You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Boston University Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Does anyone know what percentage of OOS applicants are accepted post-interview?
It's not a state school so it shouldn't matter. In fact, I remember one of their big talking points during the interview day was that they accept people from everywhere. So I'd imagine region isn't very high on their priorities list.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How long was the interview itself? I heard it was 2 hours long??.
Oh ya. Got an interview invite 2 days ago and interviewing tomorrow
Jeez, that is a very early date compared to the II. Are you from Boston or the nearby area?
What was your complete date/stats if you don't mind me asking?
I was looking on the BU secondary app at the interview scheduling portion: does BU have two waves of interviews (before Jan and after Jan-Feb)?
YesI was looking on the BU secondary app at the interview scheduling portion: does BU have two waves of interviews (before Jan and after Jan-Feb)?
No it's not 2 hours. 45mins-1 hour topsHow long was the interview itself? I heard it was 2 hours long??.
Oh ya. Got an interview invite 2 days ago and interviewing tomorrow
Jeez, that is a very early date compared to the II. Are you from Boston or the nearby area?
What was your complete date/stats if you don't mind me asking?
completion was 7/19. MCAT: 32 GPA: 3.75.
I live in NY. I suspect someone cancels his/her interview last minute, and I am the backup dude.
completion was 7/19. MCAT: 32 GPA: 3.75.
I live in NY. I suspect someone cancels his/her interview last minute, and I am the backup dude.
That was the only date you had to choose from? Or was it assigned to you?
I doubt you were a "back up dude" but I am sure you are right about someone having cancelled their date so that one had opened up
Is Boston U receptive to ITA emails?
Congrats! Complete date if you don't mind me asking?II! Dates offered are january
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh god there's movement... OH GOD 


.
Last edited:
Congrats! Which days of the week do they offer interviews? (MWF, or TTh?)
I think they do MWF, but I don't think any Mondays are left. Mostly W and F left for january.
Can anyone tell me if we will be outside for any part of the day?
Can anyone tell me if we will be outside for any part of the day?
Yes, for short durations during the tour while walking between buildings. Possibly up to 3-5 minutes at a time if your interview is across the campus. I would bring a coat for January interviews!
Last edited:
when it's super gross/cold out we usually don't make you guys go outside for the tour 🙂Yes, for short durations during the tour while walking between buildings. Possibly up to 3-5 minutes at a time if your interview is across the campus. I would bring a coat for January interviews!
I have an interview on 11/30
Super nervous and not sure what to expect!
Super nervous and not sure what to expect!
Interviewed here in October...anxiously awaiting a decision!
Don't be nervous! They make the day really nice for everyone there. They want you there and they use the time to try and see if you like the school and if you fit their mission. Just be yourself, relax, and it'll go fine! Good luck!I have an interview on 11/30
Super nervous and not sure what to expect!
Thank you!!Don't be nervous! They make the day really nice for everyone there. They want you there and they use the time to try and see if you like the school and if you fit their mission. Just be yourself, relax, and it'll go fine! Good luck!
Is the interview style one-on-one?
Do you guys know how we schedule a student host?
If you look in the email that has your interview confirmation there's a section called Hosts. There's a link to a google doc with host names, email addresses, and instructions.
Rejected today, Lizzy M 73, complete around the beginning of August.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1, complete October
E
edward90
.
Last edited by a moderator:
Same here. Non-traditional complete 10/20 and rejected today. Bummer!Count me in with the rejections as well...really hoped to get an II after hearing non-trads/"career changers" having success getting in here.
Complete 9/16. OOS.
I just got rejected as well... II completed early October
Rejected. 521, 3.73
Complete 9/23
Rejections really really suck
Complete 9/23
Rejections really really suck
Rejected, post secondary. Bummer, I really liked this school... Will Tufts show me some love? Come on Boston ☺
Does BU send rejection/waitlis letters through snail mail?
nah they have this thing where they try to care about the environment or someth idk (paperless?)Does BU send rejection/waitlis letters through snail mail?
II! Complete August 3.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I believe its open file from what I have heard.Congrats on the II's! Does anyone know if the interview is open or closed? Thanks!
Congrats on the II's! Does anyone know if the interview is open or closed? Thanks!
Open!
My interview was open file. Good luck with your interview!Congrats on the II's! Does anyone know if the interview is open or closed? Thanks!
Mine was definitely open. One 45-60 minute interview, Good luck to all and congrats!Congrats on the II's! Does anyone know if the interview is open or closed? Thanks!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K