You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Albany Medical College Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Does the UC list eventually turn into a wait list proper?
Does the UC list eventually turn into a wait list proper?
Yesterday they said that it would be narrowed down more and then turned into a regular waitlist.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got an acceptance email today! Interviewed March 31. Good luck to everyone out there - looks like they're still filling spots in the class!
Last edited:
You interviewed 25 days from now?! Congrats, future-you must have crushed the interview!Just got an acceptance email today! Interviewed April 31. Good luck to everyone out there - looks like they're still filling spots in the class!
Edit: But seriously, all jokes aside, CONGRATS!
Just got an acceptance email today! Interviewed April 31. Good luck to everyone out there - looks like they're still filling spots in the class!
Congrats! I interviewed the same day as you, I think you meant March 31st, and they let me know I am still under consideration(not immediately accepted/poss. wait list spot). Best of luck to you!
I was never placed on a pre-interview hold, but I never received an II either. At this point, should I assume that they are done with invites 🙁
You interviewed 25 days from now?! Congrats, future-you must have crushed the interview!
Edit: But seriously, all jokes aside, CONGRATS!
Haha yes - my mistake. Always getting ahead of myself

I was never placed on a pre-interview hold, but I never received an II either. At this point, should I assume that they are done with invites 🙁
The last interview is 4/13 so probably =/ I'm sorry [emoji17]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
guys....the waiting game is driving me crazy.
Accepted! Exactly a week after my interview!
Awesome!Accepted! Exactly a week after my interview!
Last edited:
My interview was last Tuesday and the wait is going to kill me, I loved the school!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Good luck! Keep us posted!My interview was last Tuesday and the wait is going to kill me, I loved the school!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1rejected pre-II just now
How are people searching for housing here? Also, is there a Facebook group for accepted students?
same. officially "unwatch"-ing this threat. best of luck everyonerejected pre-II just now
I'm personally struggling with finding housing due to the fact that I am three states away still at school, unable to look at housing / even sign a lease lol. And yes there is a Fbook group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/169147763451210/How are people searching for housing here? Also, is there a Facebook group for accepted students?
I'm personally struggling with finding housing due to the fact that I am three states away still at school, unable to look at housing / even sign a lease lol. And yes there is a Fbook group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/169147763451210/
Thanks for the facebook group! I am just contacting different apartment complexes in the area, because I am also at school a few states away. Hopefully we find something!
Got accepted a few hours ago via email.
Interviewed exactly one week ago
Congrats, was it your top choice?
Did anybody else who interviewed last week hear back?
Last edited:
Congrats, was it your top choice?
Did anybody else who interviewed last week hear back?
I interviewed exactly a week ago, haven't heard anything yet...[emoji102] getting scared now
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Well, I guess nothing is better than a rejection. Best of luckI interviewed exactly a week ago, haven't heard anything yet...[emoji102] getting scared now
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Just withdrew my acceptance. Good luck to all those who are still waiting! 🙂
Got accepted this afternoon via email.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello and congratulations on being accepted! I'm a first year at AMC right now, just signed up at SDN to shamelessly plug my room for rent. It's a great location, super close (3 minute walk) to AMC, and you would be living with two of my classmates (will be second years). I attached a flyer, you can also check out the Albany Med 2020 facebook group to see better pictures. Also if you have any questions feel free to ask!
Attachments
Put on the UC list via email this morning. Pretty disappointed to be honest. Really loved the school.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
+1 - Interviewed in April.Put on the UC list via email this morning. Pretty disappointed to be honest. Really loved the school.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Does the UC list eventually become a waitlist?
Yes.
Does the UC list eventually become a waitlist?
Does the UC list eventually become a waitlist?
I believe so, probably after traffic day.
Let's hope we see lots of movement of the list this year...personally I'm feeling very discouraged right now...🙁
I believe so, probably after traffic day.
Let's hope we see lots of movement of the list this year...personally I'm feeling very discouraged right now...🙁
Me too! It seems like a lot of people on this thread have revoked their acceptances so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for UC movement!
I interviewed in March, but still haven't heard anything back yet. Should I be worried?
I interviewed in March, but still haven't heard anything back yet. Should I be worried?
I would check your spam mail. I interviewed in 4/5 and heard back today.
Hi!
I was accepted in March and tried to join the group but haven't been accepted to the FB page yet. Do I need to email someone?
Also, struggling with finding a (dog-friendly) place to live as well....coming from California but thinking about flying over just to look at places....
I also wasn't accepted to the page. I was considering messaging one of the admins of the group. I want to try to find roommates
I would check your spam mail. I interviewed in 4/5 and heard back today.
Just checked, nothing yet. Getting anxious.
Hi!
I was accepted in March and tried to join the group but haven't been accepted to the FB page yet. Do I need to email someone?
Also, struggling with finding a (dog-friendly) place to live as well....coming from California but thinking about flying over just to look at places....
Also eagerly waiting to be added to the FB group.
Does anyone know how receptive AMC is to letters of interest? On my interview day they seemed to be less than excited about them but I figure nothing can hurt me at this point.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Does anyone know how receptive AMC is to letters of interest? On my interview day they seemed to be less than excited about them but I figure nothing can hurt me at this point.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Yeah I got the same vibe after my interview. I'm curious to know as well. I feel like someone mentioned earlier in the thread that their update letter got acknowledged?....
Does anyone know how receptive AMC is to letters of interest? On my interview day they seemed to be less than excited about them but I figure nothing can hurt me at this point.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
It doesn't look like AMC accepts them. Here's what's said on the portal under application status:
We do not accept updates or letters of interest sent to us via fax, "regular mail", or email to supplement the required documents to complete your file. Unsolicited updates that are sent to our office will not be added to your file, nor will they be acknowledged. We will contact you if the Admissions Committee requests updated information.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It doesn't look like AMC accepts them. Here's what's said on the portal under application status:
We do not accept updates or letters of interest sent to us via fax, "regular mail", or email to supplement the required documents to complete your file. Unsolicited updates that are sent to our office will not be added to your file, nor will they be acknowledged. We will contact you if the Admissions Committee requests updated information.
Thanks! Probably not worth the energy to write one. On another note, I've been on the UC list since March and my portal has never updated to reflect that. I assume it's supposed to though...
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I also wasn't accepted to the page. I was considering messaging one of the admins of the group. I want to try to find roommates
Were you able to get added to the group yet, mine is still pending as well.
Does anyone know which days the committee meets to discuss applications?
Any accepted students who are looking for places to live PM me, maybe we can make the search easier. I have been looking at a few properties in the area and want to find roommates before it gets too late.
Finally got approved today hahaWere you able to get added to the group yet, mine is still pending as well.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K