. If so, could you share when you interview & when did you received the email?
Have you received the post-interview status change?This is not the case. I too answered the earlier, incorrect prompt and was interviewed a few weeks ago.
You are still within @BioEngMD's window of 8-12 weeks, so I don't think you have anything to worry about
My portal just has something about the Interview survey (which I think I completed right afterward). So, no?
I was never given a survey and mine still shows the interview invite screen 😵My portal just has something about the Interview survey (which I think I completed right afterward). So, no?
I was never given a survey and mine still shows the interview invite screen 😵
That's a bit strange, but I wouldn't worry until we get at least a week into October. It's another 3 weeks until they release any decisions so updating interviewees' portals probably isn't at the top of their priority list. Just my $0.02
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That makes sense. Thanks for your reassurance!That's a bit strange, but I wouldn't worry until we get at least a week into October. It's another 3 weeks until they release any decisions so updating interviewees' portals probably isn't at the top of their priority list. Just my $0.02
I got a status update but it just changed the screen with less wording and I'm still being forwarded to the admissions committee. When did this happen for most people? I was complete in July.. I thought!
That happened to me about 8 days after I submitted. Then it switched back to the "Complete" status with more words. Maybe it means they're starting to look at your file?
I just got this status change as well. I bet it means they're looking at the file.
Since it hasn't been posted in a short while:
Application Status:
1) "The Committee's file review indicates that they are very interested in your candidacy. There is another increase in the applicant pool this year, but we are trying to get all candidates at your priority score interviewed as soon as possible. Please watch for an e-mail from us regarding a possible interview date."
2) "The committee's file review indicates that they are interested in your candidacy. However, due to the increase in the applicant pool this year, it is clear we MAY be unable to interview all the candidates at your priority score. If we do find that we are able to grant an interview you will be notified by e-mail."
3) "The committee's file review indicates that they would like to consider your file further. We are now in the process of scheduling interviews and will continue to do so through February. Unfortunately, the committee indicates interest in far more candidates than we are able to interview. Since we are dependent on the Committee member's schedules for interview spaces, we are unable to predict when or if we will be able to schedule you this year. Please continue to check this site to learn when further action has been taken."
4) "The committee's file review indicates that they wish to consider your file over the next several weeks before making a decision about interview. Since they have some reservations about granting an interview, your file will be reviewed again by a small sub-committee before making a final decision. Please continue to check this site to learn when further action has been taken."
5) "REJECTED"
The above was taken from last year's thread. VCU sort of "rates" your application before giving an interview or rejecting. The "MAY" status is status #2, and no, you don't have to keep checking because they will email you if your status becomes updated! Hope this helps! 🙂
Thought this would be helpful. I don't know if it's been recently posted.
uhmmm I just got an email about status change but don't see anything different... give me a heart attack why don't you? :x
Is it still say your application is complete?
Is it still say your application is complete?
Yea, I thought I was complete on 7/16 , but I guess not? lol
II Invite today (9/23). II for 10/1. I'm surprised they have interview slots available so early! SUPER EXCITED.
Yea, I thought I was complete on 7/16 , but I guess not? lol
I just had the same thing happen. Must mean they're actually going to review it now.
Can someone please shed light on this message
"The committee's file review indicates that they would like to consider your file further. We are now in the process of scheduling interviews and will continue to do so through February. Unfortunately, the committee indicates interest in far more candidates than we are able to interview. Since we are dependent on the Committee member's schedules for interview spaces, we are unable to predict when or if we will be able to schedule you this year. Please continue to check this site to learn when further action has been taken."
"The committee's file review indicates that they would like to consider your file further. We are now in the process of scheduling interviews and will continue to do so through February. Unfortunately, the committee indicates interest in far more candidates than we are able to interview. Since we are dependent on the Committee member's schedules for interview spaces, we are unable to predict when or if we will be able to schedule you this year. Please continue to check this site to learn when further action has been taken."
First interview invite! Complete on Sept 10. II this morning!
when are you scheduled?First interview invite! Complete on Sept 10. II this morning!
when are you scheduled?
October 8th!
