-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Virginia Commonwealth University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Has anyone been put on pre-interview hold?
I interviewed on 10/1 and I only received the interview survey. I hope they get to my application by 10/16.
When did you interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If it interests anyone, on interview day they told us that the last person admitted to each class gets a full tuition scholarship courtesy of some alumnus who was the last admitted to his class.
wowwwwww that's so cute/awesome! 😀If it interests anyone, on interview day they told us that the last person admitted to each class gets a full tuition scholarship courtesy of some alumnus who was the last admitted to his class.
I do not believe it is a full scholarship. But there is a scholarship. http://news.vcu.edu/article/Last_seat_in_medical_school_holds_great_honorIf it interests anyone, on interview day they told us that the last person admitted to each class gets a full tuition scholarship courtesy of some alumnus who was the last admitted to his class.
I do not believe it is a full scholarship. But there is a scholarship. http://news.vcu.edu/article/Last_seat_in_medical_school_holds_great_honor
Hmm that's what I recall hearing, but you're right, I couldn't find any source that elaborated on the amount.
Hmm that's what I recall hearing, but you're right, I couldn't find any source that elaborated on the amount.
I think the full scholarship you may be remembering is for under-represented minority nevernudes.
Do we have to get the post interview hold status before we get a decision? I only received the survey.
I think so. I was told that the hold means that our file is reviewed and a score has been assigned, so that an offer for acceptance may be given on one of the 4 acceptance dates. When did you interview?Do we have to get the post interview hold status before we get a decision? I only received the survey.
I interviewed last Thursday. I didn't think it would make the deadline in time, but my interviewer made it sound like he was going to present my file to the committee yesterday.
I think so. I was told that the hold means that our file is reviewed and a score has been assigned, so that an offer for acceptance may be given on one of the 4 acceptance dates. When did you interview?
I don't know... no one has posted on this thread yet to say they've received the post-interview hold status (myself included - I interviewed a few weeks ago and still haven't heard anything).
I think I'm actually going to be refreshing my browser every five minutes today. Do you know what time they are supposed to go out? It's today right?

I don't know... no one has posted on this thread yet to say they've received the post-interview hold status (myself included - I interviewed a few weeks ago and still haven't heard anything).
I think I'm actually going to be refreshing my browser every five minutes today. Do you know what time they are supposed to go out? It's today right?![]()
It's tomorrow dude
I believe the first wave of acceptances are supposed to go out tomorrow, Thursday 16th. Don't hold your breath all day waiting for the email though or you'll likely pass out. It seems traditionally notifications don't go out until evening (6:20-6:30)...which means practically another full day of waiting for us.
I just got a status update about my application being on hold at 6:20PM today. Does that mean it's on hold until Dec. 15, or do I possibly have a chance of getting an acceptance tomorrow?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just got a status update about my application being on hold at 6:20PM today. Does that mean it's on hold until Dec. 15, or do I possibly have a chance of getting an acceptance tomorrow?
+1
when did you interview? i think they put everyone on hold after interviews if you aren't rejected until the 4 offer datesI just got a status update about my application being on hold at 6:20PM today. Does that mean it's on hold until Dec. 15, or do I possibly have a chance of getting an acceptance tomorrow?
I interviewed on 9/23 and just got the hold status today. It used to be the post-interview survey status.when did you interview? i think they put everyone on hold after interviews if you aren't rejected until the 4 offer dates
Is it too late to submit a secondary for this school?
My gut feeling is telling me that this "hold" status means that, while we're not rejected (yay!), we're also not going to be offered acceptances tomorrow. I'm not a superstar applicant and would be very surprised if I had an acceptance this early in the cycle. My LizzyM is <70, and my volunteer work is probably considered below average.
Meh, I need to stop trying to figure this out and be a bit more patient. 🙂
Meh, I need to stop trying to figure this out and be a bit more patient. 🙂
Just withdrew... had been sitting at "very interested" since the end of July and not a peep since then. Love Virginia, but I could not justify another flight out there in the off-chance VCU became interested enough to invite me. 😉
John has won this challenge.
Good luck to all those waiting and hope there's a deluge of acceptances tomorrow!
John has won this challenge.
Good luck to all those waiting and hope there's a deluge of acceptances tomorrow!
I interviewed 10/1 and also received a hold status today at 6:20 PM as well. We may find out on any of the four dates starting tomorrow for an acceptance! Good luck everyone!
After sitting with "MAY" status for over two months I've withdrawn my application. Good luck guys!
Any idea what time they're releasing decisions today and if it's by email or phone?
I'm pretty sure it's via the portal/email and typically 6-7 pm.
So basically if I interviewed on Oct. 1st and still have the post-interview survey status that means I'm either getting deferred or rejected?
Here's what I can summarize from what they said on interview day:
1) a post-interview "hold" status indicates that a decision has been made and you can receive an acceptance on the nearest decision date.
2) if no hold status, then you are automatically deferred to the next decision date, but there will not be any rejections or waitlists given out until March 16th.
3) if hold status, but no acceptance notification on decision date, then you are also automatically deferred to the next date.
Hope that helps!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Withdrew my app here. Good luck all! I hope one of you gets my interview slot!
Anyone heard anything back?
Anyone heard anything back?
Nothing yet. I've been refreshing my email and stalking this thread in anticipation of something coming through... lol.
Accepted! 🙂
Congrats! I still have the "hold" status, when did you hear and how?
Status changed to "Your file is complete, and has been forwarded to the Admissions Committee for further decision" today.
Has anyone found significant meaning in this particular status? Or could someone please provide a guesstimate of the turnaround from this status to another?
Has anyone found significant meaning in this particular status? Or could someone please provide a guesstimate of the turnaround from this status to another?
Might sound like a stud question, but how do we know if we're accepted? I got a status change email and the website is talking about a $100 deposit and holding a seat. But nothing explicit. Gags. Just want to make sure!
Click "Instructions/Forms" the third one actually says it. But yeah the home page is vagueMight sound like a stud question, but how do we know if we're accepted? I got a status change email and the website is talking about a $100 deposit and holding a seat. But nothing explicit. Gags. Just want to make sure!
+1 Oh well, I guess I wasn't even expecting an interview this early anyway.UGH!! Nothing. Looks like I have to wait until December..or later 🙁
Might sound like a stud question, but how do we know if we're accepted? I got a status change email and the website is talking about a $100 deposit and holding a seat. But nothing explicit. Gags. Just want to make sure!
If they are telling you about holding a seat that means you have a seat to hold... aka accepted. Go celebrate! Congrats!
UGH!! Nothing. Looks like I have to wait until December..or later 🙁
Same. Do you still have the post-interview survey status?
Same. Do you still have the post-interview survey status?
No, the "post interview hold" status.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No, the "post interview hold" status.
Grrr I don't even have that. Idk what any of this means! It's like they are speaking in code... Good luck to us next round I guess.
Accepted! Although the letter on the 3rd link does say "class of 2014." I'm not going to worry about it though!! Congrats to everyone else accepted tonight and best of luck for everyone else still waiting
Blast, I interviewed on 10/8 and I'm still on the survey status. I wonder if Columbus Day did me in as far as the admissions committee meeting being postponed... I guess it'll be another two months of waiting. Congratulations to all who were accepted! To all those still waiting, hang tough!
OOS Interviewed on Oct 2nd, placed on hold since yesterday and haven't heard a thing since then. Does that mean I didn't make the cut?
Same here (interviewed last week). I don't think we made it this round 🙁
I'm worried that our chances of being admitted will go down later on in the cycle since the pool of interviewed candidates is only going to get bigger.