You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Boston University Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
For those who have interviewed, what date did they say they would be sending out acceptances/rejections?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats on the II's! Does anyone know if the interview is open or closed? Thanks!
The interview is open.
First acceptances go out mid January, along with rejections and a substantial number of deferrals. Most acceptances will be sent out after the second round of interviews is complete.For those who have interviewed, what date did they say they would be sending out acceptances/rejections?
So... Is there still hope for an II from here? Been complete since early Sept, haven't heard anything yet and would definitely love to take a trip to Boston! Is silence somewhat positive? The wait is pretty brutal at this point...
rejected, pre II 🙁
Ok so I've asked this on other forums so I'm sure I've bored some of you with my question already: I'm a last minute Canadian applicant, 33/3.96. Of course there is no way to give a yes/no answer, but can anyone offer advice on whether or not spending energy on this secondary (and submitting within the next few days) would be truly worth it?
Realistically, probably not. Medical school interview offers at most schools are rolling (even if they don't explicitly state it) so it would be very difficult to get interviews at this point in the cycle. If you are applying to all schools this late, I would highly advise you to apply next year in order to give yourself a better shot at getting more interviews. Good luck with whatever you end up doing!Ok so I've asked this on other forums so I'm sure I've bored some of you with my question already: I'm a last minute Canadian applicant, 33/3.96. Of course there is no way to give a yes/no answer, but can anyone offer advice on whether or not spending energy on this secondary (and submitting within the next few days) would be truly worth it?
Thank you for the advice!Realistically, probably not. Medical school interview offers at most schools are rolling (even if they don't explicitly state it) so it would be very difficult to get interviews at this point in the cycle. If you are applying to all schools this late, I would highly advise you to apply next year in order to give yourself a better shot at getting more interviews. Good luck with whatever you end up doing!
Would you guys say that question 2 - If you are not expecting to go directly to medical school after completing your undergraduate work, please explain. - applies to someone who completed their undergrad in May 2015, and is now doing a 1-year master's and applying for med school to enter in 2016? Any opinions would be much appreciated!
Edit: I mean in their description they mention graduate program but the wording of the question itself made me doubt it for a second.
Edit: I mean in their description they mention graduate program but the wording of the question itself made me doubt it for a second.
yep, I think they just want to know what you'll be doing in your gap year since you didn't matriculate directly from undergrad, good luck!Would you guys say that question 2 - If you are not expecting to go directly to medical school after completing your undergraduate work, please explain. - applies to someone who completed their undergrad in May 2015, and is now doing a 1-year master's and applying for med school to enter in 2016? Any opinions would be much appreciated!
Edit: I mean in their description they mention graduate program but the wording of the question itself made me doubt it for a second.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you!yep, I think they just want to know what you'll be doing in your gap year since you didn't matriculate directly from undergrad, good luck!
Looking for an opinion on the educational timeline question: would you guys say that taking one theme (e.g. a few experiences that have helped me become more culturally competent etc.) and expanding on it is preferred, or a larger number of distinct experiences that have been educational in different ways? Thank you in advance!
LizzyM 72. I received a II a few weeks ago. To those who had an interview already, can someone summarize the interview day?
They provided a sample agenda: http://www.bumc.bu.edu/busm/admissions/application-process/typical-interview-day/
Does anyone know if there are there one or two interviews? Or whether there is a distinction between an "Open Discussion with Faculty Member" and "Interview" on the agenda?
They provided a sample agenda: http://www.bumc.bu.edu/busm/admissions/application-process/typical-interview-day/
Does anyone know if there are there one or two interviews? Or whether there is a distinction between an "Open Discussion with Faculty Member" and "Interview" on the agenda?
It's a pretty generic interview day (but I definitely enjoyed it)LizzyM 72. I received a II a few weeks ago. To those who had an interview already, can someone summarize the interview day?
They provided a sample agenda: http://www.bumc.bu.edu/busm/admissions/application-process/typical-interview-day/
Does anyone know if there are there one or two interviews? Or whether there is a distinction between an "Open Discussion with Faculty Member" and "Interview" on the agenda?
The interview is about an hour long open file. My interviewer had my application on his screen while we talked and asked me questions about it.
The open discussion is just that. A faculty member talks to your interview group while the other group is doing their actually interviews. It's a Q&A that doesn't affect admissions. (Unless you do something extreme during )
I thought they were closed! Congrats!
Anyone else having trouble accessing the MyApplication page or any page on the bumc.bu.edu domain? (e.g. the faq page http://www.bumc.bu.edu/busm/admissions/application-process/faqs-for-current-applicant/). It keeps saying "Web login may be unavailable" and "Forbidden -- you don't have permission to access this site on this server"..