"Your file is complete, and has been forwarded to the Admissions Committee for further decison."
So, more ambiguity!
Did you get this message
'Your M.D. file is now complete. The Admissions Committee will now do a comprehensive review of your application. Once the review is complete, your file will be prioritized, and interviews will be granted based on your priority score and the date your file was completed. Please do not call the Admissions Office requesting special dates. Please continue to read all paragraphs below.'
or a different one?
Nope, I got that status several weeks ago. Today's new status is short, it says exactly what I posted above, nothing more.Did you get this message
'Your M.D. file is now complete. The Admissions Committee will now do a comprehensive review of your application. Once the review is complete, your file will be prioritized, and interviews will be granted based on your priority score and the date your file was completed. Please do not call the Admissions Office requesting special dates. Please continue to read all paragraphs below.'
or a different one?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nope, I got that status several weeks ago. Today's new status is short, it says exactly what I posted above, nothing more.
So yours has been reviewed and is in the 'your file will be prioritized, and interviews will be granted based on your priority score and the date your file was completed' stage? Ambiguous indeed... But I'd assume you'll be in the next round of invites/rejections at least...
I suppose so- that's good news then! I'd rather get a rejection now than wait 4 more months before getting one.So yours has been reviewed and is in the 'your file will be prioritized, and interviews will be granted based on your priority score and the date your file was completed' stage? Ambiguous indeed... But I'd assume you'll be in the next round of invites/rejections at least...
I suppose so- that's good news then! I'd rather get a rejection now than wait 4 more months before getting one.
Earlier in the thread, there is a breakdown of the "priority scores" that you will see on the applicant portal and what they mean. I don't think your status is one of their 5 priority scores. Hopefully you will have something more definitive soon.
Was the October 1st date not available?October 8th!
I don't think so, but I'm not really sure. But that day definitely works out well for me I think.Was the October 1st date not available?
same thing happened to meI was complete 7/13 and my status switched to forwarded to admissions committee like a week ago and then switched BACK to ur file is complete like two days ago...
Thanks for the feedback, I'll search through the forum for that discussionEarlier in the thread, there is a breakdown of the "priority scores" that you will see on the applicant portal and what they mean. I don't think your status is one of their 5 priority scores. Hopefully you will have something more definitive soon.
Ugh.. My status recently changed from the initial long one to the "your file is complete and will be reviewed" one. Today I got an email saying I had a recent status update, so I checked, and it went back to the original status! 😕
Has this happened to anyone else? If so, what ended up happening after?
Has this happened to anyone else? If so, what ended up happening after?
Ugh.. My status recently changed from the initial long one to the "your file is complete and will be reviewed" one. Today I got an email saying I had a recent status update, so I checked, and it went back to the original status! 😕
Has this happened to anyone else? If so, what ended up happening after?
happened to me too. NO idea what it meant. a month or so after, i got the May status and silence since
Ugh.. My status recently changed from the initial long one to the "your file is complete and will be reviewed" one. Today I got an email saying I had a recent status update, so I checked, and it went back to the original status! 😕
Has this happened to anyone else? If so, what ended up happening after?
Same pattern happened to me, and I believe several others as well. I've been sitting on this last (originally the first) status for about 10 days.
Ugh.. My status recently changed from the initial long one to the "your file is complete and will be reviewed" one. Today I got an email saying I had a recent status update, so I checked, and it went back to the original status! 😕
Has this happened to anyone else? If so, what ended up happening after?
John in admissions says you can determine your odds of an interview by calculating the inverse of the square root of the product of your number of status changes times your LizzyM/2.
No status change = blow up the universe then?John in admissions says you can determine your odds of an interview by calculating the inverse of the square root of the product of your number of status changes times your LizzyM/2.
Ugh.. My status recently changed from the initial long one to the "your file is complete and will be reviewed" one. Today I got an email saying I had a recent status update, so I checked, and it went back to the original status! 😕
Has this happened to anyone else? If so, what ended up happening after?
I had that to. About a month ago, and nothing since.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
mine do!Do received letters of recommendation show up on the file status tab?