Last edited:
Yes, I haven't been able to access it todayAnyone else having trouble accessing the MyApplication page or any page on the bumc.bu.edu domain? (e.g. the faq page http://www.bumc.bu.edu/busm/admissions/application-process/faqs-for-current-applicant/). It keeps saying "Web login may be unavailable" and "Forbidden -- you don't have permission to access this site on this server"..
a bunch of BU IT services are down right now because of some power issue. Should be fixed soon.Anyone else having trouble accessing the MyApplication page or any page on the bumc.bu.edu domain? (e.g. the faq page http://www.bumc.bu.edu/busm/admissions/application-process/faqs-for-current-applicant/). It keeps saying "Web login may be unavailable" and "Forbidden -- you don't have permission to access this site on this server"..
Just withdrew my interview application. Hopefully the spot goes to someone reading this. 🙂
we should be hearing back by the end of the week, no?
we should be hearing back by the end of the week, no?
If the pattern holds, calls should start going out on Thursday with all decisions being released on Friday. Fingers crossed!!
If the pattern holds, calls should start going out on Thursday with all decisions being released on Friday. Fingers crossed!!
ALL decisions? Even those people who are interviewing this week?
ALL decisions? Even those people who are interviewing this week?
Everybody who interviewed in the first round. I think the first round ended in December.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hmm... I thought we would hear in "mid-January" so what makes you think we will hear this week? I mean, I hope we do...If the pattern holds, calls should start going out on Thursday with all decisions being released on Friday. Fingers crossed!!
I had a spare 10 minutes and went back through the threads to see when decisions came out. Thought I'd share!
2009- Jan. 7th (Wed)
2010- Jan. 7th (Thurs)
2011- Jan. 5th (Wed)
2012- Jan. 4th (Wed)
2013- Jan. 11th (Fri)
2014- Jan. 7th (Tues)
2015- Jan. 8th (Thurs)
Could even be tomorrow- who knows! 🙂
2009- Jan. 7th (Wed)
2010- Jan. 7th (Thurs)
2011- Jan. 5th (Wed)
2012- Jan. 4th (Wed)
2013- Jan. 11th (Fri)
2014- Jan. 7th (Tues)
2015- Jan. 8th (Thurs)
Could even be tomorrow- who knows! 🙂
guys they're probably talking about us RIGHT NOW. Woooooooooah.I had a spare 10 minutes and went back through the threads to see when decisions came out. Thought I'd share!
2009- Jan. 7th (Wed)
2010- Jan. 7th (Thurs)
2011- Jan. 5th (Wed)
2012- Jan. 4th (Wed)
2013- Jan. 11th (Fri)
2014- Jan. 7th (Tues)
2015- Jan. 8th (Thurs)
Could even be tomorrow- who knows! 🙂
Hey does anyone know how late they're interviewing? I'm scheduled for 1/15 but I won't make it
Flour and Cafe Quattro. Interviewing tomorrow like me?Any good places to walk around or eat at near the school?
BTW Flour has excellent everything (especially pastries and sandwiches), I just had Cafe Quattro tonight and the chicken parm sandwich was awesome.
Flour and Cafe Quattro. Interviewing tomorrow like me?
BTW Flour has excellent everything (especially pastries and sandwiches), I just had Cafe Quattro tonight and the chicken parm sandwich was awesome.
Any good places to walk around or eat at near the school?
I second Flour!!!!! Also Regina's pizzeria and Neptune Oyster for a crab roll[emoji39][emoji39]
Any good places to walk around or eat at near the school?
How has no one said Blunch? Their breakfast sandwiches are amazing.
Congrats!Accepted by phone call! Interviewed in Oct.
....And so it hath begun 😵
Got the phone call today!! Interviewed in November.
Congratulations to everyone with acceptances!!
Long time lurker here (and first post woo)...just wanted to tell everyone still waiting for an II, there is still hope!!
I was complete 8/20 Lizzy M ~70 had completely given up but was pleasantly surprised with an II on Monday morning!
Available dates were every MWF between Jan 20-29.
Long time lurker here (and first post woo)...just wanted to tell everyone still waiting for an II, there is still hope!!
I was complete 8/20 Lizzy M ~70 had completely given up but was pleasantly surprised with an II on Monday morning!
Available dates were every MWF between Jan 20-29.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone know if there is an order to the calls? Are they going by interview date?
Anyone know if there is an order to the calls? Are they going by interview date?
From what I can tell from past threads, the person who interviewed you can decide to either call or email you before official decisions are released (therefore, if you do not get a call today, it does not necessarily mean that you were not accepted)
Last year they weren't by order of interview dateAnyone know if there is an order to the calls? Are they going by interview date?
Just received an II!
Congratulations!! When did you submit your secondary?
Late August, though I don't think I was marked complete until mid September.Congratulations!! When did you submit your secondary?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K